Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

So umm Full Auto comes out today/tomorrow.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-06, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So yeah I didn't change my preorder and decided to stick with this game. EB told me they would get theirs tomorrow so I'll be picking it up. Will there be anyone here to play with? Or has everyone shit out on this game.

Did anyone get it today? If so what do you think?
Old 02-14-06, 03:32 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It didn't seem too interesting to me. I'll give it a try before I buy it.
Old 02-14-06, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Cancelled my preorder after playing the demo. Might be worth buying 9 months from now for $20.
Old 02-14-06, 03:43 PM

See this is what I was afraid of. They've killed the game with their shitty demo. Oh well I guess I'll probably see you guys on Burnout Revenge next month eh?
Old 02-14-06, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
It's going for ~45 at Fry's this week, right (though without the faceplate). I'll wait for reviews too, but I'm intrigued by the price...
Old 02-14-06, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts
I've yet to find a non-bundled 360, but this was one of the early 360 games I was most excited about. I loved the idea of massive, track-altering destruction.

Too bad the demo seems to be kinda "meh." I'm a big Twisted Metal and Burnout fan...this seemed like the best of both worlds...
Old 02-15-06, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, hopefully I'll pick my pre-order today from GameRush (w/faceplate). I thought the demo was ok.....we'll see.
Old 02-15-06, 06:37 AM

Cool DJ add me to your friend list if you get a chance, I know you've been having troubles with XBL but if you're able to get on let me know, I'd like to play a few games. I may not get my copy till tomorrow though. I also should be getting the faceplate.
Old 02-15-06, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by kakihara1
See this is what I was afraid of. They've killed the game with their shitty demo. Oh well I guess I'll probably see you guys on Burnout Revenge next month eh?
Sorta. The demo didn't kill the idea on me, it just isn't so impressive that I need to pick it up at full price. In all actuallity it has more to do with Burnout being so hot on its heels 3 weeks later. So a little combination of both.
Old 02-15-06, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Remember, this demo is very similar to what they had at E3 last year. It's basically their E3 demo. That means the demo needed to be ready by May of 2005 and was being worked on much before then. They didn't spend a lot of time on this demo and decided to focus on the finished game instead.

You're looking at the game as it was before another almost full year of development.

I still think it could be a good game, but with a couple of other good games coming out (Oblivion, Burnout), I have no problem waiting until summer to play it.
Old 02-15-06, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 911 Likes on 672 Posts
IGN's review is up. Got a 7.1
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/688/688554p1.html

Closing Comments
Despite the recent shortage of new games, Full Auto isn't the title to ride triumphantly into your Xbox 360's disc tray and soothe your aching boredom. It can be fun to play, but there's nothing refreshingly new or unique about it to compensate for its shallow gameplay. The only way this title is going to survive more than five or six hours in your Xbox 360 is if you play online, but the lag issues could definitely turn you off. While games like Kameo: Elements of Power and Condemned: Criminal Origins offer similarly short single player experiences, they were far more interesting games to play. Despite Full Auto's explosions and destruction, it still feels generic and dated at times. The environments get boring, there's more graphical slowdown than there should be in a next-generation title and the gameplay mechanics soon become tiresome, regardless of how they're dressed up and altered in Career mode. Even though online play is more fun, it still feels very similar to the single player experience. If you have a passion for vehicle combat and don't care about sophisticated driving mechanics or track design, Full Auto can be an enjoyable experience. For those looking for a game with more substance and lasting value, save your dollars.
Old 02-15-06, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by The Bus
Remember, this demo is very similar to what they had at E3 last year. It's basically their E3 demo. That means the demo needed to be ready by May of 2005 and was being worked on much before then. They didn't spend a lot of time on this demo and decided to focus on the finished game instead.

You're looking at the game as it was before another almost full year of development.
I'm aware. The recent vids make the game look more polished, but it is still the same game underneath the pretty graphics. Just looks like it would get redundant. Like I said, I'm up for it when it hits the bargain bin.
Old 02-15-06, 09:06 AM

Yeah I probably should have waited but I think it will be fun, at least for a few weeks till burnout comes out, then when Oblivion hits I'll be nowhere to be found for awhile
Old 02-15-06, 11:28 AM

didn't get the game yet. $45 at frys sounds like i might pull the trigger.

I did get a faceplate, and it's quite disappointing compared to the COD2 one. It's just a black faceplate with the painted red/silver stripe on it and Full Auto name painted on. It's not glossy like other plates. And it feels like you could scratch off the painted on parts with your fingernail. Oh we'll, it's free so really I shouldn't complain.

I think the game will be a good filler title until March rolls around. But if your on a budget, just wait and keep playing Geometry Wars until March!
Old 02-15-06, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928116.asp

Currently has a 71% @ gamerankings.com

6.5 @ Gamespot

Last edited by RichC2; 02-15-06 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-16-06, 07:43 AM

So I picked up my copy of Full Auto last night and here are my quick thoughts

1.) the tutorials are useless and boring, at least the ones I played through are.

2.) Everything else in this game kicks major ass. It's fun as hell in the career mode and Arcade mode as well.

3.) I have to admit I didn't play on live last night but I intend to do that tonight but I've heard nothing but good things about the live play.
Old 02-16-06, 07:45 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Darn you Martin. You're making me want the game again.

Maybe I'll just rent it this weekend to play it a bit.

I was more intrigued after reading the Burnout Revenge specs.
Old 02-16-06, 08:22 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

I'll probably try it up through Gamefly next week. I'm not holding my breath.
Old 02-16-06, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Vryce
Darn you Martin. You're making me want the game again.

Maybe I'll just rent it this weekend to play it a bit.

I was more intrigued after reading the Burnout Revenge specs.
Sorry buddy, I'm just telling it like it is. This game may be one of those love it or hate it type games, I'm on the loving it side; but I have yet to play online. I think you should definitely pick it up over the weekend on a rental if you can we can blow some shit up on live
Old 02-16-06, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

How does it last? Meaning did you play it a short while or a marathon? Just seems after about an hour it would get tiresome.

Thanks for the feedback I might go pick it up now.
Old 02-16-06, 10:09 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'll be trying it out today after work.
Old 02-16-06, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
How does it last? Meaning did you play it a short while or a marathon? Just seems after about an hour it would get tiresome.

Thanks for the feedback I might go pick it up now.
Michael I played it for about two hours last night but I only quit cause I needed to go to bed. I'm at work now and I'm dying to play it online, if that answers your question.

if you want to see how people feel about the game go look at the xbox.com forum for full auto. Basically you'll see that the people who own the game or have played it love it. And the people who have only played the demo or don't own the game are talking major shit about it. Go figure It really is a ton of fun.
Old 02-16-06, 10:15 AM

Damn it, Martin. If I buy this game and it sucks, I'm gonna be pissed. And, it'll be your fault.

Those thinking about buying this and Burnout Revenge 360, would you get both? Which way are you leaning?
Old 02-16-06, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by aerobson
Damn it, Martin. If I buy this game and it sucks, I'm gonna be pissed. And, it'll be your fault.

Those thinking about buying this and Burnout Revenge 360, would you get both? Which way are you leaning?

Come on now, Czar. Look at the reviews! You know it's going to suck. That being said, I am thinking about getting Burnout even though I didn't like Burount 3 just because the online portion sounds so cool (rivalries should be fun).
Old 02-16-06, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by aerobson

Burnout Revenge 360 is preordered and paid for so yeah I'm getting both. You have no one to be pissed at but yourself Czar because if you don't like it that just means you don't like to have fun, you don't want to be known as a guy that doesn't like to have fun right? Well then STFU and sell me your 52" DLP

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.