Reload this Page >

Battlestar Galactica "Resurrection Ship Part 2" 01/13/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-13-06, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new human alliance is in danger of fracturing over new revelations about the Battlestar Pegasus.
Old 01-13-06, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

And once again I couldn't control myself and read spoilers on AICN . . .
Old 01-13-06, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MBoyd
And once again I couldn't control myself and read spoilers on AICN . . .
LMAO shame on you man!! Finally It's been a long three days since I watched Pt. 1.
Old 01-13-06, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Read some spoilers myself. I can't wait.
Old 01-13-06, 10:00 PM

Nice, Cain is dead. Admiral Adama has a nice ring to it.
Old 01-13-06, 10:06 PM
Suspended

Awesome episode again, i was really glad to see both leaders not want to kill each other in the end, shows Cain was semi human after all I did think the kiss at the end was a little cheesey though

I'm kinda worried about the next episode .. an "anti abortion" episode? I hope they weren't hinting that the cylon baby is gonna cure the president's cancer? Maybe I just didn't pay attention enough...
Old 01-13-06, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Interesting episode. I thought they'd put more focus on the battle, but I liked how they just slowly brought in the sounds from the fighting while Adama was talking to Boomer and then cut straight to the battle in progress. It reminded me of The Deer Hunter with the sudden shift from the guys all hanging out to the Vietnam sequence.

My only question is how Gina managed to get into Cain's quarters. And the Pegasus is still around. I wonder how long it will be in the game. Could there be a rift forming between Adama and Starbuck now?
Old 01-13-06, 10:43 PM

Cain is hardcore. She knew Starbuck was sent to kill her, and still stood there waiting. And when Gina got to her, she didn't flinch. Hardcore.

D
ps. Shot in the face! Damn! The face!
Old 01-13-06, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tonights battle reminded me of the Battle of Midway. Two Battlestars (carriers & yes I know the US had 3 carriers) against a superior fleet. They have better intel then the Cylons. And then surprise them and win the fight with little losses. Whereas the Cylons lost the Ressurection ship and at least one Baseship. Even Apollo watching the battle from space after his fighter is destroyed is similar to an actual incident where a crashed US pilot saw the whole battle while floating in the ocean. I wonder if this is the turning point for the Colonials as Midway was for the US.

Coolest thing...Both battlestars survived!
Old 01-13-06, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
glad they still have both battlestars
hopefully that will remain the case
Old 01-13-06, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why was there only one marine when Gina escaped? It seemed every other scene where prisoners were being handled they had at least two marines. I also find it hard to believe she made to the Admirals quarters without being spotted and I doubt and Admirals quarters would be close to the stockade.

Also how will Balter explain what happened? She didn't kill the marine and he can explain that Balter goy him to turn his back on the prisoner.
Old 01-13-06, 11:50 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Manco
Why was there only one marine when Gina escaped? It seemed every other scene where prisoners were being handled they had at least two marines. I also find it hard to believe she made to the Admirals quarters without being spotted and I doubt and Admirals quarters would be close to the stockade.
I'm just going to venture a guess:
- The marines are stationed at key points throughout the ship to repel cylon borders, explaining why there might be fewer guards than usual around the prisoner and in the hallways. As per what was shown, most likely the bridge of both ships are the heaviest guarded during battle.

It would be ironic that the detachment of marines sent to Galactica from Pegasus (for the takeover) consisted of guards who might have been otherwise guarding the prisoner.

- as for how she snuck to the Admiral's quarters: Adama did mention there was a lot of the usual post-battle chaos. (and it looked like the Pegasus took a nasty hit on one of hangers, which might draw alot of the crew to it). Not to mention, I think Pegasus is understaffed since most of it's crew were killed off-ship during the initial attack, and whatever "conscripts" they got probably never really increased them to full crew (just conjecture on my part)

As for the marine with Baltar, she did snap his neck (there was even a snapping sound)...no witnesses there
Old 01-14-06, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts
Some pretty freaky shit going down...

I also sensed that the Pegasus crew knew about Starbuck and Adama's plot to assassinate Cain. The reaction shots as she was going for her sidearm seemed to point that way.

I wonder if, with the two parallel assassination plots going on, if Adama and Cain weren't testing each other without realizing it. I also wonder if Starbuck and Fisk actually would've gone through with their respective parts.

Starbuck also came off really creepy at Cain's funeral service. She used her who speech pretty much to defend Cain and slam Adama and Roslin. Methinks Cain might've had quite an effect on her. I can smell some trouble brewing there.

