Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Virgin Spring overpriced?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-06, 01:14 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Virgin Spring overpriced?

I am aware of Criterions semi-high prices and I dont mind them for what they offer. But I have noticed a very nice drop in criterion prices in my local stores for new releases. The 1 diskers are at 19.99 such as bad timing, Masculin féminin, etc. And 2 diskers are at 24.99 or 29.99 (depending on the movie) like Naked.

I was just wondering even though I havent seen it in stores and wont until tommorow "The Virgin Spring" seems it is a bit overpriced online at 28 bucks, with an MSRP at 39.95. While other new release 1 disc criterions go for 22 or 23 bucks. any reason why? Is it a 2 disk dvd and every site I have been to is wrong? should I expect to pay 30 dollars in store tommorow?
Old 01-24-06, 01:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There have been other 1-disc releases that are priced at the $39.99 price point, it seems that this is also one of them.

Originally Posted by Harry Lime
I am aware of Criterions semi-high prices and I dont mind them for what they offer. But I have noticed a very nice drop in criterion prices in my local stores for new releases. The 1 diskers are at 19.99 such as bad timing, Masculin féminin, etc. And 2 diskers are at 24.99 or 29.99 (depending on the movie) like Naked.

I was just wondering even though I havent seen it in stores and wont until tommorow "The Virgin Spring" seems it is a bit overpriced online at 28 bucks, with an MSRP at 39.95. While other new release 1 disc criterions go for 22 or 23 bucks. any reason why? Is it a 2 disk dvd and every site I have been to is wrong? should I expect to pay 30 dollars in store tommorow?
Old 01-24-06, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most Criterions which contain audio commentaries have a list price of $39.99, regardless of being one or two-disc editions.
Old 01-24-06, 10:29 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
it's $24 at most online retailers, Digeyes, DVDPlanet, DDD...what more do you want?