Smallville -- "Vengeance" -- 02/02/06

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-06, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Smallville -- "Vengeance" -- 02/02/06

"Vengeance"
Spoiler:
Clark discovers the new reporter at the Daily Planet, a bumbling woman named Maya (Denise Quiñones), is actually a masked avenger who fights crime at night.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Erica Durance, Denise Quinones .
Director(s): Jeannot Swarc.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Alfredo Septien, Turi Meyer.

Original Airdate: February 2, 2006.
Old 02-02-06, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
We all know that Clark's wardrobe consists of red & blue..... and we've seen hints of other costume elements (glasses & cape)...

...so when are we going to see Lex in purple?

Old 02-02-06, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
man i'm such a lil bitch when it comes to sad stuff in movies/tv.
Old 02-02-06, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If anyone cares, Andrea is played by Denise Quinones, a former Miss Universe (hails from Puerto Rico).
Old 02-02-06, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot, but she can't act.

It seems as if the writers want to make a good show, but they just can't seem to get it right. It makes me wonder if Welling, etc, would be better actors if they had better material. However, the last 3 minutes or so were very sad.
Old 02-02-06, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It makes me wonder if Welling, etc, would be better actors if they had better material.
Welling has improved by leaps and bounds over the course of this show, especially since season 1 and 2.
Old 02-02-06, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho

Lex Luthor, evil uni-brow villian!
Old 02-02-06, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Denise wasn't that bad, I've seen a lot worse.
Old 02-02-06, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh man, that ending may have gotten me interested in this show again.
Old 02-02-06, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Hot, but she can't act.
That doesn't really matter does it? Look at Jessica Alba. As hot as they come but has as much talent as those chicks in those B level skinaMax movies.

I missed tonight's episode. I've pretty much decided to just not watch and catch up on dvd.

Is
Spoiler:
James Marsters
still on the show?

Last edited by Amel; 02-02-06 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-02-06, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by Amel
Is James Marsters still on the show?
He'll be back later in the season.
Old 02-02-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Not that I care, but you might wanna spoiler that Matt. You might not also wanna mention that he's
Spoiler:
Braniac
too.

Oh, and how bout the Acuvue commercial? I totally forgot about it until I saw the trailer for the Chrysler....err...Firewall flick.
Old 02-02-06, 10:02 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by GuessWho
We all know that Clark's wardrobe consists of red & blue..... and we've seen hints of other costume elements (glasses & cape)...

...so when are we going to see Lex in purple?

I believe he was wearing a purple shirt in the Aquaman episode.
Old 02-02-06, 10:04 PM
Suspended

I can't deny it, the ending brought tears to my eyes. That was more sad than the funeral for some reason.
Old 02-02-06, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wonder what Denise would look like in a Wonder Woman outfit...
Old 02-02-06, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
I'm here in Cali so it's still on.

Who's the hero chick supposed to be?

Sorry about the spoiler. I figured West coasters would still be watching...

Last edited by Giantrobo; 02-02-06 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-02-06, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did Jonathan wear that watch in his ass or something?

The episode would have been good if that girl could act. She was horrible and the most distracting accent. She spoke very deliberately like she was trying to not sound like she had an accent. Reminded me of the chick in High Fidelity (which is the one thing I do not like about that movie.)
Old 02-02-06, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Missed the show - 1st time in a long time.

Can someone give me a recap.

Thanks.
Old 02-02-06, 11:41 PM
Suspended

Hot, but she can't act.
She is sooooooo hot though! And those glasses, hot damn.

Episode was boring.
Old 02-03-06, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
I didn't think the episode was as bad as I was assuming from the ads - but once again, Clark is flaunting his powers all over. It seems like by the time he finally becomes Superman everyone will just say "Look! Up in the sky .. oh, it's Clark".

The ending was touching.. I imagine anyone who has lost a parent would relate ...
Old 02-03-06, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Going through the motinons. Clark lost his Father so he's hurting and brooding and...shutting Lana out...Again! Ho Hum.

Martha goes down to donate Jonathon's clothes in the middle of night down a dark alley? Am I too assume that Marth will be the one that gets beat up all the time since Jonathon is dead?
Superhero girl was dumb. Meteor rock Heart transplant?
How many more scenes do we need of Lex and Lionel trading insults?
And...Clark used his powers right in front of Lionel???

Horribly written episode.If this is the new direction the show is going in after the Big death last week, this show is in trouble.
Sounds like they Danny Elfman Batman theme being used most of the episode.
Old 02-03-06, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So Clark quit school so he can now take over all the work on the farm. Who was going to do the farm work when Jonathan became a senator? Who was doing it while he campaigned?
Old 02-03-06, 02:00 AM
Banned

When they had the reveal of who Heart Transplant Girl was, did the music sound exactly like Danny Elfman's Batman theme?
Old 02-03-06, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Dude, anytime she was on the screen in costume they seemed to swipe the Batman theme..
Old 02-03-06, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,100 Likes on 796 Posts
Missed the show - 1st time in a long time.
Can someone give me a recap.
Here ya go Iron Giant--

Even though Jonathan is still warm in his grave, Mama Kent decides to box up his old clothes and take them to the Metropolis Goodwill. Before she goes, she offers an angry and brooding Clark his father's wristwatch, but he doesn't take it.

In Metropolis, Martha is dropping off the clothes... in a dark alley... in the worst part of town... in the middle of the night, when she's mugged by a guy with a tattoo of a snake on his face (but it's not John Candy).
A masked super-woman, clad in leather and fetish boots, swoops in to save Martha's life, but the watch is stolen.

Clark is quickly in the bowels of The Daily Planet. He wants Chloe's help finding the watch. She wants to get the scoop on the superpowered femme-vigilante. Enter clumsy, bespeckled reporter Andrea.

Yada, yada. Clark and Andrea engage in a little super-chase, and meet on a rooftop. They exchange the "We both have superpowers" niceties. (She got her's via a heart transplant from a donor killed in the latest meteor shower.) And they set off to dispense some Justice and retrieve the watch.
Turns out Snake-Face is also the thug who murdered Andrea's saintly mother, and it turns out he did the killing on orders from one Lionel Luthor.

Speaking of Lionel Luthor he trying to take over LutherCorp, but Lex knows about Lionel's fight with Jonathan Kent right before JK kicked it, and thusly Lex blackmails his father out of the takeover scheme.

Anyways, when Andrea finds out that Lionel Luther ordered the hit on her mother, she heads off to get a little "eye for an eye" action.
Clark shows up and tries to stop her because he's decided that Justice is not vigilante killing.

Clark saves Lionel, and reveals his superpowers to Lionel in the process, but I'm not sure we're supposed to think about that, and Andrea escapes.
The next day at The Daily Planet, Andrea has disappeared. (Never to be seen again?)
She has given Clark a lot of good ideas about working as a reporter and wearing glasses as a disguise, but it remains to be seen how he feels about the leather fetish gear. Also Clark reveals to Chloe that if he ever does decide to be a crime-fighter, he won't be killing evildoers, cause that ain't how his daddy raised him.

In the end, Lionel shows up at the farm to congratulate Martha on being offered her dead husband's Senate seat. (And put the moves on her... yuck!)
Lana finds the watch in a pawnshop --Yes, the watch! That all so important watch that we never saw Jonathan wear or mention-- and gives it to Clark.

Then Clark and his mom watch an old video of Jonathan riding on the tractor his young son, and it's actually very touching.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.