Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Some woman at the theater spoiled multiple movies while we were standing in line

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Some woman at the theater spoiled multiple movies while we were standing in line

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-06, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I was waiting in line for a matinee showing of Syriana, and this woman was blathering away to her mother and sister about pretty much every movie she had seen in the last six months. Naturally, she was spoiling just about all of them, despite their requests for her not to.

I had seen all of them that she was talking about, or I had no interest in them, but I had been casually thinking about renting The Constant Gardener and of course this brainless sow blithely spoiled that, too. One of them asked what Syriana was about and she started talking authoritatively about it, so as I was about to turn around and tell her to knock it off, I realized that she had only seen the trailer.

I mean, what the hell? She was probably one of those people who came out of The Empire Strikes Back and said/yelled, "Wow, I can't believe that guy in the black mask is Luke's father!"
Old 01-21-06, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should have turned around and told her to shut her god damn mouth.
Old 01-21-06, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Shoulda knocked her the fuck out!

Old 01-22-06, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
I mean, what the hell? She was probably one of those people who came out of The Empire Strikes Back and said/yelled, "Wow, I can't believe that guy in the black mask is Luke's father!"
Ahh, the quality Simpsons flashbacks.

I hate people who do that, but I'm guilty of doing similar, however, it's always been around people I knew and for movies nobody has heard of. Though, I can't think of many people pissed at me for spoiling the end of 3-Iron.
Old 01-22-06, 12:11 AM
Suspended

Stupid bitch
Old 01-22-06, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
Hand her a piece of paper with myspace.com written on it. Tell her to be a critic there, instead of in the theater.
Old 01-22-06, 10:35 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
You should have turned around and told her to shut her god damn mouth.

and I am someone that would have - "shut your pie hole"
Old 01-22-06, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's awful...i have no problem telling people like that to shut the fuck up... but don't let her "spoilage" stop you from renting Constant Gardener...great movie and her "spoilers" probably won't actually spoil it, since it's so well done.

MATT
Old 01-22-06, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I may be in the minority on this, but most movies I go and see I always read the entry on themoviespoiler.com. I don't know why, but it doesn't bother me to know how a movie is going to end before I watch it.
Old 01-22-06, 01:01 PM

man I hate when people do that....I would have asked her nicely to well....shut the fuck up!
Old 01-22-06, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would have given her the evil eye.
Old 01-22-06, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Spoil the end of her life by saying: "You're going to die alone without friends or family."
Old 01-22-06, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Bus
Spoil the end of her life by saying: "You're going to die alone without friends or family."
Old 01-22-06, 04:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
There was an episode of The Honeymooners classic 39 ("A Matter of Record"), where, prior to his mother-in-law's visit, Ralph characterizes her as a blabbermouth and bets Alice that within three minutes of arrival, her mother will start an argument. Ralph sets up an alarm clock to prove his point.

Within those three minutes, mother-in-law implies Ralph is not a good provider, he's eating all the food, Alice could have married somebody better, etc. All the while, Ralph is boiling inside because he told Alice he wouldn't say a word. When Alice tells mom that Ralph and Ed are going to a play, she dismisses the show as predictable and gives away the identity of the murderer. The alarm clock goes off and Ralph says, "YOU ... are a BLABBERMOUTH!"

Words don't do justice to Gleason's outburst, but here's a link to the script:

http://www.paradiselost.org/blab.html

and to a WAV file (use blabbermouth to search):

http://www.haminahamina.com/wavs.html

That woman was ... a BLABBERMOUTH!

EDITS: October 2008. Changed audio link (again); the previous one is now dead.
April 2007 changed "...he said he wouldn't say a word" to "...he told Alice he wouldn't say a word." Less repetitive and makes more sense (I hope).

Last edited by digidoh; 07-12-11 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added title of episode
Old 01-22-06, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls WITH NO FRICKIN' SPOILER CODE

I was just about to watch that!
Old 01-22-06, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Demontooth
I may be in the minority on this, but most movies I go and see I always read the entry on themoviespoiler.com. I don't know why, but it doesn't bother me to know how a movie is going to end before I watch it.

Thatis insane...although i knew someone who knew who won Survivor two years in a row and i made her tell me...and she was right each time...so there i sat watching the show knowing the outcome...so i guess im in the same club
Old 01-22-06, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by digidoh
There was an episode of The Honeymooners classic 39, where, prior to his mother-in-law's visit, Ralph characterizes her as a blabbermouth and bets Alice that within three minutes of arrival, her mother will start an argument. Ralph sets up an alarm clock to prove his point.

Within those three minutes, mother-in-law implies Ralph is not a good provider, he's eating all the food, Alice could have married somebody better, etc. All the while, Ralph is boiling inside because he said he wouldn't say a word. When Alice tells mom that Ralph and Ed are going to a play, she dismisses the show as predictable and gives away the identity of the murderer. The alarm clock goes off and Ralph says, "YOU ... are a BLABBERMOUTH!"

Words don't do justice to Gleason's outburst, but here's a link to the script:

http://www.paradiselost.org/blab.html
You, sir, have convinced me to buy the DVD set. I was the entire time I was reading that.
Old 01-22-06, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a friend who doesn't mind being spoiled when telling him a movie. I'm kinda the same way, film is a visual medium, not a story-driven one. Movie spoilers aren't nearly as bad as book spoilers.
Old 01-22-06, 10:04 PM
Banned

Just another motor mouth wench!
Old 01-23-06, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is a new thing with kids as well...Waiting in line for a movie, out comes a group of teenagers, and they start yelling the end and various parts of the movie to the audience that is waiting in line for the next showing. This has happened 3 times in the last 6-7 month to me. Needless to say, I hate kids even more now.
Old 01-23-06, 09:37 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
film is a visual medium, not a story-driven one.
Not true at all. Nearly all mainstream films, and even most indies, are very much story-driven.
Old 01-23-06, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Today I was waiting in line for a matinee showing of Syriana
I'm actually kind of surprised that you had to wait in a line to see Syriana.
Old 01-23-06, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would have turned around to give her the Donald Sutherland stare from Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Nothing shuts someone up like pointing at them, staring with insane eyes and yelling "AAAWWWWHHHHHHH".
Old 01-23-06, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I'm actually kind of surprised that you had to wait in a line to see Syriana.
It was actually a packed theater, although there were only two showings a day. They only had two ticket counters open, so there was a line out to the parking lot.
Old 01-23-06, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
That happened to me while waiting for Underworld: Evolution to start. Some woman behind me was telling her friend how great Hostel was and actually detailed every single plot twist in the film, from beginning to end. I wanted to move but I was alone saving the seats for me and my friend while he was buying the nachos and soda. I felt tempted to ask her to shut up but I realized that she might think I was eavesdropping (which is funny cos I was trying NOT to hear what she was saying). So I finally gave up and now I know every single detail of Hostel. I'm now trying to forget it all before I see the film. Thank goodness she didn't Syrianna or any other film I'm interested in seeing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.