Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Trauma Center: Under the Knife

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-05, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trauma Center: Under the Knife

I feel weird making a new thread about this but I can't find an existing thread on this game.

Anyway, I'm having a hell of a time with one of the uh... 'levels' and I was hoping someone could help me out. I checked on gamefaqs but there are no walkthroughs that go past chapter 1.

Stop reading here if you don't want to ruin anything:

So I'm on Chapter 5, where you are travelling around the town curing the GUILT patients. I'm on the guy that contracted the airborne GUILT from Africa. The one with the little thorns. I was able to get past this in Africa, but I'm not sure how. I just don't understand how this is supposed to work. It seems like no matter what I try, everytime I pull away one of the membrane tissues, more seem to regenerate. I'm sure its just something simple that I'm doing incorrectly.

Anyone been through this part that can help a brotha out?

Thanks!
Old 11-28-05, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This might help you

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/650/650210p1.html
Old 11-28-05, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is a great game, but I got up to the same chapter as you (5-3), got incredibly frustrated, and haven't gone back to play the game in weeks. I understand the concept of how it works (for a good explanation, check the first post here: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=24113769) but I just can't seem to beat the level. I'll probably give it another shot sometime soon, but it's a real bitch of a level.
Old 11-28-05, 12:49 PM

I love this game! The final couple of stages are the closest I've ever come to throwing my DS on the ground and smashing it though. It's nothing that a little practice can help with.

oh yeahhhh the Tetarti GUILT was a real pain in the ass. I got lucky the first time I had to do it, I didn't really figure out how it worked but managed to complete the surgery anyway. I later found out after reading up about it is that:

If there are 2 needles next to each other when you remove a piece, the GUILT will multiply and spread. The thing that makes really tricky is that it's two thorns ANYWHERE in the infected area, not just next to the one you're removing. This adds a lot of pressure on top of a normally difficult surgery because you need to evaluate and cut fast in addition to keeping the vitals up.

The way I did it was use the Healing Touch and then pull thorns like crazy, once they're all out just use the scalpel to cut the GUILT and remove them ASAP. You can cut multiple triangles and pull them all out at once. You should have enough time, might take a few tries though. Yeah i know, it's kind of messy, i shouldn't be a surgeon .
Old 11-28-05, 02:29 PM

Heh wow! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having such a problem with this. I was sure I was just stupid. Thanks very much to everyone above for your help. Now that I understand whats going on, I'm sure I'll be able to beat it.

GREAT game by the way!!!!!

I <3 My DS.
Old 11-28-05, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
I love this game as well. I am only on Chapter 3-6, since I have not played in a while. The game was starting to frustrate me (in a good way!! haha), so I put it down and hope to jump into it again sometime soon
Old 11-28-05, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also stopped playing because it got too difficult. It has been well over a month now.
Old 11-28-05, 07:14 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've got Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, but still need to pick up Trauma Center.
Old 11-28-05, 09:26 PM

I was able to finish 5-3 with your guys' help. Basically, if you use the Healing Touch, its incredibly easy. I think the whole thing took me about a minute to complete.

Yeah I can't wait to play Phoenix Wright. I'm playings Trauma Center first because I'm slightly more exicted to play the other. I like to save the best for last. But I am LOVING these unusual games!
Old 11-28-05, 09:56 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Those games were what made me decide to get a DS. How could you not want Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney? I just picked up Metroid Pinball DS the other day, it's quite good.
Old 02-14-07, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm having troubles with Chapter 2 Episode 4 patient Mario Kovac with the multiple aneurisms. I cannot for the life of me beat this part..

I get to the part where you have to go into the "Healing Touch" or "Neo" mode but they just explode to dang fast..

Tips? Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind.. I was forgetting to bring his vitals up with the green stuff (medical term). I just beat it..

Thanks anyways.

Last edited by tbird2340; 02-14-07 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-14-07, 11:01 AM
Suspended

I still haven't picked up this game, but I mean to. I have already completed the Second Opinion on the Wii.
Old 02-14-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
I still haven't picked up this game, but I mean to. I have already completed the Second Opinion on the Wii.
I got stuck in chapter 5 of the DS version and called it quits. I have a Wii now and was thinking about getting Second Opinion.
Is the game easier on the Wii? I loved the DS version, but just found it too difficult to complete.
Old 02-15-07, 08:40 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by darkside
I got stuck in chapter 5 of the DS version and called it quits. I have a Wii now and was thinking about getting Second Opinion.
Is the game easier on the Wii? I loved the DS version, but just found it too difficult to complete.
I don't know if it is "easier" as I have not played the DS game. Some of them were pretty hard. If it is a challenge, then I definitely want it.
Old 02-15-07, 09:03 AM

they're both easy, to be honest
Old 02-15-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by darkside
The DS version of Trauma Center is one of the few games that frustrated me to the point where I just traded it away. At first it was the second mission with those triangle thorns you had to remove in the right order. I think I finally got past it, but a few levels later I got stuck again and gave up.

Thankfully, the Wii version lets you choose your difficulty, including a new easy mode. You can play through on normal mode until you hit an operation that you can't beat, then toggle it to easy just for that one level. After you beat it, you can jump back to normal for the next operation. It's much less frustrating this way. The Wii version also adds a few new operations that make better use of the Wii remote's motion sensing, so I would definitely recommend it.