Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

New TNA wrestling titles

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-06, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TNA wrestling titles

Hi just saw on TNAwrestling.com that 3 new titles came out this week. They are Hard Justice, Slammiversary(sp?) and No Surrender. The site says the box set is only available on TNAwrestling.com but does anyone know where I can get them individually. I have all the DVD's so far and I do not want to pay 66 dollars off of TNA's site.

Kevin
Old 01-11-06, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I'm pretty sure that those are all only available at the TNA site. At least for the time being anyway.
Old 01-11-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's also a Christopher Daniels Best Of that came out or is coming out next week.

= J
Old 01-12-06, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wonder why these won't be in stores? The Wal-Marts here can't keep the first box.

The other DVD's I've only seen at Best Buy ($13.99 each) and FYE ($26 each).
Old 01-12-06, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tarantino
There's also a Christopher Daniels Best Of that came out or is coming out next week.

= J
I was totally set to buy that and then I read its only one disc!?!? Thats no good. Any "Best of" collection deserves better than that. Especially with someone like Christopher Daniels.
Old 01-12-06, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tarantino

= J

Thanks for reminding me of that. I need to pick that up this week.
Old 01-12-06, 07:46 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got the Christopher Daniels Best Of at BB last week for about $12.

Have yet to have 5 mins to watch it though.

The only bad thing about the TNA discs is thats always just footage from TNA stuff since they don't own the rights to any other events and for guys like CD some of his best stuff is in Ring of Honor.

Greg
Old 01-12-06, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I was totally set to buy that and then I read its only one disc!?!? Thats no good. Any "Best of" collection deserves better than that. Especially with someone like Christopher Daniels.
Not only that, but I've also read somewhere that the matches are all clipped. I don't have the disc, and I can't 100% confirm that, but just a warning. Anyone that has the DVD please let us know if the matches are clipped.
Old 01-12-06, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah I also heard about the clipped matches. I would guess you'd have to clip them to fit what should have been 2 discs worth of stuff onto one.

This had better not be a trend for future TNA "Best of" discs.
Old 01-12-06, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
The matches are indeed clipped.
Old 01-12-06, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by starseed1981
That's just pure crap. Is Jeff Hardy's DVD clipped? I can't imagine why they did that, TNA usually caters to the internet/smart inside wrestling fan, they had to know they would be pissing off just about their entire fan base. On top of that, I heard the CD/AJ/Samoa Joe match from Unbreakable (?) isn't on there. I'm still trying to dig that match up somehow, I heard it was unbelievable.
Old 01-12-06, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
That sucks as I was planning on buying the DVD. They didn't do that with the previous four compilations they released, did they (I know the Best of the X-Division wasn't clipped)?
Old 01-12-06, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know there were a few moments in the Raven set that they kinda skipped ahead a little bit in the match sometimes. But you could tell it wasn't more than a few seconds.
Old 01-12-06, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I know there were a few moments in the Raven set that they kinda skipped ahead a little bit in the match sometimes. But you could tell it wasn't more than a few seconds.
I know TNA doesn't have the financial resources of WWE, but they just continually come off as bush league. All of the TNA DVD PPVs that I've purchased are on single layer DVDs, so they had to be put on two disks. Did they limit the Christopher Daniels DVD to one single layer disc and only have 90 minutes or so available? This is nuts, are they saving that much money not using double-layered disks? I was dying to get the Best of the X Division and A.J. Styles disks but are they clipped at all?
Old 01-12-06, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bravesmg
IDid they limit the Christopher Daniels DVD to one single layer disc and only have 90 minutes or so available?
Back of the box has a run time listed of approximately 4 hours.
Old 01-12-06, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still planning on buying the Daniels dvd. A little clipping shouldn't bother me too much. The occasional clipping i noticed in Raven's Nevermore wasn't really bad at all. They were just cutting out the occasional part where he was starting to get a table out, and trying to get it into the ring or something. They left in all the quality stuff like The Franchise puking all over the place.

Now if TNA ever has to blur their logos out...THEN I'LL BE MAD.
Old 01-12-06, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Now if TNA ever has to blur their logos out...THEN I'LL BE MAD.
Point well taken, I was lucky enough to get most of the WWF non-blurred stuff when it came out. I only have to contend with the stuff they re-release, but I have most of it anyway. Is the clipping overly obvious in the Raven DVD? I think that bugs me more than even the blurring.
Old 01-12-06, 08:46 PM

I know TNA doesn't have the financial resources of WWE, but they just continually come off as bush league. All of the TNA DVD PPVs that I've purchased are on single layer DVDs, so they had to be put on two disks. Did they limit the Christopher Daniels DVD to one single layer disc and only have 90 minutes or so available? This is nuts, are they saving that much money not using double-layered disks? I was dying to get the Best of the X Division and A.J. Styles disks but are they clipped at all?
I only have the X-Division set and it didn't seem clipped to me. I watched most of the two discs and noticed nothing like any clipping.
Old 01-12-06, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is the clipping overly obvious in the Raven DVD? I think that bugs me more than even the blurring.
No not at all. It just has occasional little flash cuts and it skips ahead a few seconds. Like if someone was having trouble getting a table up into the ring or something, they cut that out sometimes. It doesn't hurt anything. its a great set!

But with Christopher Daniels set being only one disc, I wonder if they had to cut some of the actual action out of the matches. That was what i was worried about. I guess I'll find out.
Old 01-13-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No not at all. It just has occasional little flash cuts and it skips ahead a few seconds. Like if someone was having trouble getting a table up into the ring or something, they cut that out sometimes. It doesn't hurt anything. its a great set!

But with Christopher Daniels set being only one disc, I wonder if they had to cut some of the actual action out of the matches. That was what i was worried about. I guess I'll find out.
Yeah, please let us know. I'm more interested in the Daniels set than Raven, but I'll try to pick the Raven set up too and try to catch up on good past stuff I missed.
Old 01-13-06, 11:40 AM

Well,

I was dying to get the Best of the X Division and A.J. Styles disks but are they clipped at all?
These aren't cut. But the Daniels set is, which really sucks IMO. BTW, if you're a fan of the man, Ring of Honor has their own best of set as well.
Old 01-13-06, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SteveOVig
That sucks as I was planning on buying the DVD. They didn't do that with the previous four compilations they released, did they (I know the Best of the X-Division wasn't clipped)?
Depends what "Best of the X-Division" that you're talking about. Both that are out are called "volume 1." The first "volume 1" was the TNA website exclusive, which chronicaled the origins of the X-Division. On that DVD, the first "Ultimate X" match is severely chopped up. I don't know about the first mass-market "Best of" release. Despite it having totally different matches, it's still called "volume 1."
Old 01-13-06, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Depends what "Best of the X-Division" that you're talking about. Both that are out are called "volume 1." The first "volume 1" was the TNA website exclusive, which chronicaled the origins of the X-Division. On that DVD, the first "Ultimate X" match is severely chopped up. I don't know about the first mass-market "Best of" release. Despite it having totally different matches, it's still called "volume 1."
The only edits in the Ultimate X match, is when the belt kept falling off and they had to stop the match, put the belt back and restart.
Old 01-13-06, 09:08 PM

I was referring to the mass-market "X-Division" release that came out a couple months ago nationally.
Old 01-13-06, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cerial442
The only edits in the Ultimate X match, is when the belt kept falling off and they had to stop the match, put the belt back and restart.
But they didn't stop the match. The guys kept going outside of the ring, and there was some great action as the belt was replaced.