And Gina's still on the loose! And presumably armed.

Looks like next week we'll be getting the big abortion/stem cell episode.
Old 01-14-06, 08:27 AM
Suspended pending providing a working email address

I read the spoilers for next weeks ep. They abort the cylon baby to make a Shaky's Pizza.
Old 01-14-06, 09:28 AM

Can you guys be more careful...please do not mention anything about spoilers or about next episodes. Thx

Some people here, do not listen to the preview....
Old 01-14-06, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Starbuck also came off really creepy at Cain's funeral service. She used her who speech pretty much to defend Cain and slam Adama and Roslin. Methinks Cain might've had quite an effect on her. I can smell some trouble brewing there.
Well, she was a pawn in this whole thing. Even with Lee there to watch her back, it was still pretty much a suicide mission. Plus, I think she was very interested in Cain's plan to return to the 12 colonies.

I look for tension between the "fight" attitude of the pegasus and the "flight" attitude of the Galactica crew. My prediction, not a spoiler, is the Pegasus will go back to the colonies, and Starbuck will go with them.

My question is, why are the Chief and Helo free?
Old 01-14-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason
My question is, why are the Chief and Helo free?
Adama is in charge now and he didn't want them locked up.
Old 01-14-06, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts
I really hope we get a "Pegasus" flashback episode at some point. Sort of like "The Other 48 Days" on "Lost."

It would be interesting to actually see what the Pegasus went through, and get their side of the events we were only told about (like Cain murdering her XO, stripping and abandoning civilian ships). It would also be a good excuse to bring Michelle Forbes back.

But most all, I want to learn more about Lt. Thorn (the guy who tried to bugger Sharon).

He seems to be the Bill Brassky of the Pegasus.

"He saved my life."
"Saved mine, too."
"He saved the lives of every man of this boat."
"Taught me how to belt a guy in the gut with a bar of soap."
Old 01-14-06, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Adama is in charge now and he didn't want them locked up.
Did I miss a line from Adama saying something about releasing them? It does create opportunity for conflict between Helo/Chief and other Pegasus people in future episodes.

Aren't we getting a longer version of Episode 10 on the next DVD release? I sort of hope there is more of these last two epsiodes.
Old 01-14-06, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Excellent episode, and well-written to handle the crisis that had built in a believable way without hurting the direction of the show in general. I take it Pegasis will be another ship in the fleet now, all under Adama. Yeah, I was wondering how Adama must have just let those guys awaiting execution go -- but it's not out of character for him, and lays the seeds for tension between the crews of Galactica and Pegasis in the future.

I like the direction of Baltar's character too. The "talking to the invisible Cylon" bit was getting real old. Now it seems he's "rejected" the Cylon in his head for the real one. I look forward to seeing where they're going with that.
Old 01-14-06, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by MBoyd
Did I miss a line from Adama saying something about releasing them? It does create opportunity for conflict between Helo/Chief and other Pegasus people in future episodes.
Adama thought they should stand trial on the Galactica. I'm sure we haven't heard the last of this situation.
Old 01-14-06, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A nitpick: The whole bit about Helo and Sharon is starting to grate. Granted, the guy on Pegasus was about to rape Sharon, BUT she's a freakin' ROBOT. When the Pegasus crew had Chief and Helo in restraints and were doing their Full Metal Jacket bit with the soap, I was actually thinking to myself that the two deserved it. The guy they killed did save the lives of many a Pegasus crew member, after all.

So Helo's and Chief's love/infatuation/whatever for the cylon is getting pretty damn silly and I wish they'd just kill off Park's cylon character for good.

Now, when are they gonna go back to Caprica to save the resistance?
Old 01-14-06, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
He seems to be the Bill Brassky of the Pegasus.
http://www.wattfarm.com/blog/archives/000301.html
Old 01-14-06, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

but helo and the chief were just throwing him off her, they didn't purposely smash his head into the protruding bolt
Old 01-14-06, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
A nitpick: The whole bit about Helo and Sharon is starting to grate. Granted, the guy on Pegasus was about to rape Sharon, BUT she's a freakin' ROBOT. When the Pegasus crew had Chief and Helo in restraints and were doing their Full Metal Jacket bit with the soap, I was actually thinking to myself that the two deserved it. The guy they killed did save the lives of many a Pegasus crew member, after all.
Well, that's a scary opinion. We've had this discussion before, though.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.