DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Homicide Seasons 1-5 for $149.97 at DDD

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-06, 11:42 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homicide Seasons 1-5 for $149.97 at DDD

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ANE007174
Thought this may be of interest to fans of the show. It's about $40 less than the next best deal on the net.
Old 02-15-06, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's a pretty good deal for four boxsets (season 1+2 is one boxset). I remember amazon.com had a sale in November 2005 where they were selling them each for about $36. I own all the seasons and they are definitely worth $37 a piece.
Old 02-15-06, 11:17 AM

Anyone who just wants season 3 of HOMICIDE: LOTS can find it for $24.95 plus $3.50 shipping at hamiltonbook.com.
Old 02-15-06, 09:22 PM

I wish I had made the Amazon sale. Does anyone know of a good way to get Seasons 5, 6, 7 cheap?

Columbiahouse once had a decent sale ($50 or so), plus I used a whole year's of combined funcash for a set or two. Those were the days.
Old 02-15-06, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bobhug
Anyone who just wants season 3 of HOMICIDE: LOTS can find it for $24.95 plus $3.50 shipping at hamiltonbook.com.
It's site selling books. I can't find the DVD there. Or did I misunderstand you? Can you provide a direct link?
Old 02-16-06, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dvdphilic
It's site selling books. I can't find the DVD there. Or did I misunderstand you? Can you provide a direct link?
I found it there, just typed "homicide" in the search. That's a killer price, if I didn't have them already.

This show is worth every penny, and that season 1-5 deal at DDD is a great way to nab most of them and definitely cheaper than I paid individually. One of the best dramas ever made for television, it's hard to believe it was television sometimes.
Old 02-16-06, 06:47 AM

Link to Hamiltonbook.com for Homicide, season 3:

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamilton...oducts/5263042
Old 02-16-06, 08:20 AM

Thanks. It's a little strange a book webstore sells this DVD and only season 3 is available. Anybody actually received a copy from them? Are there any more DVD bargains you guys can dig from there?
Old 02-16-06, 09:29 AM

Hamiltonbook.com IS, primarily, a seller of closeout and remainder books. That said, they have a small group of DVDs at closeout prices. To access their complete listing of DVDs, use their "Power Search" function on the homepage. Then select "DVD" under "Binding/Media" and you'll get their full list of DVDs which, currently, is around 130. Like the books, the DVDs are, for the most part, closeouts. You'll find some particularly good deals on DVDs from A&E Home Video. I've ordered both books and DVDs from them over a dozen times . . . shipping can be a little slow . . . anywhere from one to three weeks . . . but the prices more than make up for it and shipping is just $3.50 per order. I believe they may still even have a coupon code for free shipping . . . at least last month I used the code 4642 and received free shipping. Hope this helps.
Old 02-16-06, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by dvdphilic
Thanks. It's a little strange a book webstore sells this DVD and only season 3 is available. Anybody actually received a copy from them? Are there any more DVD bargains you guys can dig from there?
There have been a couple of Hamilton Book threads recently. Many of the titles from the earlier threads, like Danger UXB, are no longer available. But they still have some decent deals, depending on what you are interested in. As stated below, run a search under DVD, and you get all of their available DVD's.

Of their current list, I recently ordered The Complete Hammer House of Horror for $19.95. This title is $42 on Deepdiscountdvd, well over that most anywhere else. I haven't watched any yet, but it seems to be a pretty highly regarded set. And that free shipping code has worked for me also in the past.

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamilton...oducts/5246172
Old 02-16-06, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
Of their current list, I recently ordered The Complete Hammer House of Horror for $19.95. This title is $42 on Deepdiscountdvd, well over that most anywhere else. I haven't watched any yet, but it seems to be a pretty highly regarded set.
Hammer's House of Horror is a set that I ordered last month. It's an anthology series, so the episodes are of variable quality, though they all look and sound good. It's really Hammer's take on contemporary (circa 1980) horror, but there are a few directors on some of the episodes that actually directed Hammer films (Alan Gibson, Peter Sasdy) and even Peter Cushing shows up in one of the episodes. Good fun and a steal at $20.
Old 02-17-06, 07:04 AM

I ordered and received Homicide Season 3 from Hamilton recently. Very happy with the service and the product. One minor hiccup though: after ordering I got an email saying it was out of stock, and then the next day I got another email saying it was on its' way.
It was a brand new unopened copy by the way.
Old 02-22-06, 09:57 AM

For a second I thought I had hit the motherload when I saw this thread. Unfortunately I already have season 1-4 of Homicide.
Oh well, maybe next time they'll have a bundle of the later seasons.