Search this Thread

Old 11-27-05, 04:01 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Desperate Housewives - "That's Good, That's Bad" - 11/27/05

"That's Good, That's Bad"
Spoiler:
George stalks Bree, despite her efforts to break up; Susan tries to begin a relationship with her father; Carlos is paroled from prison and returns reformed.
Old 11-27-05, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Well, this ep. seems to be a step in the right direction. Nice to see them give the two that bring the funny consistently, Gaby and Lynetter, the spotlight.

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN

Glad to see they're getting rid of Lynette's boss and, it seems, George as well(I couldn't tell if he was out of it or dead, but I think it must be the latter.). I also noticed that the man in the basement storyline was absent as well. I am wondering if the bit of him being taken into custody last week is the last we might see of that storyline.
Old 11-27-05, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, two annoying characters gone. Hopefully.
Old 11-27-05, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am sad to see lynette's boss' cleavage go.
Old 11-27-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How did Goldfein survive his dump off the overpass by George?

I was so hoping to see just a little bit of Krazy Kimberly(tm) when Bree takes the elevator up to George's hotel room. So she's just going to let the psycho die, hope she remembered to wipe the door handle clean...

The nun-vs-Gabby is a little creepy, that nun is quite the passive-aggressive-self-righteous-piece-of-work. "I've got God on my side. Bring it on." Heh.

Lynette's subplot for really drastic really fast. Not sure if I like how it unravelled.

Susan's subplot with meeting up with her biological father was almost a blip w/r/t the rest of the subplots.
Old 11-27-05, 10:07 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Loved Bree with the shotgun. I guess we will see if she let George die or they just didn't show her calling the ambulance.

Gabby vs the nun should be fun.

Didn't care for Lynette's stuff this week.
Old 11-27-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
So she's just going to let the psycho die, hope she remembered to wipe the door handle clean...
I doubt the police would dust for prints at a suicide. I'm glad Bree finally found out the truth. She's coldblooded.

Susan's plan took a nasty turn, didn't it? Instead of a warm cuddly response from Daddy, he turned out to be an asshole. Of course, she's not done yet.
Old 11-27-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Well, this ep. seems to be a step in the right direction. Nice to see them give the two that bring the funny consistently, Gaby and Lynetter, the spotlight.

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN

Glad to see they're getting rid of Lynette's boss and, it seems, George as well(I couldn't tell if he was out of it or dead, but I think it must be the latter.). I also noticed that the man in the basement storyline was absent as well. I am wondering if the bit of him being taken into custody last week is the last we might see of that storyline.
It's [spoiler]TEXT[spoiler]

the second spoiler should be /spoiler (but if I do that, then it will spoil the instructions, ironically

No reason not to do it right
Old 11-27-05, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I doubt the police would dust for prints at a suicide. I'm glad Bree finally found out the truth. She's coldblooded.

Susan's plan took a nasty turn, didn't it? Instead of a warm cuddly response from Daddy, he turned out to be an asshole. Of course, she's not done yet.
Now I don't have any illegitimate kids, but it's been 40 years. What reason or requirement is it for him to have ANY SORT of relationship with her? It was a mistake, and he made it clear that he wasn't interested in having anything to do with her.

I actually really don't like Susan's character. She's a wrecking ball.
Old 11-27-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice episode, and I agree that I will miss Lynnette's boss's cleavage.
Old 11-27-05, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
So she's just going to let the psycho die, hope she remembered to wipe the door handle clean...
Originally Posted by kevin75
i am sad to see lynette's boss' cleavage go.
I thought these things too. However, Lynette's boss is about to become a MILF and she was really showing...so I guess it was time. Hopefully, once she pops, she'll be back.

Oh, and I think Gabby needs to get her eyes checked. That nun was far from hot. In fact, she looked like a dude.
Old 11-27-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The show seems almost back on track.

Bree is as cold-blooded as George is/was a psycho. Hope he is not just asleep.

What is wrong with Susan this year, does she have to have everything her way?

Glad to see the boss back, maybe Lynette has really shot herself in the foot. Currie Graham has been busy this season, here and also on House.

