e.r. - 12/01/05

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
e.r. - 12/01/05

"I Do"

Spoiler:
Upon returning from Iraq, Gallant surprises Neela with a request to bring their relationship to the next level; tensions between Kovac and Clemente rise as the two men vie for the same job.

Cast: Mekhi Phifer, Maura Tierney, Linda Cardellini, Goran Visnjic, Parminder Nagra, Shane West, Scott Grimes, Laura Innes, Sharif Atkins, John Leguizamo.
Producer(s): John Wells, Michael Crichton, Neal Baer, Jack Orman.

Original Airdate: December 1, 2005.

E.R.
Old 12-01-05, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
er -- "I Do" -- 12.01.2005

ah...i'm used to no one starting the thread for ER until I remember to do it RIGHT before the show starts or DURING the show...

well, it's weird...this wasn't that bad of an episode [DEFINITELY better than the season premiere], and it was good to see Gallant, but immersing myself in seasons 3 & 4 made me see the dropoff that everyone talks about. Not necessarily where the characters are concerned, but how they handle 'em [ie the "shotgun" wedding for Gallant/Neela, Carter's "sendoff", etc..].

Also [watch ER late nights on the weekends reminded me] whatever happened to Coop? Did they ever explain where he went? Or what happened to him? Did another helicopter fall and I missed it?

Last edited by Rogue588; 12-02-05 at 03:08 AM.
Old 12-01-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I enjoyed this episode for all the character interactions.

Kovach and Clemente going overboard to be agreeable with one another was funny.

Who knew Morris could bring some game to the ER, showing up Weaver in the process.

Not all that crazy about Pratt's volunteen subplot.

Clemente's response to the HIV+ mother who wouldn't let the doctors treat her son with a dangerously low immune level was pretty human. That's always a tough situation when the parent's consent requires overcoming personal beliefs.

So Gallant and Neela finally get it done, even though Neela needing some time to warm up to the idea of getting hitch on the day of being proposed to.

Kovach and Abby have some dynamite on-screen chemistry. Not only does he get the ER Chief job, he's gets Abby for the evening. Had to chuckle at Clemente "bowing" out of the running for the ER Chief job. Riiiiighht...
Old 12-01-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Gallant better be coming back for good
Old 12-01-05, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
oh
aids mom was a dumb bitch
too bad she isn't the one with pneumonia
Old 12-01-05, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can see them sending Gallant to an army base for a while, and Neela would stick around Chicago for the time being.
Old 12-02-05, 01:13 AM
Banned

They won't bring Gallant back as a regular? Then again, they're 0-for-2 with doing that with characters and not giving them a damn thing to do after they return (Susan and Jing-Mei).
Old 12-02-05, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It depends on whether Atkins can work a deal, and make it work within ER if he's to come back. I'd hope this isn't the way to have Nagra leave the show because I like Neela as a character.
Old 12-02-05, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Patman
I enjoyed this episode for all the character interactions.
same here

Kovach and Clemente going overboard to be agreeable with one another was funny.
Abby: "While you two guys were jerking each other off, she was bleeding into her brain."

Who knew Morris could bring some game to the ER, showing up Weaver in the process.
Not only that, but are they trying un-dickhead Morris? Last night he almost came off as a *gasp* likeable character.
Old 12-02-05, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, between Morris and Weaver, it's pretty much a toss-up.
Old 12-02-05, 03:51 PM

The reception scene with Morris & Weaver featured some of THE worst "drunk acting" I think I've ever seen. Rent some Dean Martin roasts and study Foster Brooks, for cripes sake.

I hope Pratt sticks around, because if he doesn't and Neela leaves the show, then I'm done with it for good. Neela's the ONLY reason I still watch.
Old 12-05-05, 03:33 AM
Banned

I kept wondering where I saw the mother who didn't believe HIV led to AIDS before. Turns out she's on the Santos campaign in The West Wing. Her line of thinking makes so much more sense now.
Old 12-05-05, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Again...

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Also [watching ER late nights on the weekends reminded me] whatever happened to Coop? Did they ever explain where he went? Or what happened to him? Did another helicopter fall and I missed it?
Old 12-05-05, 07:39 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Terrible episode I thought, but I generally only like the ones with a lot of medical drama and don't care for the ones that focus a lot on the doctor's personal lives.