TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The O.C. - 01/26/06

Old 01-26-06, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
The O.C. - 01/26/06

"The Pot Stirrer" Episode #313.

Spoiler:
While Marissa does all she can to get to know her sister, Kaitlin just stirs up trouble for the gang as she prepares to celebrate her birthday.

Cast: Peter Gallagher, Benjamin McKenzie, Kelly Rowan, Adam Brody, Mischa Barton, Rachel Bilson, Melinda Clarke, Willa Holland, Ryan Donowho, Michael Nouri, Jeffrey Hephner, Robert Picardo, Andrea Pearson.
Producer(s): Josh Schwartz, Doug Liman, McG, Dave Bartis, Bob DeLaurentis.

Original Airdate: January 26, 2006.

The O.C.
Old 01-26-06, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really liked last week's episode. I hope that wasn't just a fluke.
Old 01-26-06, 08:57 PM

For next week....

Spoiler:
please let Johnny kill himself!
Old 01-26-06, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by monkey42
For next week....
Spoiler:
please let Johnny kill himself!
Old 01-27-06, 12:32 AM

I thought the whole Seth smoking weed thing was pretty weird and out of character as they haven't even shown him drink since season 1 I don't think.
Old 01-27-06, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,073 Likes on 773 Posts
Willa Holland (Caitlin) talks funny. What's up with hwr voice?
Old 01-27-06, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
A poor attempt to sound soultry.
Old 01-27-06, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
At times, it sounds like she's trying to impersonate Mischa Barton. Which I guess makes sense from an acting standpoint.

And BTW, as much as I enjoy staring at a hot girl in a bikini, it doesn't feel right when said girl is 14 years old. Especially when she's involved in a romantic plotline with a 25 year-old actor. This show is starting to get borderline creepy.
Old 01-27-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Seth is a girl - again. The whole thing is just like how he pathetically sailed away at the end of S1. Then again, I figured that this whole Brown thing would never happen as the 4-some will no doubt end up at some fictitious college named Newport U. or O.C.U. or something.
Old 01-27-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wasnt Benjamin mckenzie 25 when he first started to get it going with Micha Barton (who was 17 I believe)
Old 01-27-06, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Wasnt Benjamin mckenzie 25 when he first started to get it going with Micha Barton (who was 17 I believe)
He turned 25 while shooting Season 1. She turned 18 during the same season. A pretty big age difference, but at least she was legally an adult during the latter half of the year. Willa Holland ain't gonna be legal til Season 7.

Of course, they can make this a lot less creepy by getting rid of Johnny and pairing her up with a dude closer to her age(in real life).
Old 01-27-06, 10:09 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
This season has become a chore to watch, IMO.
Old 01-27-06, 10:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Geofferson
This season has become a chore to watch, IMO.

Agreed. It's not any fun.
Old 01-27-06, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So I guess I was smart to tune out early on in the third season?
Old 01-29-06, 02:18 AM

i thought this eps was alright

seth smoking pot was kinda stupid..

mini coop is hot

summer was great as usual..

Old 01-29-06, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chauzer
That was the cutest thing. It made the episode for me.
Old 01-29-06, 11:00 AM

I liked how Seth immediately knew exactly how to smoke, didn't cough, knew to use a towel to hide the smell, etc...etc...
Old 01-29-06, 12:00 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Doughboy
He turned 25 while shooting Season 1. She turned 18 during the same season. A pretty big age difference, but at least she was legally an adult during the latter half of the year. Willa Holland ain't gonna be legal til Season 7.

Of course, they can make this a lot less creepy by getting rid of Johnny and pairing her up with a dude closer to her age(in real life).
Soon...Soon...
Old 01-29-06, 05:21 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey42
I liked how Seth immediately knew exactly how to smoke, didn't cough, knew to use a towel to hide the smell, etc...etc...
It must be assumed that Kaitlin gave Seth the heads-up on how to do it.

what I'd like to see is a permanent new character. They all just leave after a while, kind of annoying.
Old 01-30-06, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really don't want to give up on this show, but I am about to pretty soon. I guess I can hold out to see if Johnny, who makes Oliver look like one of the best all time TV characters, offs himself. Man, at least Oliver was so pathetic and crazy that you couldn't help but laugh. Johnny is just so "meh".

I'll wait and see what happens with that, and Anna's return, but my god how horrible this show has become. I thought last season was pretty bad, but at least there were some great moments, such as the Spidey Seth ep. This season, imo, has been just unbelievably putrid, from the cartoony evil Dean at the beginning of the season, to Julie watching Nascar and dipping friggin' Skoal in her trailer, to Johnny and now Caitlin.