Still not missing the Applewhite storyline, but I feel it will return.
Old 11-28-05, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Oh, and I think Gabby needs to get her eyes checked. That nun was far from hot. In fact, she looked like a dude.
agreed 100%. i said to my wife when it was on that they could have done a better job casting someone to sell the role of the "knockout" nun...
Old 11-28-05, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mkdevo
agreed 100%. i said to my wife when it was on that they could have done a better job casting someone to sell the role of the "knockout" nun...
That's what I said. Although maybe Gabby meant she was hot for a nun.

Plus, that chick had cankles. I need some definition in my woman's lower leg.
Old 11-28-05, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Not to worry, Bree has lived her life wiping the door handle clean.
Old 11-28-05, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Plus, that chick had cankles.
You beat me to it.

Where else is she from though? She looked familiar.
Old 11-28-05, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
I like that the show is moving forwarding with getting rid of Lynette's bitchy boss and crazy George in the same episode and not dragging everything out all season long.

As for Gabby thinking the nun was hot, a lot of women think the plainest-looking woman is beautiful. (The nun actually looked a lot like Renee Zellweger to me )
Old 11-28-05, 08:14 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Enjoyed last night's episode...Gabby and the nun should be fun to watch.
Old 11-28-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by dhmac

As for Gabby thinking the nun was hot, a lot of women think the plainest-looking woman is beautiful. (The nun actually looked a lot like Renee Zellweger to me )

Funny you say that since I've always thought Renee is the most overrated beautiful woman. Never understood the love for her.

The nun was certainly not hot. She looked like a ghost.

Anyhow, Gabby vs God should be entertaining. I'll take Gabby giving the pts.

at how the shrink survived being thrown off the bridge.
Old 11-28-05, 08:49 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This was not a good episode. Everything felt rushed. It seems they're trying to end old storylines and start new ones, all in one episode.

I think in the future, "Desperate Housewives" will be a textbook example of a show that fell apart after it's first season.
Old 11-28-05, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
While the nun wasn't hawt, she had a pleasant, wholesome look about her.
She kicks ass for the Lord.
Old 11-28-05, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was going to post about the cankles also.

Agreed the nun is not "hot", but I guess it is relatively speaking. She is attractive for a nun so at least they were trying to be realistic. Kind of funny, Gaby in a showdown with a nun. I am not sure I am buying Carlos' sudden conversion though. It is not like he was a simple, wholesome man before he met Gaby.
Old 11-28-05, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
I think in the future, "Desperate Housewives" will be a textbook example of a show that fell apart after it's first season.
Kind of reminds me of Twin Peaks in that sense.

I wanted to hold off on being negative when the second season started. I felt it was too soon to jump on the bandwagon that always seems to hate a show after it becomes popular.

However, it's pretty apparent the writers have NO idea for a season-long story arc this year. Every week random things happen with no build-up, as if the writers just throw everything on the wall to see what sticks.

Carlos is suddenly out of prison? (I almost thought I missed last week's episode!) Weeks after the therapist is thrown to his death it is casually revealed he is still alive? Gabrielle's miscarriage was handled more for laughs in a prison visit with Carlos rather than the seriousness it deserved. (Especially since we were strung along wondering who was the father. Reminds me of when Moonlighting jumped the shark.) Why no follow-up to the gimp getting arrested? And what a wasted conclusion to the George storyline. (It had a promising start when he cleverly got Bree's son returned to camp - although this plot point never really developed after that. Then he takes the easy way out and just kills himself? What a nailbiter!)

I can go on and on.
Old 11-28-05, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm also laughing at the kankles. No way that nun was :"knockout", as Gabby put it.

Oh, and I would of let George die too if I was Bree. She looked great in that dress by the way.
Can't believe the Therapist survived.

Overall I liked this episode. Good stuff.
Old 11-28-05, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
I thought these things too. However, Lynette's boss is about to become a MILF and she was really showing...so I guess it was time. Hopefully, once she pops, she'll be back.
No joke! She was WAY pregnant!

Nice to see Paul Dooley still getting work - though that Susan/father storyline is the weakest of the bunch.

And while I find it hard to believe he survived, it is great to see "Ted"/Dr. Goldfarb is alive!

I'm guessing the Applewhite storyline has stalled because of the firing of the actor playing Kaleb. I'm guessing they'll wait a while for us to forget what he looks like before they reintroduce him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.