Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Where is Eddie Murphy's Delirious on DVD? (merged)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Where is Eddie Murphy's Delirious on DVD? (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-06, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is Eddie Murphy's Delirious on DVD?

I have an old audio tape of his Delirious act and played it for my girlfriend. She was just rolling on the floor. Why hasn't this great comedic act been put on DVD? They would make a KILLING on the revenue because I know several people myself who would buy it in a heartbeat.

Is it too controversial? Are we too politically incorrect that we have to shield ourselves from it?

Any news or reasoning to why this hasn't been released?

Oh, by the way, GooneyGooGoo!!
Old 01-27-06, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's a Paramount title, that is why. Paramount often stinks at getting their catalogue titles out to DVD. Murphys Raw came out in 2004, so that took awhile to come out.
Old 01-27-06, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Plus now that Murphy is "mr family friendly star", there is a theory it's Eddie who doesn't want the title out, remember Paramount released it on video and LD, but it is actually a HBO special produced by Murphy, so Paramount may not even have rights to this anymore.
Old 01-27-06, 02:38 PM

This is a MUST.

"Oh Lawd Oh Jesus MY SHOE Oh Lawd..."
Old 01-27-06, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 185 Posts
Would pick this up. I have RAW which isn't nearly as funny.
Old 01-27-06, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still have the vhs release from 1997 which had a different color box, which it was on before. Thank god for a vcr
Old 01-27-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"I have RAW which isn't nearly as funny."

Yea, I know. Once the girlfriend finished listening to the audio tape she says "Is it on DVD?" And of course I remembered seeing Raw at Target which suprised me as I knew of his comic routine back then. So I go and pick it up at Target. Boy, was I disappointed. It's not even close to being as funny as Delirious is. Oh well. I have the tape and I guess I'll have to be happy with that. Actually, I'm not happy with that, I'll find it by other means.

But thanks for answering my ?
Old 01-27-06, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

GI Joe was swimmin' on the water...

Raw sucks. I quoted this show at dinner last night and my fiancee's two uncles never saw it. Too bad it's not on DVD.
Old 01-27-06, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I saw Delirious at a fairly young age so it definitely helped shape my sense of humor. I'd LOVE to see this get released.
Old 01-27-06, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 185 Posts
I don't think that RAW is awful. Just not nearly as good as Delirious.
Old 01-27-06, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
I don't think that RAW is awful. Just not nearly as good as Delirious.
Very true.

I'm still annoyed delirious hasn't been released. I'm laughing out loud just running a few lines through my mind. I love when he describes the family bbq/cookout.....maybe because i have a uncle gus, a father who let's people know his true feelings after a few and a dog named koko.
Old 01-27-06, 08:23 PM

Will there Ever be a Eddie Murphy Delirious/Raw DVD???

Eddie Murphy - Raw/Delirious - DVD release ever?

Eddie Murphy Delirious & Raw DVD

eddie murphy delerious ever out on DVD?
Old 01-27-06, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
Would pick this up. I have RAW which isn't nearly as funny.
Yeah, Raw was less a comedy show and more an exercise in standing in front of an audience and cursing as much as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with swearing... but at least make it funny.

I remember a long time ago we were on a road trip to Pittsburgh (from Michigan) and part of the journey consisted of me and one of the other passengers reciting "The Cookout" verbatim. That whole series, from the cookout to Aunt Bunny falling down the steps to Vernon bitching about her being a Bigfoot... easily in the top 10 comedic bits ever.
Old 01-27-06, 10:52 PM

was this album ever filmed, or avalible in audio only?
Old 01-27-06, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought Eddie had some rights to it, and doesn't want to release it because of his now kid-friendly persona? If Paramount still had rights, why the fuck would the release Raw and not Delirious? Huh Moolie?
Old 01-27-06, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Probably because of all the gay jokes. That is probably what would be considered the most offensive portion today. All the gay and AIDS jokes. It is kind of hard to hear the AIDS bit. Shows how ignorant we all were at the time.
Old 01-28-06, 05:34 PM
Banned

We live in times where hollywood is trying to push the gay life style as mainstreem to a young generation.
So they are not going to release something that will push it back.
Old 01-28-06, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I originally bought "Raw" at Blockbuster for $12.99 in 2004. When that was released, I thought that would have been a great release date for "Delirious" as well. However, apparently the powers that be for now, will not let that happen.
Old 01-28-06, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wm lopez
We live in times where hollywood is trying to push the gay life style as mainstreem to a young generation.
So they are not going to release something that will push it back.
Please tell me how Hollywood is "pushing" this as "mainstream" to a "young generation."

Or are you just yet another homophobe that screams this garbage because you believe that you are the only person in the world that matters, and everything that doesn't run with your beliefs is "pushing" a life style?
Old 01-28-06, 07:14 PM

I think that some might find the humor insensitive, but it was the humor of the time. To be honest, I think the funniest parts have nothing to do with homsexuality (aside from the Mr. T and Honeymooners stuff).

It is not part of any "agenda" though. That is silly. The gay lifestyle is mainstream to anyone that is gay. As long as they aren't begging you for sex, then what's the big deal? Grow up.
Old 01-29-06, 12:47 PM
Banned

I believe people can be born gay like Katie Lang, but when you get entertainment that says it's o.k. to explore sex with your same sex that's what get's me upset.
And the same can be said of drugs in movies in the late 1970's that it's o.k. to try.
It's hard enough to raise kids without having to worry that your kid's entertainment is pushing a message.
Old 01-29-06, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
"Repost Police" strikes again!
Old 01-29-06, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

C'mon somebody in Hollywood release this already on DVD.
Old 01-29-06, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I believe people can be born gay like Katie Lang, but when you get entertainment that says it's o.k. to explore sex with your same sex that's what get's me upset.
And the same can be said of drugs in movies in the late 1970's that it's o.k. to try.
It's hard enough to raise kids without having to worry that your kid's entertainment is pushing a message.
Give it a rest. If that whole "entertainment pushing a message" crap was true, then there would be a lot more people doing it. People like you just don't want to admit that you were a shitty parent when your kid does something wrong.

I've listened to heavy metal most of my life. The religious reich told my mother it was bad.
I was raised in a single parent household. The religious reich told my mother it was bad.
I've played Dungeons and Dragons since it first came out when I was 6 years old. The religious reich told my mother it was bad.
When I was in my early teens, I loved watching movies like Dawn of the Dead. The religious reich told my mother it was bad.

Guess what? I've never done drugs. I've never smoked. I've only socially drank, and can count the number of drinks I have in a year on one hand. I've never tried to kill anyone. I've never had a problem mistaking fantasy from reality.

Do you know why? Because, despite working over 40 hours a week, my mother took the time to raise me right.

If your kid has a problem with these "messages," then your kid had problems to begin with and/or you're just a bad parent.

By the way, you still didn't answer my question. That tells me that you're just spouting BS and you know it.
Old 01-29-06, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's k.d. lang, not Katie.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.