Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Any news on a Love Monkey soundtrack?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-06, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Man, I enjoy the show, and I definately enjoy the music of "Wayne." Anyone know anything?
Old 02-09-06, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
Man, I enjoy the show, and I definately enjoy the music of "Wayne." Anyone know anything?
Why not just buy Teddy Geiger's album?
Old 02-09-06, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk God

I may end up doing that.
Old 02-09-06, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems that disc should really be coming out this next Tuesday to capitalize on any buzz this show has. It doesn't really sound like Love Monkey is going to be around by the time 03-21 rolls around and his CD is released.
Old 02-09-06, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Chew
It seems that disc should really be coming out this next Tuesday to capitalize on any buzz this show has. It doesn't really sound like Love Monkey is going to be around by the time 03-21 rolls around and his CD is released.
I think that CBS will stick with this one for awhile. It's up against the most popular L&O and Boston Legal. Might be too small for it's timeslot, but it deserves to find its audience.
Old 02-09-06, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The weekly episode thread has a post saying it's being shelved for March to be replaced by Amazing Race with no word of a return date. Which is never good news for a new show.
Old 02-09-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk God

If anyone is interested, it is available for pre-order on the sony music site with a free autographed poster of Teddy. He's dreamy
Old 02-09-06, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Chew
The weekly episode thread has a post saying it's being shelved for March to be replaced by Amazing Race with no word of a return date. Which is never good news for a new show.
It's always been a planned hiatus.
Old 02-11-06, 02:07 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show has been cancelled
Old 02-12-06, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

CBS Breaks Up with 'Love Monkey'

Friday, February 10, 2006
11:00 AM PT

We're not sure if CBS gave "Love Monkey" the It's-not-you-it's-me speech, but we do know that just a few days before Valentine's Day, the network has broken things off with the show.
After just three episodes, none of which brought very strong ratings, "Love Monkey" has been pulled from the schedule. CBS is officially saying the dramedy is "on hiatus," but the network currently has no plans for its return.

Although it drew largely positive reviews, the show, based on a book of the same name by Kyle Smith, struggled to find an audience against the likes of "Law & Order: SVU" and "Boston Legal" on Tuesday nights. It debuted to about 8.6 million viewers on Jan. 17 but fell off in each of its subsequent two airings, dropping to a low of 6.2 million this week.

"Love Monkey" starred Tom Cavanagh ("Ed") as a record-company executive trying to figure out just what it was he wanted in a relationship. Aiding him on his quest were friends played by Jason Priestley, Judy Greer -- the obligatory great girl right under his nose -- Larenz Tate and Chris Wiehl.
CBS will air repeats of "NCIS" and "CSI" in the 10 p.m. Tuesday slot for the next two weeks. "The Amazing Race" returns the following week with a two-hour debut and will air at 10 p.m. for the remainder of the season.
----------------------------

Absolutely ridiculous. CBS wasn't going to make inroads against that competiting. 6.2 million viewers is now considered a failure?

This show deserved a better shot. It would be great if a smaller network picked it up.

As my wife would say though, no one is hurt more by this than Teddy Geiger.
Old 02-13-06, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a great show Love Monkey is. Its a shame if it's been cancelled. There's getting to be less and less good programming on the networks, and every time something is good, it's killed.
Old 02-15-06, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

sorry sonny but the show sucked... i watched it for like 20 minutes and i got bored fast
Old 02-15-06, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706
sorry sonny but the show sucked... i watched it for like 20 minutes and i got bored fast
No offense, raven, but this is a threadcrap, pure and simple. Your tastes are well noted in TV Talk. The shows you are most fond of seem to be reality shows catering to folks with shorter attention span, and have hot chicks in them (The Gauntlet, wrestling, Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Surreal Life, etc.).

I'm curious if you like a show like House or are bored by it.

I'm only aware of one one-hour "drama" show that you follow. Apparently Smallville seems to have enough "high school girls" to keep your attention.

Love Monkey had what I like (the clever writing style and the interaction of an ensemble cast) about the Gilmore Girls (curious to hear what you think about that one too, raven), though without the extremely quirky characters and the angst, and Entourage. Though I only saw the last episode (the video shoot), so maybe the other eps. weren't the same.

But, back on topic... I really don't think they're gonna pull much "buzz" for a cd release anymore...

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 02-15-06 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-15-06, 11:53 AM
Mod Emeritus

Let's leave this thread for the music-related part of the discussion and leave any TV stuff for the dedicated forum in which it rightfully belongs.

PS) raven56706.... cut it out.

Old 02-15-06, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've gone from not wanting at all to hear Teddy's album to now really wanting to hear it. Must be wanting what you can't have