DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Oblivion [XBOX360]

The Collectors Edition looks sweet!:
http://bethsoft.com/newsletter/devdiary_1.24.06.html
Old 01-26-06, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, with a doc by thinkfilm! That's pretty cool.
Old 01-26-06, 12:45 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I had a pre-order for the CE, but now that I know it will not have any extras as far as gameplay, I'm going to switch that pre-order to the regular edition.
Old 01-26-06, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outpost.com has both up for preorder:
regular is $36.99
CE is $49.99

shipping is a little high ($7 for second day), but still a good deal

Last edited by Daryl; 01-26-06 at 01:14 AM.
Old 01-26-06, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ordering games from Outpost = games arriving 2 weeks after street date, usually.
Old 01-26-06, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I saw the CE over at IGN also. It appears to be packaged nicely, but not $10 nice. The coin was neat...but what will you do with it, look at it...wow.

I guess I'm not a BIG RPG fan, but I'm getting this....so maybe that is why the CE doesn't interest me.

I do give a thumbs up for the packaging though.
Old 01-26-06, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
I think I'm going to have to take about a week off from work when this game comes out. It is the main reason I picked up a 360. The only problem is that it looks like it will be out around the same time as Suikoden V, which was just reported to be the longest game in the series. March/April are going to be very busy for me...
Old 01-26-06, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am a huge RPG fan, enjoyed Morrowind immensely, and would sort of like to see the documentary but for the extra 10$ i could buy the strategy guide that would have more than the little handbook. The coin, while amusing for a couple minutes would just be something else to gather dust and eventually become lost in my living room.

Needless to say though, i already have my regular edition reserved.
Old 01-26-06, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by noonan4224
I think I'm going to have to take about a week off from work when this game comes out. It is the main reason I picked up a 360. The only problem is that it looks like it will be out around the same time as Suikoden V, which was just reported to be the longest game in the series. March/April are going to be very busy for me...
Actually Oblivion was was also the primary reason i picked up a 360. I had hoped it would have made launch but then when i couldn't find one anywhere i was kind of glad it had gotten pushed back and wasn't taunting me on the shelf. I'm also highly stoked for the Bioware RPGs coming out (the first in the trilogy is Mass Effect).
Old 01-26-06, 09:12 AM

I have a huge hard on for this game, but I'm afraid of just how much time I will waste playing it. I'm sure my friends and family will worry about me and will have to schedule an intervention which I will most likely miss due to playing this game. I hope it's worth it, Oblivion was one of the main reasons for my 360 purchase.

Oh BTW I'm not getting the CE what a fucking waste; Yeah I have the tin version of Halo2, does it play any different? Fuck no! Save your money and put it towards marketplace points or something so that you can buy more geek shit for this game that will actually do something for gameplay.
Old 01-26-06, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kakihara1
I have a huge hard on for this game, but I'm afraid of just how much time I will waste playing it. I'm sure my friends and family will worry about me and will have to schedule an intervention which I will most likely miss due to playing this game. I hope it's worth it, Oblivion was one of the main reasons for my 360 purchase.

Oh BTW I'm not getting the CE what a fucking waste; Yeah I have the tin version of Halo2, does it play any different? Fuck no! Save your money and put it towards marketplace points or something so that you can buy more geek shit for this game that will actually do something for gameplay.
I'm worried what will happen to my online skills when i spend hours upon hours in Oblivion. I'll have to set it to appear offline so people aren't badgering me

As for the CE for Halo 2 i thought it was well worth it. It was only 5$ more and i watched every single documentary on the disc and still sometimes put in the surround sound check because it bloody cracks me up laughing. Of course i'm a little more obsessive about the halo universe storyline and was hoping there would be some more ilovebees type stuff on the CE.
Old 01-26-06, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No CE for me, but I can't wait for it to come out. My wife and I will both be splitting time on this one. She enjoyed Morrowind as much as I did.
Old 01-26-06, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
I'm worried what will happen to my online skills when i spend hours upon hours in Oblivion. I'll have to set it to appear offline so people aren't badgering me

As for the CE for Halo 2 i thought it was well worth it. It was only 5$ more and i watched every single documentary on the disc and still sometimes put in the surround sound check because it bloody cracks me up laughing. Of course i'm a little more obsessive about the halo universe storyline and was hoping there would be some more ilovebees type stuff on the CE.
My thoughts exactly I'll be set to appear offline when playing Oblivion simply because right now I don't mind being bothered to play other games with people but I don't want to become immersed in this game only to be spammed by messages/invites while playing, because I'm not joining another game. I am going to at least try to split my time between Oblivion and other live games (Halo2, DOA4, Full Auto) but I'm thinking that until I get fairly deep into Oblivion I may not be seen around much.

BTW I watched all the crappy videos on the Halo2 CE and thought that the RVB thing was cool and that's it. Oh I cracked up a bit during Nerd Volleyball but I wasn't laughing with them so much as at them.
Old 01-26-06, 09:36 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Switched my pre-order to the regular edition today.
Old 01-26-06, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
the packaging looks nice, but I think I will stick with the regular edition.