Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Is my computer good enough to run Battlefield 2?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-06, 01:23 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been wanting to buy Battlefield2 to run on my PC. The only problem is that my PC doesn't quite meet the required specs.

The games requires a P4 1.7 ghz processor, 512 - 1 gig of RAM:

What I have is:

P4 1.6 ghz
512 megs or ram
Gforce 3 128mb video card.

I'm guessing I should be okay, but thought I'd check with you guys first.

Thoughts please
Old 01-02-06, 05:31 AM

The processor speed is insufficient - a 1.7GHz+ CPU is required (It might still run on a 1.6GHz CPU, however)

512mb is, at the very least, the minimum amount of ram required. A gig of ram or more is highly recommended.

The video card is the biggest factor in being able to run the game. A certain pixel shader version is required with your video card to play the game.

Unfortunately, since you have a Geforce 3, there is no way that you'll be able to run the game. Users with Geforce 4s cannot even run the game. An Nvidia Geforce 5700 series is required
Old 01-02-06, 12:44 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks DonkeyKong
Old 01-03-06, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DonkeyKong
The processor speed is insufficient - a 1.7GHz+ CPU is required (It might still run on a 1.6GHz CPU, however)

512mb is, at the very least, the minimum amount of ram required. A gig of ram or more is highly recommended.

The video card is the biggest factor in being able to run the game. A certain pixel shader version is required with your video card to play the game.

Unfortunately, since you have a Geforce 3, there is no way that you'll be able to run the game. Users with Geforce 4s cannot even run the game. An Nvidia Geforce 5700 series is required

I have a socket A 1.1 ghz processor with a geoforce 5600 fx and 1 gig of ram and it runs BattleField 2, a little slow to load the games but once in on the lowest graphic settings it runs well. I would upgrade to a full gig of ram and give it a shot...
Old 01-03-06, 07:48 PM

The game will still run, like ShadowHawk2020 has stated. Even though the requirement is a geforce FX5700 -- I know people who can still run the game using a Geforce FX5200. If you have a very fast processor and a good amount of memory, it can help to offset the lower-end video card that you may have. However, you will still probably have to run all detail settings on low.
Old 01-03-06, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DonkeyKong
The game will still run, like ShadowHawk2020 has stated. Even though the requirement is a geforce FX5700 -- I know people who can still run the game using a Geforce FX5200. If you have a very fast processor and a good amount of memory, it can help to offset the lower-end video card that you may have. However, you will still probably have to run all detail settings on low.
The game is still very fun in low settings