Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

The Office - Season 1 $13.99 (American NBC Version)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-05, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not bad at all:

http://entertainment.circuitcity.com...id=MHV28506DVD

Last edited by ylomnstr; 12-12-05 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Wrong title
Old 12-12-05, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The AMERICAN Office...just to clarify.
Old 12-12-05, 07:51 AM

will that work instore as well? i'm not sure how circuit city pricing works. i'd pick it up on my way home if it did! if not, maybe a PM at Best Buy?
Old 12-12-05, 07:56 AM

Not sure. I ordered that and 40 Year Old Virgin - Unrated. Got them both for about $30 shipped (free s&h for orders $25 and up)
Old 12-12-05, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vballboy51
will that work instore as well? i'm not sure how circuit city pricing works. i'd pick it up on my way home if it did! if not, maybe a PM at Best Buy?
Yes, that's the in store price as well. It was advertised in this week's ad. Thinking of picking it up myself, but might wait for season 2 to come along.
Old 12-12-05, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked it up yesterday ... the only copy on the shelf.
Old 12-12-05, 10:20 AM

I picked this up yesterday also. There was only 1 copy left after I picked up mine.
Old 12-12-05, 10:26 AM

My Circuit City and Best Buy in Dayton sold out of all their copies yesterday, but I'm heading to Columbus this afternoon, so hopefully one of the 3+ BBs or CCs will have them. Wal-Mart will be my last resort. =p

+Danny
Old 12-12-05, 10:58 AM
Premium Member

Received 692 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by +Danny
My Circuit City and Best Buy in Dayton sold out of all their copies yesterday, but I'm heading to Columbus this afternoon, so hopefully one of the 3+ BBs or CCs will have them. Wal-Mart will be my last resort. =p

+Danny
Beavercreek Best Buy had several of them yesterday.
Old 12-12-05, 01:48 PM

at the end of a CC tv commercial for the 40 year old Virgin they also said "pick up The Office season 1 for $13.99"

I wonder how much season 2 will be since it is a full season not just 6 episodes.
Old 12-12-05, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I might have to pick this up at this price. I was going to wait for season two to be released because there is a possibility that they will combine season one and two into one set no?
Old 12-12-05, 02:51 PM

I'm going to get it on Thursday (That's payday) along with the 40 Year Old Virgin. What a great price.
Old 12-12-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
I was going to wait for season two to be released because there is a possibility that they will combine season one and two into one set no?
I wouldn't count on that. They are separate seasons, after all.
Old 12-12-05, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Family Guy, Three's Company, and other shows where the first season only contained few episodes were combined with the longer second season into one set.

Despite that fact though, I'm not counting on it, like you said.
Old 12-12-05, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
Family Guy, Three's Company, and other shows where the first season only contained few episodes were combined with the longer second season into one set.

Despite that fact though, I'm not counting on it, like you said.
Ok, which of those had a season 1 release followed by a combined season 1 & 2 release?
Old 12-12-05, 06:00 PM

Ok. Seasons can be combined into sets by the manufacturer, or by the reseller. While there is very little history of season 1 + 2 combinations by the manufacturer after an s1 is already available (although the BBC Office (1 and 2 had each been sold individually, and then were combined into a set that also included the christmas special, which I still haven't seen, since I refuse to double dip on those sets) is a notable exception), reseller combinations happen all the time. Even if there won't be a season 1 & 2 pack made available through various resellers, I see a very good chance of a "buy season 2, get season 1 at a big discount" when season 2 is released. No telling if it would be a better deal than $13.99, though. I wasn't able to really get into the US series, but if I liked it, I'd probably go ahead and spring the $13.99 for it.
Old 12-12-05, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok, which of those had a season 1 release followed by a combined season 1 & 2 release?
Three's Company

EDIT:

Nevermind. I was mistaken. The first and second seasons were simply offered in a bundle, not in one seperate set like I had imagined. Therefore, I guess your question still remains...

Last edited by HE Pennypacker; 12-12-05 at 07:05 PM. Reason: correction
Old 12-12-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by guessed
(although the BBC Office (1 and 2 had each been sold individually, and then were combined into a set that also included the christmas special, which I still haven't seen, since I refuse to double dip on those sets) is a notable exception).
actually, you can order "The Office Special" by itself
Old 12-12-05, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by nothingfails
actually, you can order "The Office Special" by itself
I know, but it is just too expensive as an individual purchase. By itself, it is more than half the price of the complete collection.
Old 12-12-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Gonna quote myself here because I said "separate seasons" which really doesn't justify where I was going with my original thought.

When I first posted that I had many more lines talking about the upcoming half-season release of Battlestar Galactica 2.0 and how some people were assuming that there'd eventually be a full season 2 set in addition to two separate halves though there's been no official talk that I'm aware of towards that conclusion. Still, that being "one season", I could see happening more than a repackaging of a season 1 that has already been released with season 2 just because it was short. I took all that out because I thought I was going way off topic at the time.

Now, if they come back and release a full series collection ala the UK Office, Buffy, Friends, Combat!, etc, then that's a different story, but you'll be awaiting a looooong time for that (hopefully, it is a good show after all )

My original intent was "I wouldn't count on them combining them when season 2 is released." There is always the chance of that or a season 1 discount if bought with season 2, but it is a gamble. Me, I think I'll be taking the $14 guaranteed deal right now

Last edited by pinata242; 12-12-05 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-13-05, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by guessed
I know, but it is just too expensive as an individual purchase. By itself, it is more than half the price of the complete collection.
Regardless of price, reselling, renting, whatever, you really should at least see the Special, as it ends the series rather nicely. Right now, it's like you've seen the first 2/3 of a story and aren't seeing the last 1/3.

As for combined season releases, so far only The Office UK and Three's Company have been listed where the first season was later combined with the second season. All the other releases, Family Guy, Seinfeld, Titus, The Critic, and others were released as combined sets from the beginning, with no separate season 1 preceeding these releases.

I think the possibility of S1 of the Office US being combined with S2 when it's released is therefore highly unlikely.
Old 12-13-05, 07:59 AM
CTH

I decided to order The Office and The 40 Year Old Virgin online. I hate shopping for DVDs at CC. In my experience if you dont get there first thing in the morning they are usually sold out. Not to mention the way they organize their DVDs leaves a lot to be desired. Unfortunately The Office is backordered. Since I dont normally order from CC is it safe to assume that they will wait until The Office is back in stock to ship both DVDs as opposed to shipping seperately?

Edit: I just recd my answer via e-mail.

We would like you to know that your order has shipped!
All items were shipped unless noted in the BackOrd column below. Items on backorder will follow.

Ordered Shipped BackOrd Title
1 0 1 OFFICE: SEASON ONE
1 1 0 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN

Last edited by CTH; 12-13-05 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-13-05, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by CTH
I decided to order The Office and The 40 Year Old Virgin online. I hate shopping for DVDs at CC. In my experience if you dont get there first thing in the morning they are usually sold out. Not to mention the way they organize their DVDs leaves a lot to be desired. Unfortunately The Office is backordered. Since I dont normally order from CC is it safe to assume that they will wait until The Office is back in stock to ship both DVDs as opposed to shipping seperately?
No because I ordered them both also, and I got a shipping confirmation for 40 Year Old Virgin already, and it says The Office is backordered.