TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica "The Captain's Hand" 02-17-06

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-06, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Battlestar Galactica "The Captain's Hand" 02-17-06

Spoiler:
Apollo assists in the search for a missing Raptor team as the new commander of the Pegasus grows increasingly unstable.
Old 02-17-06, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The March 10th season finale will be 90 minutes, according to the linked article (a few spoilers there as well):

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr...0060215scifi01
Old 02-17-06, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Baltar makes his move...

And Lee commands Pegasus...

Next week, the resurrection episode.
Old 02-17-06, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am getting really annoyed by the complete lack of competence and respect for command authority that I am seeing on the show. Now, because of it. Pegasus looses its Chief Engineer/Captain plus untold number of crew and fighters/raptors. I also understand that the Chief is usually the most compentent engineer. But, it seemed like they had no clue what to do without. So he ends up sacrificing him....thus depriving the Pegasus of its top engineer. And lets not forget the complete lack of discipline and respect for authority from the viper/raptor pilots...Unless they are confronted.

On a side note...While I am getting tired of the Baltar storyline. His complete "sneak attack" of the President during the news confrence was cool.
Old 02-18-06, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
OMG - Lee is dead meat! The Pegasus goes through commanders like Spinal Tap does drummers.

I think the Doctor is my favorite character on the show. Loved it when he brought up the concept of political asylum when Adama was questioning the girl.

Thought it was the end of the road for the Pegasus when the nukes started flying. With Lee in command now, I guess it'll be around for a while longer.

Dee, you big slut! Ye Gods, Billy died for you and now, before he's even cold, you're riding Apollo like a Sybian.
Old 02-18-06, 01:03 AM

Finally....a good episode! Lets hope the rest of the season will be the same!
Old 02-18-06, 01:57 AM

I really enjoyed this episode. Doc Cottle's lines, while always short, are pure gold. Baltar setting up Roslin for the kill was great. Lee as Cmdr of the Pegasus..interesting...he now outranks Col. Tigh...that should prove a fun next meeting between them.

Really looking forward to next weeks episode. It looks like it could be fantastic!
Old 02-18-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Great ep, but I was just glad to see an episode where I saw the ending after the beginning.
Old 02-18-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Good episode - I really thought this was when the Pegasus was going to bite it, like in the original series (kinda), but now that Lee is commander, it looks like it's going to be around for the long haul.

Good to see John Heard again (although he has definitely put on the weight over the years)

Only 3 episodes left, including a 2-part finale.
Old 02-18-06, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Dee, you big slut! Ye Gods, Billy died for you and now, before he's even cold, you're riding Apollo like a Sybian.
Ashame she has absolutely no chemistry with Apollo but she did with Billie.
Old 02-18-06, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Save the god awful Dee/Lee mess, that was a great episode and it promised great stuff to come. The ending with Baltar making his move and Six clapping for him was just incredible. It made me kind of giddy actually. That is the kind of stuff I watch this show for.

Last edited by onebyone; 02-18-06 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-18-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If Apollo fails as XO of the Pegasus.....Next in line, since they have killed everyone else is:

Yeoman-Purser Burl 'Gopher' Smith

Old 02-18-06, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Originally Posted by onebyone
Save the god awful Dee/Lee mess, that was a great episode and it promised great stuff to come. The ending with Baltar making his movie and Six clapping for him was just incredible. It made me kind of giddy actually. That is the kind of stuff I watch this show for.
Agree 100%. This was my favorite episode so far this season, and Baltar's announcement made me cackle -- perfect, perfect, perfect. Don't buy Lee and Dee, though, and not just because their names sound so ridiculous that close together.
Old 02-18-06, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Next weeks episode probably sees the fleet's tabloids and talk shows rife with talk about LeeDee, featuring Lee jumping up and down on a sofa.

Nah, who am I fooling. Dee's probably already got some other dude lined up now than Lee's on the Peagsus. You can't turn a ho into a housewife.
Old 02-18-06, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How hard can it be to command a battlestar?
Old 02-18-06, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by NORML54601
How hard can it be to command a battlestar?
Just as hard as teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts.
Old 02-18-06, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TOLEN
If Apollo fails as XO of the Pegasus.....Next in line, since they have killed everyone else is:

Yeoman-Purser Burl 'Gopher' Smith

Lee is no longer the XO, he's now the CO. He did a damned fine job at being the XO though.
Old 02-18-06, 11:25 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
No flashbacks

It was good to have the cylons back as well and Baltar making his move against Roslin was great.
Old 02-18-06, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I haven't gotten used to the sound of Admiral Adama, so I'm glad that there's once again a Commander Adama.
Old 02-18-06, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cleaver
Great ep, but I was just glad to see an episode where I saw the ending after the beginning.

This is how you do a good episode of Battlestar Galactica.
Old 02-19-06, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally Posted by cleaver
True.

Seemed like, at the start of the season, they were really abusing this storytelling device, doing it with no good reason whatsoever.

Starting at the end or middle, and then working your toward that end, can work in movies and short stories and novels, but it doesn't in episodic television storytelling.

I seriously wouldn't mind if, when the DVDs come out, they recut those episodes so they flowed in real-time without all of the jumping around the timeline.

I'm sort of ambivalent on all of the pre-war flashbacks we were getting this season. I really don't mind fleshing out the characters by showing them back on Caprica or wherever, but it kind of stops the flow of the episode dead in its tracks.
Old 02-19-06, 09:44 AM

Absolutely great episode!

While I like the idea of Lee commanding the Pegasus, shouldn't the next logical person be Colonial Tigh (shudder)? I mean, the guys gotta be a little pissed that he's been passed over twice now for the command of Pegasus.

Loved the scene at the end where Baltar announces his candidacy for president.
Old 02-19-06, 11:35 AM

Seems like being the CO of the Pegasus is something like being the drummer for Spinal Tap.
Strongest episode of this second half of season two. So many great moments in the show but yes, Six clapping for a Baltar, who I thought looked totally deranged, was the highlight.
Old 02-19-06, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SiberianLlama
While I like the idea of Lee commanding the Pegasus, shouldn't the next logical person be Colonial Tigh (shudder)? I mean, the guys gotta be a little pissed that he's been passed over twice now for the command of Pegasus.
Although I'm sure it would make his wife happy, I don't think he wants or is capable of being a commander. His last stint as CO turned into a bit of fiasco.
Old 02-19-06, 04:07 PM

Anyone remember how many Cylon human lookalike variants there were? And now how many do we know about?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.