Smallville -- "Lockdown" -- 01/19/06

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-06, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Smallville -- "Lockdown" -- 01/19/06

"Lockdown"
Spoiler:
The two police officers who witnessed the spaceship land in the meteor shower take Lex and Lana hostage and threaten to kill them unless Lex reveals where he hid the spaceship.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Erica Durance.
Director(s): Peter Ellis.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Steven S. DeKnight.

Original Airdate: January 19, 2006.
Old 01-19-06, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope we get some clues about next week's episode tonite. This one feels like a filler ep (compared to next week).
Old 01-19-06, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next week the Kryptonite is going to hit the fan.
Old 01-19-06, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Lex gets shot, again.

You think he would invest in some bullet proof vests.
Old 01-19-06, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lex is making his move...
Old 01-19-06, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
arrrrggggghhhh
they did that stupid hollywood thing where a bullet goes through someone then disappears from existance. If the bullet exited the sheriff it would have hit the black deputy
FMJ pulled that too when Pyle blows his brains out. Exit wound sprays blood all over the tile, but the bullet would have gone out and broken the tile
Old 01-19-06, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like Lana finds out everything next week, I bet she is going to say no to Clark when he asks her to marry him.
Old 01-19-06, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Really like the show tonight, different than most other of the shows this season.

I love the Sets and FX in the shows this season, the best out of all the 5 seasons.
Old 01-19-06, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by huzefa
I hope we get some clues about next week's episode tonite. This one feels like a filler ep (compared to next week).

Yep. Pure filler.
Old 01-20-06, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can't believe the lady sheriff is dead.

Overall, didn't find this episode all that interesting.

But the Lex and hair discussion did bring up a major insecurity he has (and contrasting it with Clark big ol' head hair didn't help his spirits).
Old 01-20-06, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
These Smallville folks are treating the state senate election like they're running for president of the United States.

At most, all I ever see about a state senate election is 2-3 mailers.
Old 01-20-06, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GuessWho
These Smallville folks are treating the state senate election like they're running for president of the United States.

At most, all I ever see about a state senate election is 2-3 mailers.
No kidding.

2 things I've learned. Campaign Finance Laws don't apply to Kansas. To win a state senate seat, you apparently need to air ads on radio and tv state-wide.
Old 01-20-06, 12:10 PM

I thought it was a good ep, not just filler. Not a FOTW or anything, but character stuff for Lex and Lana. Really liked that last bit with the sheriff & Clark, too bad she died. I figure, she was kinda close to Clark there for a few minutes, that counts, so no one needs to die next week!

Really enjoying this season, mainly because of the ensemble cast. Going to be sorry to see any of them go. (Heck, I was sorry to see the sheriff go.)

It feels like the show should end this season, with all that the're doing. I'm liking it so much better than 3 or 4, seems like there's not going to be much left for them to do next year. Does anyone know how many more seasons they have planned?
Old 01-20-06, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Reports on TVguide.com this morning say that they (The Producers) have not been notified, even though the ratings have improved, that they will be a 6th season.
Old 01-20-06, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There better be another season.... the ratings are doing great on their night
Old 01-20-06, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk God

I'd say the chances of renewal are 99.9%. WB moved it to a more competitive timeslot, and ratings increased.
Old 01-20-06, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hopefully we dont get a repeat of what The WB did with Angel.

Did I miss something that explained why Lex did not have a phone line in his little vault??

Last edited by riley_dude; 01-20-06 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-20-06, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Can't believe the lady sheriff is dead.
As soon as I saw her during the episode I commented to my wife that I'm amazed she has stayed alive this long in the series. I'm drawing a blank as to when the first sheriff died but I really never liked this lady one bit.

The fire effect was pretty sweet tonight near the end. While I really enjoy the story and characters.....nothing makes an episode for me like a little CGI magic.

I was all excited about this episode because I was a week ahead in my mind. I thought this was going to be the 100th episode until the WB kept taunting me with those ads at the bottom of the screen. Is it me of does the WB have the biggest and most frequent crap at the bottom of the screen? This is the first season that I've chosen to watch and not wait for the DVD set. I find it all extremely annoying.
Old 01-21-06, 10:44 PM

the crap between lana and clark is getting so repetitive its stupid

and clark just looks like a pussy all the time now whenever lana wants to kiss him or get close to him
Old 01-22-06, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I believe the producers have repeatedly said in the past that they always saw Smallville as having 7 seasons. I do hope they get it too because you know what we get in that last ep. :-)
Old 01-22-06, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Did I miss something that explained why Lex did not have a phone line in his little vault??
Yeah that was a huge hole. Even if they pulled the whole cut the phone lines routine there is no way there wouldn't be some kind of backup with all of the technology stuff in that thing.
Old 01-22-06, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Kal-El
I believe the producers have repeatedly said in the past that they always saw Smallville as having 7 seasons. I do hope they get it too because you know what we get in that last ep. :-)
Can't they advance the show and call it Metropolis?Waiting for Clark too don his Superman outfit might take years so they could concentrate on others such as Lois and Lex.Don't know what would happen with Lana.
Old 01-23-06, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chauzer
the crap between lana and clark is getting so repetitive its stupid
Between your statement and Clark's "I'll never love another" while Lois pulls up:
Spoiler:
is it too much to hope that Lana is the one who doesn't make it through next week's episode?
Old 01-23-06, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
The ex-cop said that he cut the hard line and had a wireless scrambler so the cell phone wouldn't work.
Old 01-25-06, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by ytrez
The ex-cop said that he cut the hard line and had a wireless scrambler so the cell phone wouldn't work.
Yup. And once Lex shot the scrambler, an automatic "distress" call did go out. That's how the sheriff ended up getting shot. Too bad, I was warming up to her.

Pretty good ep, lots of lead-in for next week.

Speculation for next week: Pa Kent gets elected but assassinated. Somehow the evidence points to Lex, and Clark ends up hating him forever.

small spoiler from the Tivo description for next week:
Spoiler:

It says Clark tells Lana the truth. I hope this isn't true, or goes away. That would really mess up continuity. Unless they're deciding that this show really doesn't fit in with any other Superman continuity.