Reload this Page >

New $1 Double Feature DVDs at Family Dollar

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 02-03-06, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi folks! I was just at my local Family Dollar, and they had racks and racks full of new Brentwood double feature DVDs (with the Family Dollar logo on the cover) in thin cases. I don't remember all the many, many titles, but since I'm a horror film buff, I do remember these. . .

Several BELA LUGOSI double features (these may be individual DVD releases from Brentwood's BELA LUGOSI 10 Movie Set from a little while ago). Each volume had 2 Lugosi films and 2 episodes of THE PHANTOM CREEPS.

A Vincent Price / Lon Chaney Jr. Double Feature - the Price film was called SHOCK.

Night of the Living Dead / House on Haunted Hill

A Christmas double feature - one of the films was Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

Abbott & Costello double feature - Africa Screams / Jack & the Beanstalk

Several "Comedy" double features with films from Laurel & Hardy, W.C. Fields, etc.

There were also several "Sci-Fi" double features - but I don't remember the individual titles.

In addition, they also had copies of older double features I've seen before and those 8 - 10 episode single disc collections of The Lucy Show, Burns & Allen, Ozzie & Harriet, Andy Griffith Show, etc. that have been discussed before on this forum.

For $1, I find that these discs from Brentwood tend to have acceptable public domain prints. They're not high quality, but they tend to be better than the other cheapie public domain companies out there.

I hope this all helps someone.