Things that would be nice: bring Anna back, have Johnny die in some horrid fashion, bring Johnny's ex girl back just because she was cute, develop a good story for Taylor Townsend, have more interaction between Sandy, Seth and Ryan, and bring back Trey just so he can impregnate Caitlin, finally getting himself a Cooper girl. LOL.
Old 01-30-06, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I really don't want to give up on this show, but I am about to pretty soon. I guess I can hold out to see if Johnny, who makes Oliver look like one of the best all time TV characters, offs himself. Man, at least Oliver was so pathetic and crazy that you couldn't help but laugh. Johnny is just so "meh".
The thing about Oliver though is that he was a horribly written and acted character who was thrust into the show just as things were going great. Johnny came along when the show was mired in mediocrity, so it's not like he's dragging everything else down.

I'll wait and see what happens with that, and Anna's return, but my god how horrible this show has become. I thought last season was pretty bad, but at least there were some great moments, such as the Spidey Seth ep. This season, imo, has been just unbelievably putrid, from the cartoony evil Dean at the beginning of the season, to Julie watching Nascar and dipping friggin' Skoal in her trailer, to Johnny and now Caitlin.
No argument here. I actually think it's gotten slightly more watchable since it returned from its winter hiatus, but that ain't saying much. The biggest problem with Season 3 is that NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!! Seriously, has anything substantial happened to any character this year? Hell, at least the equally dreadful Season 2 had a bunch of stuff go down before Josh Schwartz and Co. decided to disregard it all heading into this season.

Things that would be nice: bring Anna back, have Johnny die in some horrid fashion, bring Johnny's ex girl back just because she was cute, develop a good story for Taylor Townsend, have more interaction between Sandy, Seth and Ryan, and bring back Trey just so he can impregnate Caitlin, finally getting himself a Cooper girl. LOL.
I'm pretty sure Anna is coming back, albeit only briefly. Johnny will probably be written out at some point. There's no way he's becoming a regular. Forget about the ex(although yes, she was a hottie). Is Taylor even still around? This show is infamous for introducing characters and then quickly discarding them. I'm sure we'll get more Sandy, Seth, and Ryan scenes......unfortunately at least some of them will be devoted to this ridiculous "Seth is a stoner" plotline. Jesus, at least have him do some real drugs. Remember how the pilot showed Newport kids casually snorting coke? As for Trey, the fact that they never killed him off means he'll likely return at some point. I really hope he doesn't hook up with Caitlin though. That would be just as creepy as her current pairing with Johnny.
Old 01-30-06, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
I'm pretty sure Anna is coming back, albeit only briefly. Johnny will probably be written out at some point. There's no way he's becoming a regular. Forget about the ex(although yes, she was a hottie). Is Taylor even still around? This show is infamous for introducing characters and then quickly discarding them. I'm sure we'll get more Sandy, Seth, and Ryan scenes......unfortunately at least some of them will be devoted to this ridiculous "Seth is a stoner" plotline. Jesus, at least have him do some real drugs. Remember how the pilot showed Newport kids casually snorting coke? As for Trey, the fact that they never killed him off means he'll likely return at some point. I really hope he doesn't hook up with Caitlin though. That would be just as creepy as her current pairing with Johnny.
See, I am totally fine with it being creepy just so long as it isn't boring me to tears. You said it perfectly in your first post. The main issue this year is that NOTHING has transpired. The main things so far are Marissa getting the boot from Harbor, Julie living in a trailer, the whole Marissa/Johnny thing, Caitlin coming back, and now apparently Seth smoking weed and potentially throwing away everything. Blah.

The main reason I said Trey should come back and get with Caitlin was mainly because 1) it might be fun to watch Julie's reaction, and 2) she would likely flip and ship Caitlin off again, which would be great for me, as I can't stand the actress who plays her and she just seems like such a desperation character.
Old 01-30-06, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by Brack
It must be assumed that Kaitlin gave Seth the heads-up on how to do it.

what I'd like to see is a permanent new character. They all just leave after a while, kind of annoying.
I don't think a heads up is going to stop him from coughing.
Old 01-30-06, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm still waiting for Ryan to find out that he has a kid, I'm betting they bring that back around before the end of the season so him and Marissa can break up again.
Old 02-02-06, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
I wish Ryan and Marissa would break, then he could get hooked on smack and chase around some whores w/ Seth and Matt. Hell, they should get Summer hooked on the smack, too.

The only good part of this ep was Summer. And there wasn't enough of her in it for me not to yawn.

and the little sister's voice is starting to drive me up a wall.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.