Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Northen Exposure: Season 4 ----> 3/28/2006

From dvdactive.com:

Title: Northern Exposure
Starring: Rob Morrow
Released: 28th March 2006
SRP: $59.98

Further Details:

Universal has officially announced the fourth season of Northern Exposure which stars Rob Morrow, Janine Turner and John Corbett. The three-disc set will be available to own in shops from the 28th March, and should set you back around $59.98. Each of the season four episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame, along with English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo tracks. English, French and Spanish subtitles will also be provided. Extra material is expected to be included, although Universal has yet to confirm what it will be. We'll bring you the full list of disc specs, and the official package artwork, shortly. Stay tuned.
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...exposure8.html
Old 12-05-05, 02:25 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
When this series first came out I was ecstatic. When I received the first season I was disappointed because of the price and they were 2 sided (DVD-18) disks (I have a multi-disk player). Added to my disappointment was the screwed up disk that was labeled wrong. After watching it and getting replacement disks I was happy but every time I opened the box and saw the disks I became disappointed again. I bought season 2 when it came out and again was disappointed at the disks and price. But this time after watching it there was something wrong that I couldn’t put my finger on.

THE MUSIC! They changed the music on certain episodes. I do not mind music changes unless it is done on shows or movies where it is an important aspect of the viewing experience. That was the nail in the coffin for me. I will not buy an NX DVD’s and am going to sell the sets I have on ePay. Because of these DVD’s I am cautious about buying TV DVD’s now. I want Miami Vice. But if the music is changed forget it!
Old 12-05-05, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The storys are what count for me... granted I saw maybe two or three episodes of "Northern Exposure" when it originally aired, but since I was too young, I never watched the show. This is the only way I've ever known the show, so I'll continue my collection.
Old 12-05-05, 03:25 PM

Personally, I feel if that since the artist or label gave the movie maker permission to use the song in the first place, then it should ALWAYS be the right of the moviemaker to release that movie AS-IS. This is bullshit that they have to "renegotiate" for music rights.

The original releases of Breakfast Club and 16 Candles were screwed up this way too. Then when they released the Special Editions, they advertised "Now with Original Music!" Oooooo - like that's a selling point. Might as well say "With original actors' voices!"

Last edited by masetodd; 12-05-05 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-05-05, 07:42 PM

The original releases of Breakfast Club and 16 Candles were screwed up this way too. Then when they released the Special Editions, they advertised "Now with Original Music!" Oooooo - like that's a selling point. Might as well say "With original actors' voices!"

Lol... with movies it is ridiculous

And I didn't know that... im glad I never bought the original releaes then.
Old 12-05-05, 10:15 PM

Original actors' voices...

Originally Posted by masetodd
Might as well say "With original actors' voices!"
Wasn't that a selling point of Mad Max, as well as West Side Story?

Just saying, we're already through the looking glass.

Will S4 bring back the parka? Or at least label the spine of the slipcase?

CS
Old 12-06-05, 07:16 PM

re: "Will S4 bring back the parka? Or at least label the spine of the slipcase?
"

See for yourself!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4639
Old 12-06-05, 08:17 PM

Lol... ya the no labeling on the spine for season 3 confused me...
Old 12-06-05, 08:41 PM

This is some weird mutant offspring of the previous two packaging designs. Is it a side-loading slipcase made out of the soft parka material, or just cardboard with a photographic image of the parka on it?

Either way, I miss the zipper.

No Zipper = No Sale!

There's something wrong with me, I know.

CS
Old 12-06-05, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Buggers to all the haters...

I'll be getting this and loving it as much as the other seasons!
Old 12-06-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BasiaMille
This is some weird mutant offspring of the previous two packaging designs. Is it a side-loading slipcase made out of the soft parka material, or just cardboard with a photographic image of the parka on it?
Looking closely at the picture, I'm pretty sure the parka is only a graphic effect. Kind of weird that they didn't think to do that with the third season set.

Also, you can probably count on some music replacement with this one, too. With so much music in all of the episodes, odds are they couldn't get the rights for everything. I'm just hopeful they don't replace the really important musical cues on my favorite episodes ("Inchworm" in "Nothing's Perfect" being the most important one to me).

Still, all things considered, I love this show and I'll be buying. Hope the Universal DVD-18 problem doesn't rear its ugly head here.