TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Biggest Loser: Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-06, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Biggest Loser: Special Edition

Anyone else watch the two hour special?

I liked both teams at first until jerky Red Dad started mouthing off about what a bad-ass he was and how the other team sucked at the challenges. He was mighty cocky about winning a take-home test by one question. So I immediately started rooting for the Blue team, who were just so nice and positive about the whole thing. I felt they could have used the $50K much more, if anything to pay for some of the mom's medical bills. They even mentioned how much they needed the money, where the Red team seemed like it was more about winning for them.

The Red daughter bugged me the way she spoke with her chin lifted up in the air. I would imagine going into the military might break her of that habit.

I truly was surprised Red team won because I thought the Blues got a much more favorable edit. The whole surviving cancer thing was just a much more compelling story than the other family missing their son who was alive and well. Even at the final weigh-in, Caroline seemed to gush more about the Blue team than the Red.

Why did they weigh Red dad second and not last? The other weigh-ins were daughter-mom-dad and then at the end they weighed him second. I thought they were setting it up to make the Blue team win, but by then showing the huge 89 pound weight loss of the Red Dad it really sucked whatever suspense there was when they went to weigh the mom. Of course she lost more than 28 pounds! I am pretty sure the producers weigh the people before the show so they should have already known this. If they were going to change the weigh-in order, they should have done it to increase suspense; if not, they should have just left it in the same order.

Even though the Blue team lost, they looked much better than the Red team. Unlike the Red team, it didn't look like the Blues had much more weight, if any, to lose. They just must not have had as much weight to lose, so I don't think they could have done any better. Blue mom losing the weave was probably worth at least a couple of pounds.

I was surprised when they showed Blue Mom going for her 3-month cancer-free check-up. It was surprising that it was all so recent and I wondered if the doctors had okayed her going on this radical fitness program. I am sure the weight loss is great for her health and all, but I would think most medical professionals would be cautious about three-hour workouts for a woman who recently lost a kidney.

It's good to know that what is really hindering my own weight loss is the lack of brand-new appliances. That seemed pretty random. I thought the Blue team's kitchen would have looked nicer with the stainless steel that the Red team got. The black appliances with the black tile looked kind of meh.

I guess these people did not actually need their living rooms? Where did their couches and stuff go to make room for the gym equipment?

Why did Bob say that Blue Dad mentioned at the ranch that he wanted to start a walking club at work, but when they filmed him at the office, some other lady said "Let's start a walking club" like it was her new idea?