Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

V For Vendetta

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-06, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V For Vendetta

Did anyone get the chance to the trailer during the Super Bowl? What did you think? I have read a little about it and the buzz looks good on it.
Old 02-06-06, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452077 - Vendetta discussion

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454511 - Superbowl trailers discussion
Old 02-06-06, 04:32 PM
Banned

this movie is gonna be great, to bad they had to change the ending.
Old 02-06-06, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Janus3
this movie is gonna be great, to bad they had to change the ending.
I think the ending they went with worked wonderfully in the film.

-JP
Old 02-07-06, 03:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
I think the ending they went with worked wonderfully in the film.

-JP
not saying it won't be, but the original idea of the ending is better than the one they changed it to imo. the original ending left you feeling satisfied that their will be changes, i've not seen the movie, but it seems like this ending was just put in for a) more action and/or b) to make sure you understand the ending. i personally would prefer the original but i know i'll enjoy the the movie and the ending doesn't bother me, just not the preferred one.
Old 02-07-06, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Hey Fink...ya ever notice when you refer people to the original thread, they keep talking about it in the dupe thread anyway?
Old 02-07-06, 05:40 PM

not saying it won't be, but the original idea of the ending is better than the one they changed it to imo. the original ending left you feeling satisfied that their will be changes, i've not seen the movie, but it seems like this ending was just put in for a) more action and/or b) to make sure you understand the ending. i personally would prefer the original but i know i'll enjoy the the movie and the ending doesn't bother me, just not the preferred one.
I've only seen the film, never read any of the original source material, so I'll have to take your word on it.

-JP
Old 02-07-06, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
Hey Fink...ya ever notice when you refer people to the original thread, they keep talking about it in the dupe thread anyway?
Yeah, it never works. People don't know they can delete the thread themselves. Oh well.
Old 02-08-06, 04:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
I've only seen the film, never read any of the original source material, so I'll have to take your word on it.

-JP

if you're at all interested and have no intention of reading the book, i'll be more than happy to tell you the ending and see if what you'd think be the better.

Spoiler:
in the book, v is killed by a guy (can't remember his name) it was the guy who went to the concentration camp and the lover of the one the girls that could recognize him whom he killed. as v is dieing he talks to evey and gives his farewell. then she thinks about taking off his mask, but doesn't, she finally understand that what's under the mask isn't impotant, it's what the mask symbolizes that's important. the same night there is an assembly in support of v. the police aren't worried because they've heard news that v is dead and they know once he doesn't show up the crowd will leave. at midnight the crowd hears big ben chime and teh policeman states "ahh, the sond of big ben, isn't she lovely" and the other responds, "yes...wait, big ben was blown up years ago, that coming from the speakers" the crowd looks up and their is v (but we know it's evey) and he/she gives a speech, and the crowd revolts against the police. she then finds a protege the way she was found."

i'd like your opnion on the two if you took time to read it.
Old 02-08-06, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
How di NBT see the movie so early?
Old 02-08-06, 01:26 PM

if you're at all interested and have no intention of reading the book, i'll be more than happy to tell you the ending and see if what you'd think be the better.

Spoiler:
in the book, v is killed by a guy (can't remember his name) it was the guy who went to the concentration camp and the lover of the one the girls that could recognize him whom he killed. as v is dieing he talks to evey and gives his farewell. then she thinks about taking off his mask, but doesn't, she finally understand that what's under the mask isn't impotant, it's what the mask symbolizes that's important. the same night there is an assembly in support of v. the police aren't worried because they've heard news that v is dead and they know once he doesn't show up the crowd will leave. at midnight the crowd hears big ben chime and teh policeman states "ahh, the sond of big ben, isn't she lovely" and the other responds, "yes...wait, big ben was blown up years ago, that coming from the speakers" the crowd looks up and their is v (but we know it's evey) and he/she gives a speech, and the crowd revolts against the police. she then finds a protege the way she was found."

i'd like your opnion on the two if you took time to read it.
I personally prefer the film's ending.
Spoiler:
You still get the bit with Evey being tempted to look under the mask, but realizing that it's not the mask that's important. In the end, the symbolism of the mask still comes into play, but doesn't manifest itself as Evey 'becoming' V. Rather, the entire mob marches as V.
I like both endings, and I think either could work in the film. Personally, though, I prefer the one that we get. Perhaps that's just because it was the first ending I was exposed to (just as the ending in the graphic novel was the first that you were exposed to).

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
How di NBT see the movie so early?
Advanced screening a couple of months ago.

-JP
Old 02-08-06, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So... was it good?
Old 02-08-06, 02:53 PM
Banned

thanks NBT.
Old 02-08-06, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
So... was it good?
Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was the last movie that we saw in a 24-hour film festival, though, so I was pretty out of it by the time we finally got to it. That, and I was expecting Superman (we were told early on that the last film was one with only one print in existence, that the print had just been finished up a couple of days prior, and that it was being flown in on a 22-hour flight for the screening...all of which could've been describing either Superman or Vendetta). At the time, I didn't even know that Vendetta had a completed print, so I kinda prepped myself for the wrong film and got into the wrong sleep-deprived mindstate.

So, while I enjoyed it, I still can't wait to revisit it in March.

-JP
Old 02-08-06, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Out of curiousity, if some weirdos were to get ahold of V masks and start commiting acts of vandalism and posting anti-government fliers in the coming weeks, would that jeopardize the film's release again? I don't see such an event happening, but I do see some people getting up in arms about the movie being about a terrorist, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get another delay.
Old 02-08-06, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Out of curiousity, if some weirdos were to get ahold of V masks and start commiting acts of vandalism and posting anti-government fliers in the coming weeks, would that jeopardize the film's release again? I don't see such an event happening, but I do see some people getting up in arms about the movie being about a terrorist, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get another delay.
I have my weekend plans now. Thanks!
Old 02-09-06, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by FinkPish
I have my weekend plans now. Thanks!
Remember, you got the idea from the movie/comic, not me!