The West Wing - "The Wedding" - 12/11

Old 12-11-05, 09:08 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
The West Wing - "The Wedding" - 12/11

"The Wedding"
Spoiler:
Bartlet tries to deal with a rapidly disintegrating international situation as his daughter's White House wedding gets under way; Josh struggles with dwindling campaign funds and ad purchases.
Old 12-12-05, 12:57 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Some funny bits with the Pres but other than that a lackluster episode. This was the first episode that the story at the WW was more intereting then the campaign
Old 12-12-05, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing was interesting this episode. And Josh rambling numbers about just confused me. Couldn't keep up with the stuff we was jammering about, I can understand why it could give someone a hard time.
Old 12-12-05, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,094 Likes on 791 Posts
Too bad Ellie's sisters couldn't make it to the wedding.

Josh has been portrayed as a doofus in other episodes, but this time out it seemed to me that the problem was lack of money, not a lack of "strategery".
Maybe the Santos campaign would be helped if the popular sitting POTUS did (I don't know) anything at all to help.
Old 12-12-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
I was really hoping Leo would tell Santos that the reason they were losing was because he was the most boring Presidential candidate ever, but I keep forgetting that in "West Wing World," this guy is supposed to be the "clear choice".

I keep giggling whenever they mention how "great" Santos did in the live debate (epsiodes that were obviously filmed BEFORE the debate), when we all know Alda kicked his ass.
Old 12-12-05, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Haven't watched it yet. Is it worth it? Is it all inside-the-WH stuff or is there some campaign stuff mixed in?
Old 12-12-05, 12:15 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Mostly WH stuff with some campaign stuff mixed in
Old 12-12-05, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I keep giggling whenever they mention how "great" Santos did in the live debate (epsiodes that were obviously filmed BEFORE the debate), when we all know Alda kicked his ass.
As was discussed in the debate episode, I think Santos does win on content. The only reason it looked as if Vinick wins is because MASH's acting is so much better that NYPD Blue's.
Old 12-12-05, 10:47 PM
Banned

So WHEN Santos wins the election, will The West Wing: The Complete Seventh Season be found in the Sci Fi section?
Old 12-13-05, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Democrat who has no chance in California, is down in Illinois and needs to win Texas? It would have to be "twilight zone" when Santos wins.
Old 12-13-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
As was discussed in the debate episode, I think Santos does win on content. The only reason it looked as if Vinick wins is because MASH's acting is so much better that NYPD Blue's.
Yes, but as Sen. Kerry will tell you, NO ONE wins elections on content these days! It's all about how personable you are and if the voters can relate to you....
Old 12-13-05, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I love electoral math. However, even in a contest between a California dream Republican and a Texas Democrat, I find it hard to believe that Illinois wouldn't at worst be in play from the start for the Democrat. Illinois is a Dem stronghold.

I think they should have used Ohio as the 'comeback' state - it would be much more likely.
Old 12-13-05, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Too bad Ellie's sisters couldn't make it to the wedding.
yeah, wtf was their explanation for that?
Old 12-16-05, 07:02 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts
I'm bumping this so not to spoil the thread about John Spencer.

Where can they go now with the WW. Surely they have at least the next 3 or 4 eps in the can, and ready to air, but this is a VP gone, and its even more tough to figure when they were trying to get Leo to start running the campaign more.

It would seem to give the edge back to Alda, I'm sure while the writers and team are very sad for his loss, that they are now scratching there heads with where to go with the show. I know we all assumed this season was the last.
Old 12-16-05, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, it's not a well kept secret that
Spoiler:
Sam Seaborn
is returning for the final episode, so perhaps he'll be the new VP running mate.

It's also not a well kept secret that all involved were pretty much planning on this being the last season of the show. With Spencer gone and Sheen out after this season, I think they should definitely decide to end things.
Old 12-16-05, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
so, will leo die of a heart attack?
Old 12-16-05, 09:11 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

One of the writers on tvguides site wrote last week that NBC had decided this was going to be it, they just hadn't announced it so I doubt it will change their plans for the election.
Old 12-16-05, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
One of the writers on tvguides site wrote last week that NBC had decided this was going to be it, they just hadn't announced it so I doubt it will change their plans for the election.
Well this whole season was built on choosing a successor. If theyre not bothering with another season or a [lowbudget] spinoff at least, then why spend so much money and hype on getting big stars for the candidates?
They had to have considered that the show was going to try and move on without the original cast.

But if it does become an official cancellation then what would it matter if they never show who will be the next president. The characters were only on for a year, so the audience isnt really invested on either of them winning or losing.

I cant remember, in the last premiere with the flashforward 3 years ahead, did they show Leo with the other staff?
Old 12-16-05, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Quick question:

At the beginning of this season, they did a Flash Forward a few years after the election. We didn't get to see who the President was but the cast had gathered together for some reason (something to do with Bartlet's Library or something?). We find out what's been going on with everyone since they left the White House.

Was Leo there for that gathering? I can't remember.
Old 12-16-05, 11:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Leo wasn't there
Old 12-16-05, 11:37 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Here's the story from tvguide minus the spoiler I took out

Question: Please give me some scoop on The West Wing. — Emily

Ausiello: Oh, and the show isn't returning next year. Nothing official from NBC yet, but reliable sources tell me it's all over in May.
Old 12-19-05, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrX
Leo wasn't there
According to this article, he was...which makes things more difficult for the writers (personally, I'd go back and remove him and then use the edited or re-shot versions for any repeats or DVD versions)

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/1...eut/index.html
Old 12-19-05, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
For the Lazy:

Another complication for "West Wing" writers in dealing with the real-life drama of Spencer's death from a heart attack at age 58 is the fact that his character was seen in a flash-forward sequence set three years in the future in the sixth season "West Wing" opener that aired in September. (In an eerie life-meets-art parallel, Spencer's character suffered a heart attack last season but recovered quickly enough to take on a bruising presidential campaign.)
Old 12-19-05, 01:05 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I'm getting a torrent of the episode now to double check but I'm positive Leo wasn't there. Charlie, Kate, Will, Toby, CJ, and Danny were and then Josh came in at the end.

Unless
Spoiler:
Leo's the president
Old 12-19-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrX
I'm getting a torrent of the episode now to double check but I'm positive Leo wasn't there. Charlie, Kate, Will, Toby, CJ, and Danny were and then Josh came in at the end.

Unless
Spoiler:
Leo's the president
Here's the "television without pity" recap of the opening, Leo isn't mentioned.

And then Jed walks up to some of the old gang. We see Danny (standing with his hand on C.J.'s back), C.J., Toby, Kate, Charlie, and Will. Not only have clothing styles not changed, but every character (other than Jed) has exactly the same hairstyle as in the present. C.J. greets Jed with a kiss on the cheek, and we learn that she's living in Santa Monica. Jed looks at C.J. and Danny and tells them that Abby wants a picture of the baby. Danny points out that he emailed one, but Jed wants one that he can stick on the refrigerator. Jed greets Toby, who thanks Jed for the invitation. Toby is apparently teaching at Columbia University. Or running drugs in Colombia. Or maybe he's playing forward for the Fighting Gamecocks at the University of South Carolina (in Columbia, natch). Any of those could be true from the context. Jed has read Kate's recently published book, but Charlie dismisses the book as a load of hogwash. Charlie also congratulates Jed on something he recently did in Jakarta. And Will is now a member of Congress. And that's the wrap-up on "Where are they now."

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.