Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Will Best Buy Price Match?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Will Best Buy Price Match?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-06, 12:29 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Best Buy price match this DVD?

I'm not sure.

I want the Batman Begins 2 disc Deluxe Edition, its only available around here at Best Buy for $22.99. Circuit City has it online for $19.99 but they don't have it in stock, the webpage says its not available for in store pickup order, so I don't know if BB will price match. I've read their price match gurantee but can't tell. Anyone know?

Last edited by jaschiero; 02-07-06 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-07-06, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
If you don't have an ad, and can't prove that CC has it for a cheaper price (besides the website, which they won't PM) I think you're out of luck.
Old 02-07-06, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They're not going to pricematch something that's out of stock. And certainly not an online price.

This is supposed to be receiving a price drop on 2/14. I would just wait.
Old 02-07-06, 09:24 PM

Best Buy will also not price match if the competitor's ad says "Limit 1 Per Customer" or such.

When I asked why they wouldn't match "Limit" ads, they just told me that is in their "Big Rule Book."

The bottom line is that BB really does not want to price match at all, although it is their policy to price match.
Old 02-07-06, 09:46 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Thanks. I didn't think they would since it wasn't available for in store picked up, otherwise (to me) it would have been the same as price matching the two B&M stores. I'll wait for the price drop 2/14.

In regards to that, does anyone know if they are producing another set of it for the price drop? I would purchase it at FYE where I work, but we haven't had it in since it was first released and the other employess snagged up the 4 copies of it we got in. When I look it up in our computer, there are two listings for the exact same DVD- the Deluxe 2 disc SE, same prices, same release dates, but two different sku's. When I 've tried to order them (through BAker & Taylor) one sku has been out of stock and no backorders from the company, and the other one is described as BB deluxe preorder for an unknown future date. No clue what's going on. Anyway, could have bought it elsewhere but thought I'd wait till we got it and save money w/ employee discount, but this is running 4 months and will just get it elsewhere.
Old 02-08-06, 02:46 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Generally, BB would only PM if the item is in stock with a local competitor and you can produce the current ad showing the lower price.