TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ABC's 'The Bachelor: Paris' thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-06, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
ABC's 'The Bachelor: Paris' thread

"Season Premiere"

The Bachelor is back, and for the first time ever, it's abroad in the most romantic city in the world! Dr. Travis Stork, a handsome 33-year-old ER doctor, may not speak fluent French, but his approach to meeting 25 beautiful women and attempting to discover if one them is the special person he has been searching for is strictly "ooo-la-la."

The Bachelor: Paris

___________________________________________________________________________________-

I had no intention of watching this, but the wife started it and, unfortunately, I was sucked in.

Allie, the oncologist who wanted to produce, was a gift that fell into the producers' lap - that bitch was crazy as hell...and stupid. Who says that shit!?! And it might have been, but the more they showed her - the scarier she became.

Glad to see that he picked the redhead.

I believe he picked:

Cole
Elizabeth:
Jehan:
Jennifer:
Kristen:
Moana:
Sarah B:
Sarah S:
Shiloh:
Susan:
Tara:
Yvonne:

Last edited by B.A.; 01-09-06 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-09-06, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Travis reminds me a little of Eric Mabius (of Eyes, The O.C., The L Word).
Old 01-10-06, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Most of the girls weren't very pretty. I would take a second look at maybe 5 of them. Funny how the gold diggers among them started lighting up when they found out he was a doctor. I'm really glad he booted:

What a psycho!
Old 01-10-06, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
Watched in FF just to see the chicks. The best-looking chick was easily the first one out of the limos. The rest were kind of meh - weaker crop compared to previous editions I've seen.

The chick with the biological clock ticking at the end was hilarious.
Old 01-10-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i liked the canadian (but there's a 10 year age difference) and Moana.

as for the reproduction girl... the producers had to have casted her as a crazy chick. and i bet they were hoping she would get to the next round just cause she was also a doctor. then the crazy would be in even more effect. but she screwed herself over with that "reproduction" talk.

loved how all the other girls who didn't get a rose were also making fun of her. Then she goes and confronts travis (VERY crazy, but i think he handled it well), and even bitches to a staffer? Crazy.

one of my friends is a resident (internal medicine) at Vanderbilt here in nashville as well. He knows Travis (not really well or anything). He was doing an oncall shift in the ER when ABC came to film Travis in his natural environment. He said he did everything possible that night to get in as many background shots as he could. unfortunately, he didn't make it on the show.

But I may have some inside info on who he picks. not necessarily who, but a possible hint. I won't post it (even spoilered), since it's the first episode, and I don't want someone to click on it accidentally.
Old 01-10-06, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The first one out of the limo was gorgeous (Susan?) and I'm willing to bet she will be the one to make it to the end. The redhead with the red/maroon dress was attractive too. Anyone notice how Travis held out his hand as if to say "this is the way out bitch" to that psycho chick? Line of the night has to be "My eggs are rotting....", that had me rolling in laughter.
Old 01-10-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't believe she is a doctor. The level of composure she showed is exactly what I am looking for in someone who may be slicing me open.
Old 01-10-06, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i couldn't tell if he was reaching out his hand to show her the way out, or to awkwardly touch her on the shoulder, in a "hey, sorry about that" type of gesture.
Old 01-10-06, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
I can't believe she is a doctor. The level of composure she showed is exactly what I am looking for in someone who may be slicing me open.
lol first thing i thought too - shes horribly immature and taking her anger of the world out on the bachelor. she thinks shes perfect and has been shot down by numerous guys in her past (hmmm wonder why...psycho!) and thinks its just happening again. yet none of it (to her) is her own fault.

cant believe shes a doctor.
Old 01-10-06, 07:55 PM

Yeah, the oncologist totally made herself look like a mad bitch mad at the entire world. She's not only physically unattractive, but has no personality either. Glad she got booted. Best thing of all, she has to go back to work where everyone now knows she's a psycho bitch.
Old 01-17-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anybody catch it last nite? I'm liking the redhead the most as far as looks go.

That one chick, I think Yvonne is her name, is weird looking.

Why the hell did he keep Shiloh again? She looks worn out and about 10-15 years older than she really is.
Old 01-17-06, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
I only had the video on the 2nd TV. Saw that he picked that Brunette (first one of the limo, last one who got a rose last night) that I liked. The only looker in the bunch.
Old 01-17-06, 12:26 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man in 10 years time, everyone is going look back on this show and laugh. I can see this being featured in the a comedy show with all it cheesy dramatic music.
But some of the girls are really hot.
Old 01-17-06, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I only had the video on the 2nd TV. Saw that he picked that Brunette (first one of the limo, last one who got a rose last night) that I liked. The only looker in the bunch.
She is definitely attractive as well, but I get a high-maintenance vibe from her.
Old 01-17-06, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That Oncologist Whack-job made my spincter pucker!