Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Regal's Big Screen Events

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-06, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone here ever attended any of Regal's Big Screen events before? In the past, they've mostly either shown live or pre-recorded concerts, but they also pull out the occasional film or two (such as The Blues Brothers or the director's cut of Land of the Dead).

Why I'm asking this is because I'd like to see the concert film Coachella on Tuesday night that one-hundred (or so) Regal Cinemas are showing at 7:30pm. The problem that I am having is that I don't get off work that night until 7pm and it'll probably take me 20-25 minutes to even drive to the theater that is playing it. For those of you who have attended these screenings before, how crowded do they get or does nobody show up? Since I'm likely going by myself, I won't have anyone to save a seat for me and I'll probably arrive in the theater a minute or two before showtime (and I really don't want to sit in a crappy seat).
Old 01-22-06, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have been to a few in several diffrent towns...the concert events are never even close to sold out...sometimes its you and an employee on a lunch break...
Old 01-22-06, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know anything about this other than their concert series. I'm all for seeing "older" movies on the big screen. Wish more theaters would do it.
Old 01-22-06, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they are rarely busy at all. Coachella looks cool.