Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Breakfast at Tiffany's Anniversary Edition, Audrey Hepburn Collection?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a new edition of the Audrey Hepburn Collection being released containing the Anniversary Edition of Breakfast at Tiffany's along with the existing versions of Sabrina (1954) and Roman Holiday?

The reason I ask is that Suncoast has the Audrey Hepburn Collection listed as a preorder for Feb. 7th for $29.99 and it also says "Special Edition" in the title:
http://www.suncoast.com/Movies/BoxS...id=PRT048462DVD

Then the previous Audrey Hepburn Collection is listed separately here:
http://www.suncoast.com/Movies/BoxS...id=PRT062004DVD

The Anniversary Edition of Breakfast at Tiffany's also comes out on Feb. 7th.

I would like to buy the whole collection, but if I do I want the new Anniversary Edition of Breakfast at Tiffany's. Not surprisingly, the people at Suncoast have no idea which version it will contain, and I daresay when it comes in the store next week they will probably still have no clue unless it says "Anniversary Edition" on the package.

Given that Amazon has only the old listing of the Audrey Hepburn Collection, I'm guessing that this is an error at Suncoast where they are calling an existing DVD set a new release. Strangely it shows up on their upcoming preorder list.

If anyone knows the scoop on all this, please tell me. Thanks.

(Considering Suncoast just closed all but 2 stores in my area under their Chapter 11 agreement, I'm trying to hurry up and use a bunch of gift cards I have before they go under. Of course they tell me that the remaining stores are not in any danger for a while, but I'm still worried.)
Old 02-02-06, 05:12 AM

This preorder listing at DVDEmpire seems to confirm it's a re-release with the new edition of Breakfast at Tiffany's. It also has a higher SRP than the previous collection that seems to back up that fact. http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...item_id=769614
Old 02-02-06, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think I kinda liked it...
Old 02-02-06, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Kim Olav Svines
This preorder listing at DVDEmpire seems to confirm it's a re-release with the new edition of Breakfast at Tiffany's. It also has a higher SRP than the previous collection that seems to back up that fact.
Thanks. I forgot to look at DVD Empire this time. I'll have to take the UPC of the new set with me to make sure they don't try to give me the old one. It's supposed to be $29.99 at Suncoast, and I'm trying to use up gift cards.