Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars: Season 2 Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-06, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Veronica Mars: Season 2 Question

My wife and I recently finished watching season 1 of Veronica Mars. We are officially hooked!

Is there any way to catch up with season 2? Or would it be best to wait for the dvd's?

We want to find out who was at the door!!! (but we don't want to jump into the show midseason.)
Old 01-24-06, 04:37 PM

I would recommend waiting for the dvd's or the reruns. My wife and I watched season 1 on dvd at the beginning of the season. By the time we finished we already missed a few episodes, so we were going to just jump right into season 2. After about 10 minutes we decided we missed to much, and ended up recording the first 5 episodes during reruns, and have now caught up. Just my opinion.
Old 01-24-06, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
Originally Posted by sjrab16
I would recommend waiting for the dvd's or the reruns. My wife and I watched season 1 on dvd at the beginning of the season. By the time we finished we already missed a few episodes, so we were going to just jump right into season 2. After about 10 minutes we decided we missed to much, and ended up recording the first 5 episodes during reruns, and have now caught up. Just my opinion.
I did the same thing and recommend waiting as well. The way this show works, as you know, is that it builds from episode to episode. If you miss a couple of eps, then things will start to break down a little and get confusing. As it is, there have been some big developments, especially recently, and I am a firm believer that you should be surprised by them.
Old 01-24-06, 04:53 PM

That's what I was afraid of!! Oh well, hopefully they will release them in Aug/Sept instead of October like they did with season 1.
Old 01-24-06, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Definitely wait for the dvds...I started watching at the beginning of the season this year, and was lost for a while then got the gist of the show. Then finally watched the first season, and wish I would have waited.
Old 01-24-06, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
They've already re-run the first few episodes of the second season, so if you really want to start from Season 2, Ep 1, you'll have to wait for the DVDs.

Last edited by Doc Moonlight; 01-25-06 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-25-06, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Tygan
That's what I was afraid of!! Oh well, hopefully they will release them in Aug/Sept instead of October like they did with season 1.

yes hopefully, but if they do not, make sure and plan on taping the season 3 eps until you get caught up.

this is what i did with season 2. I had not seen a single episode before the dvds came out, but I had a strong suspicion I would love the show, so had taped the first few season 2 eps until I could catch up.
Old 01-25-06, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I may be very wrong, but I have to think CW will be doing a lot to catch folks up on Veronica Mars. Getting those DVDs out early would definitely help, but I think the most likely approach will be one of those recap shows like ABC loves so much for LOST and Desperate Housewives.