Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Tower.com problem. any sugestions?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-06, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I ordered this CD box set of Paco de Lucia which contains 26* CDs in jewel cases and 2 booklets all encased in a huge booklet/cabinet type thing. Not so great picture here:
http://www.esflamenco.com/img/portad...s/59565920.jpg
Is not a great picture but you can get the feel of it. Anyway, I received it today and the part to the left that holds the CDs was totally undone and the glued had come off the part that holds about 14 cds or so. 7 on each side of the left and about the same on the other side. I figured this wasn't so bad but still I was upset at the condition it arrived especially after spending 161$. then i'm looking through the CDs and the case (really a slim cardboard box that is supposed to hold the 26th CD a bonus is not there. Now i'm mad. the so called bonus CD is not there (here's the tower site)
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2984251

So I call tower records and they offer me to either send me a return label or for me to return it and they will refund me up to $5 in postage. I said five bucks wouldn't cover it since it is 25 CDs in a huge case with two books and the cds do have booklets. so I take the option of them sending me a return label. Now they won't send me a new one untill they receive this one. But obviously i wasn't thinking too much about it so I said, 'Fine'. Now after I think about it for an hour or two. I find it ridicolous that they won't send me another one and a return label and I have to wait until they decide to send the label, for me to return it, them to get it and then have them send another one. I find this totally unjust since I already paid for this and I have to just wait. I called them a second time to see if they would send another one and the guy that answered was like "well, I don't see the guy that said he would send you the return label so i have to see if he send it". This after i tried to get them to give me a time frame as to how long I would have to wait for the return label to even get here. This is so madening. They have sent another item in the past (2 years ago i received a 2 disc sets with 2 discs being the same) and other people such as amazon.com do this. So I have to wait minimum a week or more now before I can even enjoy my CDs and not counting any possible problems the other may have. Hopefully not.

Am I expecting too much? the glue thing was dissapointing but would have been at least somewhat bearable but not a whole CD missing. Is there anything I can do to get a faster action on this?
Old 01-31-06, 09:49 PM

If you have a local store, they will accept returns even from online -- I have done in before with a $60 item that looked "used" and was supposed to be new. They accepted it back no questions, no hassles and no problems.

If no local store then you will have to send it back if you want to get it replaced.
Old 02-01-06, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't know if there are any Tower locations in PR. Same you don't live in Philly.... plenty of locations to choose from....on Roosevelt Blvd, South St, King Of Prussia just to name a few.
Old 02-01-06, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm in Philly. I'm originally from PR but I've been in Philly for a number of years since I came to school down here. I called the south st one and the one on Broad St since they are the closest to me but non of them have it in their system let alone the store. I'll just have to wait till I receive it return label and wait for them to receive it and then wait for them to set out a new one. This thing is really heavy. Just Imagine the weight of 25 CDs. I just hope that the next one comes in better shape. Thanks
Old 02-01-06, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Call the KOP store or the one on Roosevelt Blvd. The one on the Blvd is quite a large store, like the South Street one.

When I saw your location, I took it as Philly Originally, currently Puerto Rico.
Old 02-01-06, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah, never thought about that. thanks.
Old 02-01-06, 07:51 PM

It doesn't hurt to try, but I seriously doubt the KofP store will have it. They seriously downsized that one. Much smaller now.

I was just there on yesterday to pick up some Proper UK jazz boxes.