Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Flightplan $7.99 at BestBuy *ONLINE PRICE ERROR IN WEEKLY AD* (YMMV)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-06, 08:59 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, go to Bestbuy.com and go to the Weekly Ad option. On page 14 of the weekly ad, it shows flightplan, along with several other Jodie Foster movies. On Sunday, when you scrolled over filghtplan with the cursor, it showed the price as $7.99, same as the others. This is not so anymore, it has ben correctd. However, when you click on Flightplan, it brings you to a page that shows the price for both widescreen and fullscreen being $7.99. When you try t add it to your cart by going to the "buy online" option, it shows the price as $16.99. You need to print out the page that shows the $7.99 price for both, and bring it to your local BB store and have a conversation with the store manager to get the $7.99 price honored. It worked for me just fine. Enjoy and Good Luck!
Old 01-24-06, 09:03 PM

I think this is pretty YMMV, as the store managers usually bring up the "we're a different company from the online store" line.
Old 01-24-06, 09:08 PM
Cool New Member

not in this case

Maybe, but this is in the WEEKLY AD portion of the online site, which pertains to the B+M store, not the website. Like I said, it worked for me. The weekly ad also shows 5 jodie foster movies together and the only nearby price tag says $7.99 each. you could even call bestBuy corporate and explain it to them, and they will make a record of your call, and give you a reference # to get the price honored at the store. Give the manager the ref #, and VOILA!

Last edited by bbruinsma3; 01-24-06 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-24-06, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The price for Flightplan is $16.99 and buy one of the other 5 Jodie Foster movies and the price is $7.99
Old 01-24-06, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheHan
I think this is pretty YMMV, as the store managers usually bring up the "we're a different company from the online store" line.
I have NEVER heard that response from Best Buy. They always have honored their online prices. Walmart NEVER honors their website. At least, this is what I have experienced in the past...
Old 01-24-06, 09:33 PM
Cool New Member

I know

All I know is that corporate said the $7.99 price on the website is a mistake, and they honored it, but only because I said something. They didn't say anything about the price being lower if you bought another Jodie Foster movie with it, nor did the circular imply any such thing. You must print out the page from the online weekly ad that shows the title, with the prices for both fullscreen and widescreen at $7.99 to get it to work.

Last edited by bbruinsma3; 01-24-06 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-24-06, 09:48 PM

Got the phone number? I'd love to call them and get them to honor the pricing on Enterprise S1-3. The manager I talked to tonight said no f'in way, and pointed to a "correction" notice taped to the shelf.
Old 01-24-06, 09:55 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Got the phone number? I'd love to call them and get them to honor the pricing on Enterprise S1-3. The manager I talked to tonight said no f'in way, and pointed to a "correction" notice taped to the shelf.
I called 888-BestBUY and asked to be transferred to corporate customer service
Old 01-25-06, 09:23 AM

way off subject but can someone tell me what YMMV means?
Old 01-25-06, 09:38 AM
Banned

Your Mileage May Vary
Old 01-25-06, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Your Mileage May Vary
THanks
Old 01-25-06, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've gotten a similar response when they gave me the wrong item one time. I was like "I ordered the correct thing, but you pulled the wrong version." The rep was like "Well all I can do, is ring it as a return, give you credit then ring up the right item."

Oh and IMO, the movie isn't worth more that $7.99. Once you've seen it, you've seen it. Repeat viewing value for me would be very low.
Old 01-25-06, 12:33 PM

Looks like Best Buy yanked the $7.99 implied price on "Flightplan" off the site. There is not even a price listed by it individually on the ad page. Congrats to those who got it for $7.99 regardless. I'll just wait until its in the discount bin legitimately. This movie looks way too much like a CBS movie of the week to me.
Old 01-25-06, 12:44 PM
Cool New Member

I was surprised by Flight Plan, expected nothing. Good Flick!

manager at the store hassled me, even with the 7.99 printout from web.

Called corporate on the spot.....gave the managers name.

Got the movie for 7.99

Plus a $25 GC for my trouble!
Old 01-25-06, 12:47 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Demolition Man
Looks like Best Buy yanked the $7.99 implied price on "Flightplan" off the site. There is not even a price listed by it individually on the ad page. Congrats to those who got it for $7.99 regardless. I'll just wait until its in the discount bin legitimately. This movie looks way too much like a CBS movie of the week to me.

Yep, they sure did. it's gone gone gone...Damn, I should've saved a scan of the page..oh well, I guess if they caught the mistake you can't punish them for it forever? By the way, It's well worth $7.99 since you can't rent it for much less than that, but it is true, most of the movie relies on the shock value of who is doing what...so repeat viewing will not be high!!! IMO though, it was a good movie! KEpt me watching intently from start to finish!! And a DTS track!!

Last edited by bbruinsma3; 01-25-06 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-25-06, 12:49 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by UninTY
I was surprised by Flight Plan, expected nothing. Good Flick!

manager at the store hassled me, even with the 7.99 printout from web.

Called corporate on the spot.....gave the managers name.

Got the movie for 7.99

Plus a $25 GC for my trouble!

Good Job man!! Damn, I did'y even get a $25 giftcard!!! Congrats!

I hope some other people benefitted from this thread as well, since I have found so many good deals on this forum, I hope I helped some people get a deal!!!

Last edited by bbruinsma3; 01-25-06 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-25-06, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bbruinsma3
By the way, It's well worth $7.99 since you can't rent it for much less than that, but it is true, most of the movie relies on the shock value of who is doing what...so repeat viewing will not be high!!!
Where on earth do you rent? At $8 a pop plus gas to get back and forth, I'd definitely be doing Netflix!
Old 01-25-06, 01:10 PM
Banned

Retail pwnage r00lz.

Old 01-25-06, 01:22 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Where on earth do you rent? At $8 a pop plus gas to get back and forth, I'd definitely be doing Netflix!

i don't rent...i only buy..or sometimes watch On Demand
Old 01-25-06, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I have NEVER heard that response from Best Buy. They always have honored their online prices. Walmart NEVER honors their website. At least, this is what I have experienced in the past...
I've heard that before. If they are supposed to pricematch, then the people at my store have been trained poorly.
Old 01-25-06, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cinemaddiction
Retail pwnage r00lz.
Nice to see a local fellow nailing Worst Buy where it hurts.

(Curious.. which location do you think is worse - that one or the Northtown location?)
Old 01-25-06, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

(Curious.. which location do you think is worse - that one or the Northtown location?)
You think either one of those are bad try the Richfield mega store 1000 employees all trying to look busy so they don't have to help you! I swear you can sit in line for 20 minutes they all stand around socializing no new registers open. Forget trying to return anything they have 2 people actually working and 14 people back behind the counter watching.
Old 01-25-06, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by teddydogg
You think either one of those are bad try the Richfield mega store 1000 employees all trying to look busy so they don't have to help you! I swear you can sit in line for 20 minutes they all stand around socializing no new registers open. Forget trying to return anything they have 2 people actually working and 14 people back behind the counter watching.

lol!
Old 01-25-06, 04:17 PM
Banned

Jesus. It's a tie between Northtown and Brooklyn Center.
Old 01-25-06, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cinemaddiction
Jesus. It's a tie between Northtown and Brooklyn Center.
I've never been to the Brooklyn Center location so I can't comment. Northtown is HORRIBLE.. I probably could write a book on how many bad experiences I've had just at that location. Coon Rapids isn't much better to be honest. I feel like I'm going to suffocate just trying to walk through their DVD aisles, plus their organization needs drastic work (last time I checked "Space: Above And Beyond" is a TV series not a freakin comedy).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.