Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Perfect Dark Game Talk

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-05, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perfect Dark Zero Game Talk

Hey everyone while the release is just a few days away I thought maybe we could have a thread dedicated to PDz because it looks like most everyone who is buying an XBox 360 will be getting PDz as well.

I look forward to playing PDz on XBox Live with most of you here!

Old 11-16-05, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah I plan on pwning you in this game just like every other game we've ever played together it's gonna be awesome

and yeah I look forward to playing with all the other people here that I play on live with currently even the canuck I suppose
Old 11-16-05, 09:04 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*sigh*

No PDz for me.. not for a while..

But one day, oh yes.. it will be mine!
Old 11-16-05, 09:31 AM

Does anyone have a list of all the weapons and thier Secondary fire functions? I'm wondering if all of the weapons from the first one made it into this one, I've heard some of them have a third firing mode as well.
Old 11-16-05, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No PDZ for me either till probably Feb or so when i can afford the bloody system.

Granted, with my connection you guys might not want me playing it But if nothing else i'm at least amusing sometimes.
Old 11-16-05, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally Posted by kakihara1
Does anyone have a list of all the weapons and thier Secondary fire functions? I'm wondering if all of the weapons from the first one made it into this one, I've heard some of them have a third firing mode as well.

That's what I'm wondering. Honestly I haven't seen much in the terms of fan service about this game. Just about how different it is and the graphics and such. Nothing much about the story or, more importantly, the weapons.

I guess they won't really have the farsight if they don't have the aliens involved. Hopefully the Skedar weapons will make it back in. Double handed Maulers are way cool.
Old 11-16-05, 02:41 PM

After much digging around for weapons information this is all I was able to dig up. This is an exerpt from an article on Gaming Horizons. The full article = http://previews.gaminghorizon.com/me...45053.166.html

"Joanna will be packing more heat than ever in her latest pre-adventure, with new weapons and old favorites returning. Her arsenal will be comprised of a Laptop Gun, RCP 90, Super Dragon, KSI 74, Magsac, and 20+ other weapons. The Psychosis gun which turns enemies into allies will no doubt become a renowned curse and a blessing to the Perfect Dark Zero hardcore. For those who crave speed, Rare isn’t going to disappoint. Available in both single-player and multiplayer modes will be hovercrafts, motorcycles, and a new jetpack that’s equipped with an infinite amount of automatic machine gun ammo. And as if Rare read my mind to mitigate some of my gripes with Halo 2, you’re capable of holding four weapons at a time."

Seems pretty amazing to me that the game is launching tomorrow and there isn't more info on this.

kaki
Old 11-16-05, 02:49 PM

I really want this to be an awesome game. I'm hoping the coop mode and online play impress, but I haven't heard all the raves I expected.

Old 11-16-05, 02:53 PM

The co-op mode looks really good, on teamxbox.com they have a 4minute video on it, and that was great to watch.
Old 11-16-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shit, we still play co-op Perfect Dark on the N64 here. Been waiting for this a long time!
Old 11-16-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I pre-ordered but I have to agree with this, from IGN:

Not only that, but of all the 360 games debuting at launch, only Perfect Dark seems to have been kept from reviewers, and for unexplainable reasons. How can it not be done if it's launching in a week? Microsoft has got to be hiding something and I just don't think it bodes well for the game.
Old 11-16-05, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
I'll be picking this game up, hopefully before the week's over. Getting the game isn't an issue...I need to worry about getting my hands on a system on the 22nd. From all the videos I've seen, it looks like it has turned into a good game. I'll be the guy on-line throwing laptop guns all over the place.
Old 11-16-05, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally Posted by matome
Shit, we still play co-op Perfect Dark on the N64 here. Been waiting for this a long time!

Nice to know I'm not the only PD fan. Unfortunately I won't be getting a 360 at this point.

Hopefully, it won't disappoint but I'm somewhat doubtful. I mean there is so much riding on this game and MS has pushed Rare hard to get it out on time. There was a media blitz about it around mid-year and now that it is shipping there is zero info out there.
Old 11-16-05, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Late reviews do make me a bit nervous but I'm not expecting too much from this game. I think it looks good but I never played the first one until a few weeks ago so I'm far from a die hard fan.

It might be a fun game but people are really getting too worked up over this. After Halo 2 I will never get super excited about a game again because of the letdown I felt from some aspects of the game.

My buddy is pretty excited about co-op so we are going to play the hell out of this game.
Old 11-16-05, 09:04 PM

i've been waiting for this game a long time, it's been in development for like 8 years I think, and jumped 4 platforms (started on the N64, then went to Gamecube, then X-Box, now 360) to get here. The wait is almost over. I won't be getting it until next year though if I get a 360, but I loved the original.
Old 11-16-05, 09:43 PM
Mod Emeritus

I never played the original, what is the gameplay like compared to Halo?
Old 11-16-05, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gallant Pig
Different in many ways, both good in their own ways. Have you played the Timespltter Series at all? There is a strong similarity in how the original PD and the TS series plays.
Old 11-16-05, 10:13 PM
Mod Emeritus

TS gave me headaches. I was never sure why, couldn't play that game. Fun but too many headaches.
Old 11-16-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
I hope to get this game either this week or the days after launch. Is the limited edition really worth the extra 10 bucks, or is it like the Halo 2 tin (also with stacked discs ewww)

Wonder when reviews of this will be out.
Old 11-16-05, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gallant Pig
Very similar to Goldeneye, which would make sense since Rare developed Goldeneye also. It is mission objective based, not a kill anything that moves game. Lots of cool gadgets such as laptop guns, remote detonators, detectors, shoot through walls. I haven't played Halo all that much because I didnt care for it, but I'd say it plays pretty much the same except you don't have that energy shield thing and you can hold more than two weapons.
Old 11-16-05, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
I really hope PDZ is indeed awesome, but let's be honest here : Star Fox Adventure, Grabbed By The Ghoulies, Conker Live & Reloaded and Kameo don't really put Rare at the head of the innovation table so far, do they?
Old 11-16-05, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
I really hope PDZ is indeed awesome, but let's be honest here : Star Fox Adventure, Grabbed By The Ghoulies, Conker Live & Reloaded and Kameo don't really put Rare at the head of the innovation table so far, do they?
not since Nintendo pulled their "assisted development" from Rare when they were sold to MS. PD0 is supposed to be "the game" of the 360 launch, and perhaps more significantly show that the present Rare does not need daddy Nintendo to make a good game.
Old 11-17-05, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
not since Nintendo pulled their "assisted development" from Rare when they were sold to MS. PD0 is supposed to be "the game" of the 360 launch, and perhaps more significantly show that the present Rare does not need daddy Nintendo to make a good game.

I would also add that if this game doesn't deliver Microsoft got ripped off big time. Whatever happens Nintendo made out by selling when they did.
Old 11-17-05, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was a big fan of the mode in the original PD where one player played the hero and player 2 controlled one of the enemies in the level. It was just like the single player game but with one human controlled guard. If the guard died then the human player was zapped into the body of a different guard. It makes me think of the Matrix actually.
Old 11-17-05, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Puzznic
I would also add that if this game doesn't deliver Microsoft got ripped off big time. Whatever happens Nintendo made out by selling when they did.
Well, maybe. I tend to agree with you, but lets see what happens. Remember, Microsoft bought more then just talent when they bought Rare, they also bought a decent IP portfolio to games like PD, Banjo, Kameo, etc. Rare really needs to hit PD0 out of the park though to make it count.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.