Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Please ask about this movie at the upcoming WARNER chat. (not on dvdtalk)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-06, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would someone please ask about GOODBYE MR CHIPS (1969) at the Warner chat on Feb 22. I have been waiting for this movie for years.
Old 02-17-06, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,407 Likes on 1,030 Posts
I believe that's at the HTF, a different forum. And don't start a pre-chat thread over there, they don't want the studios lurking and actually having the information ready instead of about a hundred responses of "not sure, we'll get back to you".
Old 02-17-06, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by milo bloom
I believe that's at the HTF, a different forum. And don't start a pre-chat thread over there, they don't want the studios lurking and actually having the information ready instead of about a hundred responses of "not sure, we'll get back to you".
Old 02-17-06, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is DVDTalk having a chat with WB? I wasn't aware of it, I knew the HTF has one planned for next week. And I used to be a member there, whenever a chat was forthcoming, someone would try to compile a list of questions to ask, and the mods would delete it, claiming it would hurt the spontaneity of the chat. So come chat night, you have twenty people asking about the same three damn movies, and the rest of the responses from the guest are "we're not sure, we'll have to check and get back to you", and I don't recall them doing that much. Somehow, a few interesting tidbits would slip thru, but I always felt the chats could have been a lot more productive if they had allowed a thread beforehand so the chatters could have a unified game plan.

I suppose the OP thinks there's a dual member, and I believe there are a few, I just wanted to let him know not to get his hopes up.
Old 02-17-06, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is NO dvdtalk chat with the wb. Only the HTF is having one.
Old 02-18-06, 08:44 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Ask about Ace Vetura (the original) Widescreen Release. This is one of Warner Brothers greatest comedies, and it is in Fullscreen. So frustrating.
Old 02-18-06, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by milo bloom
Is DVDTalk having a chat with WB? I wasn't aware of it, I knew the HTF has one planned for next week. And I used to be a member there, whenever a chat was forthcoming, someone would try to compile a list of questions to ask, and the mods would delete it, claiming it would hurt the spontaneity of the chat. So come chat night, you have twenty people asking about the same three damn movies, and the rest of the responses from the guest are "we're not sure, we'll have to check and get back to you", and I don't recall them doing that much. Somehow, a few interesting tidbits would slip thru, but I always felt the chats could have been a lot more productive if they had allowed a thread beforehand so the chatters could have a unified game plan.

I suppose the OP thinks there's a dual member, and I believe there are a few, I just wanted to let him know not to get his hopes up.
And the above is why there are so many former HTF members on DVD Talk.
Old 02-18-06, 09:19 AM

Well then I guess this is a smart thread, since it could get the word to the proper people, and if it was posted at HTF it'd be deleted. Good luck to ya.

-JP
Old 02-18-06, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by coli
Ask about Ace Vetura (the original) Widescreen Release. This is one of Warner Brothers greatest comedies, and it is in Fullscreen. So frustrating.
That's interesting because I believe this (or it might have been the Vacation movies) was brought up at a WB chat years ago, and they actually asked "is there really a demand for flat [non-scope] comedies to be released widescreen?" Since I guess the first Ace Ventura was filmed softmatte, they simply opened the mattes to make the fullscreen version, thinking this was an acceptable solution. If you'll read my sig, you'll know what I think of that, and just where exactly they can stick their solution.

When they started re-releasing the Vacation movies in 16x9 transfers, I assumed the first Ace movie would follow, though it apparently hasn't.
Old 02-18-06, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by larry bender
Would someone please ask about GOODBYE MR CHIPS (1969) at the Warner chat on Feb 22. I have been waiting for this movie for years.
If you subscribe to HDNet Movies, Goodbye Mr. Chips was in fairly heavy rotation in high-definition for a while there and may pop up again soon.
Old 04-23-06, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
am i the only one who's surprised that no one asked if Sleepers:SE in the works or not?

does anyone know why we still don't have a special edition of that?
Old 04-23-06, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

While I would love a non-flipper version of Sleepers, I am pretty sure there isn't a high demand for it.