Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Howard Stern InDemand

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-05, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howard Stern InDemand

Curious if anybody has checked this out.. I picked this up, being a pretty big fan and have mixed feelings.

It's cool to see and hear all the stuff norm censored, but most of the better episodes are not up yet imho. This really will be a nice channel when they start showing the Sirrius shows, however at that point it jumps from $10 a month to $13 I believe. There are prob about 25 shows at the moment, and they are suppose to add 10 a week I believe I read. Overall I'm happy with it, but not 100% sure about the price (it's fairly inexpensive but if/when I get Sirrius I don't know I can justify paying like $25 bucks a month toward Stern)

So anybody else add this to their cable and have any thoughts on it.
Old 11-21-05, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Is it on there now? Price isn't an issue for me.

I do plan on getting it. Even though I have SIRIUS, I don't know how much I will get to listen to him unless they rebroadcast the morning show throughout the day.
Old 11-21-05, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog

I do plan on getting it. Even though I have SIRIUS, I don't know how much I will get to listen to him unless they rebroadcast the morning show throughout the day.
Yes, it went live on 11.20th.

For more info or details if it's playing in your area check: Howard Stern InDemand
Old 11-21-05, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

On a related note, they had the Red Peters show on Friday night (on Sirius HS 100), not sure if it was a repeat of an earlier broadcast, but it was pretty funny, reminded me a bit of old school Dr. Demento...
Old 11-22-05, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Does this show up as its own OnDemand channel (like HBO and Showtime have) on your system?

I was looking at my Comcast OnDemand last night and it only looked like they had 3 episodes.
Old 11-29-05, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 248 Likes on 185 Posts
Anyone know if you can add and remove this channel at any time like you can with other stations and only pay a prorated cost?
Old 11-29-05, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
Anyone know if you can add and remove this channel at any time like you can with other stations and only pay a prorated cost?

It is a monthly subscription so I assume if you remove it half-way through a billing cycle, it would be prorated.

I signed up for last night. So much better with nudity. Picture quality was very good. Only complaint is that my Comcast OnDemand isn't what I would call user-friendly or fast. Too bad you can't record eps with a DVR.
Old 11-29-05, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You'd still be able to record episodes onto DVD's... with the episodes neatly stockpiled, I wouldnt see any reason to need to put it on DVR

If I was offered this (I am a dish man) Id wait for much more content before ordering, and probably wouldnt need it every month
Old 11-29-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Omg laughed so hard i almost cried at the sal and richard bannana thing. Artie drunk in vegas was classic loved actually seeing it. Cant wait to see more.
Old 12-01-05, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hoo Hoo Hoo. I Invented Indemand programing. tell em Fred.
Old 12-01-05, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by lewisb73
You'd still be able to record episodes onto DVD's... with the episodes neatly stockpiled, I wouldnt see any reason to need to put it on DVR
Don't have a DVD recorder. I have 3 DVRs.
Old 12-01-05, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much is it to subscribe?

I saw the individual shows were $8 a piece for 24 hours.

I wonder if these will show up on the torrents.
Old 12-01-05, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
How much is it to subscribe?

I saw the individual shows were $8 a piece for 24 hours.

I wonder if these will show up on the torrents.

$10/mo now. $13/mo in March or April - can't remember.
Old 12-01-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Me007gold
Hoo Hoo Hoo. I Invented Indemand programing. tell em Fred.
Me007gold, as a senior member you should know that threadcrapping is frowned upon here.
Old 12-01-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have Cox cable and it's not available in my area. Wussupwitdat? ...and I gloated to my Sat. friends.

I'd guess the content is like the Sirius content now. Basically filler, until the daily shows start.

Any petitions out there for those of us who have lame cable companies?
Old 12-01-05, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by BassDude
I'd guess the content is like the Sirius content now. Basically filler, until the daily shows start.

Not really. It is various complete E! episodes - uncensored.
Old 12-01-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not really. It is various complete E! episodes - uncensored.
Bummer..now I'm really bummed I'm missing it. I thought they couldn't show any old footage. Wrong again I guess...

(sting) I want my In-De-mand! (/sting)
Old 12-01-05, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I recently bought Sirius as well and want to know if they will be broadcasting the shows over the web. You can listen to some of the channels via their web page but can't find out if Howard will be available there. If so, I could listen at work.
Old 12-01-05, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by BDLOU
I recently bought Sirius as well and want to know if they will be broadcasting the shows over the web. You can listen to some of the channels via their web page but can't find out if Howard will be available there. If so, I could listen at work.

I believe only their music channels are available on the net.

No biggy for me - I have a home kit that I use with an old boombox at work.
Old 12-01-05, 04:47 PM

I'm enjoying the InDemand stuff...

There was one short of Sal and Richard fucking with Ronnie the Limo Driver, running around dressed as coboys and indians wearing thongs...

Some of the newer stuff, like Richard choking on Sal's banana and such was pretty funny too.

I signed up for the year. It was $99 through Comcast...
Old 12-01-05, 07:21 PM

Yeah, I'm enjoying it too. I believe I have roughly like 25-30 shows, listed currently.

I agree, the onDemand of Comcast stinks. I can't for the life of me figure out an easier way to get to the channel and navigate around.

My personal favorites so far are the skits with Sal and Richard, also loving the drunken artie stuff too, as mentioned above.

Good stuff, although I wish they would put together a few shows of just the uncensored parts.
Old 12-01-05, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
Good stuff, although I wish they would put together a few shows of just the uncensored parts.
Wasn't Howard "working on" a dvd of highlights or something like that a few years ago? What happened to that? Anyway, why should Howard give us the few minutes of nudity when a half-hour E-show can fill a lot of time, at least until the Sirius shows begin? I wonder if they will still have intern beauty pageants?
Old 12-02-05, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JamesBrian
Wasn't Howard "working on" a dvd of highlights or something like that a few years ago? What happened to that? Anyway, why should Howard give us the few minutes of nudity when a half-hour E-show can fill a lot of time, at least until the Sirius shows begin? I wonder if they will still have intern beauty pageants?
He abandoned the DVD project. He said it just didn't work. Because when you watched the highlights it was frustrating because it made you want to see the whole show rather than just snippets. Thats when he began offering the uncensored E shows on his web site in their entirety.

As for the intern pageants, those shows are always rather tame. As Howard is very protective of the interns and wont let them get naked even when they wanted to.
Old 12-02-05, 07:19 AM

I believe one of the intern beauty pageants is on the channel now I believe.

I would rather have the dvds personally, that is until the new Sirrius shows come out, then the channel will be gold.

I guess he loses interest in his projects, didn't he also talk about a cartoon called liked Doomsday or something he was coming out with (you could see a poster for it on his older shows). I know he's doing Howard Stern High School Years cartoon, but what happened to the other?