Reload this Page >

Fear and Loathing in Las GameStop?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-08-06, 03:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pardon the pun, but in the past week, I've frequented atleast 7 GameStop's in my weekly DVD runs, all of which had an abundance of the OOP Universal release of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas". After the 5th store, my curiosity got the best of me and I HAD to ask, as I was able to nab 3 BRAND NEW copies of the movie, 3 opened but "new" copies, all with the bardcode punched/cut.

The surprisingly knowledgable clerk had told me that recently, GameStop had bought out some of the store stock of another electronics chain (didn't specify, perhaps Media Play?), and had been recieving shipments from their corporate warehouses of FALILV on DVD by the boatload, many of which were still sealed.

Anywho, for anyone who's looking for a cheaper, albeit obsolete to Criterion alternative for the film on DVD, GameStop is the place to go. $11.99 seems to be the going rate at their stores, and of course, YRMV. For everyone else, hope this was an interesting read.
Old 01-08-06, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was in a local Gamestop on Friday and they still had a B2G1 deal on used DVDs.
Old 01-08-06, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Funny you should mention this, I was at my local Gamestop last week browsing the dvds, and I noticed that the Universal version was there also, I didn't look at the price tag for it, but they also had the Criterion Collection version of FALILV, in really good shape to for just $12.99. I spent $30+ on this when it was first released brand new. Whoever buys this is gonna get a real good deal on a great film and dvd.