Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

My gamecube memory saves lost due to theft...

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-21-05, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Earlier this year, my gamecube deck, wavebird receivers, and two memory cards were stolen by our movers when we relocated. I bought a new 'cube and memory card, but I was wondering, aside from playing through the whole game again, is there a way to get saves on a memory card? I remember the ps1 and the n64 had "dex drives" available allowing you to download saves from the internet and put them onto memory cards. Is there anything like this out there for the gamecube?

Last edited by andrew_randy; 12-21-05 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-21-05, 11:11 PM

http://gamecube-saves.com/

Try there. Also, search google for "Gamecube Saves". Some other links come up that will help.

DW
Old 12-21-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts
Did you try getting them back from the movers? I would have kicked some serious ass.

If my wife let me, that is. ( )

Old 12-22-05, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
If my wife let me, that is. ( )
Nice.

Man, that sucks. I thought I was being overtly paranoid when I wanted to move all my gaming stuff and DVDs by myself when I moved in October. I did have some things "disappear" when the apartment below me burned down a few years ago and they finally let me back into my place to get my stuff, but the apartment made the contractors pay for it. It was pretty sweet, an old DVD player, an old DJ audio mixer and a digital camera.. none of which I really would have missed but I got $600 out of it.
Old 12-22-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't want to take this completely off topic, but the mover issue is timely for me. I moved 1.5 years ago and just unpacked my pre-lit Christmas tree for the first time (didn't do anything last year), and the idiot movers CUT all the wires for the lights.

Amazing. I gave these guys some XBOX controllers as a tip too. I want them back!

As for the lost saves, it sounds like a great excuse to play through some good games again. Still annoying though I'm sure.