Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

He-Man Season One, Volume Two Early at FYE

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-06, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
He-Man Season One, Volume Two Early at FYE

I was at FYE last night and I found He-Man: Season One, Volume Two out a week early. It was way too expensive though, it was $49.99. So I didn't buy it. BestBuy.com has it listed as $29.99 so I guess I'm going to wait until release date.

Just a heads up
Old 02-07-06, 01:56 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I almost did that when we first got them in because they look so much like Volume 1, especially from the sides where its just a portion of the castle. But I noticed the bright pink/purple and knew it was volume 2.
Old 02-07-06, 03:16 PM

I want vol 2 bad, but not for that price! I have already watched vol 1 twice already. Can't wait for next Tuesday.
Old 02-07-06, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Very YMMV. I received this in shipment yesterday, with no notice of a street date attached. I'm sure everybody else did as well, but some didn't catch it.

Head back on Friday, that's when the new release pricing get's downloaded into the system.
Old 02-07-06, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
I had forgotten these were even coming out. I just went and added them to my Netflix queue. Just to make sure I still liked them before shelling out the money to pick them up. That's happened a bit too much lately, as my interests have been changing.
Old 02-07-06, 10:54 PM

I liked the He-Man cartoons when I was a kid and still like them today just as much. Even today I can watch He-Man, Justice League (old 80's one) and G.I. Joe cartoons.
Old 02-08-06, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
Head back on Friday, that's when the new release pricing get's downloaded into the system.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind!

They also had Grounded for Life out a day early it said $39.99 but the price rang up as $26.99.
Old 02-08-06, 07:32 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Wow, sounded like that store has some problems if they've got multiple titles out before release date. Sunday we sold a copy of just like heaven b/c someone reached around the counter and picked up a copy that was up front for stickering and sale pricing, and the guy didn't know b/c all he does is go fool w/ the video games when working register and someone has to tell him to go ring up the person standing at the register. He wouldn't know if he sold a NR before it came out. Coulda sold every movie still the theaters now and wouldn't realize it because he's so oblivious to anything except video games. Anyway, if you were really treated poorly by people in that store, you'd have every reason to copy your receipt and send it to the studios for breaking street date. Some stores who do that don't get NR in till after a week it came out for breaking street dates.
Old 02-08-06, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by jaschiero
Wow, sounded like that store has some problems if they've got multiple titles out before release date. Sunday we sold a copy of just like heaven b/c someone reached around the counter and picked up a copy that was up front for stickering and sale pricing, and the guy didn't know b/c all he does is go fool w/ the video games when working register and someone has to tell him to go ring up the person standing at the register. He wouldn't know if he sold a NR before it came out. Coulda sold every movie still the theaters now and wouldn't realize it because he's so oblivious to anything except video games. Anyway, if you were really treated poorly by people in that store, you'd have every reason to copy your receipt and send it to the studios for breaking street date. Some stores who do that don't get NR in till after a week it came out for breaking street dates.

Huh?
Old 02-08-06, 01:30 PM

I would never report them, unless they put something out early then told me I couldn't buy it. That would upset me. I don't care when stores put stuff out early, I like it actually. This particular FYE puts stuff out early a lot, mostly catalog titles or box sets / TV shows.
Old 02-11-06, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Saw this today at FYE, but saw in the Best Buy flyer that it will be on sale for 24.99, so that's where I will be buying from!