Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Curb Your Enthusiasm 11/20/2005

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-05, 02:14 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Curb Your Enthusiasm 11/20/2005

This has got to be one of the best Curb episodes in all 5 seasons. Up there with The Doll. I know I'll be using the big vagina hand signal from now on.

And having an Orthodox Jewish extended family on my mother's side, Larry playing an Orthodox Jew hit so close to home, I absolutely could not stop laughing.

A flawless episode.
Old 11-21-05, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,100 Likes on 796 Posts
I thought this episode was much better than some of the dreck we've been getting otherwise this season, but I also think the potential of the premise was wasted somewhat.

Larry and Susie prtending to be married, and an Orthodox Jewish couple on top of that, should have been absolutely fucking hilarious, but constructing that kind of farce isn't going to happen with an outline and improvisation.

After this many episodes, everyone watching knows the formula for the show, and can see many of the twists and turns coming, so just go ahead and write a script and bring the funny.

That's my .02 anyways.
Old 11-21-05, 04:10 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't think any episode this season could be considered dreck.
Old 11-21-05, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh pay no mind to them. There will always be someone who jumps in here saying "Worse episode of the season!" or similar claims of such.

I couldn't stop laughing at this episode. Oh man, Just like the rest of this season, I'm loving it.

I couldn't help by just lose it when Larry is just sitting on the ski lift and eats the undies and calls Lewis so casually telling him it's not going to work out. Oh so subtle and oh so great of a delivery.
Old 11-21-05, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,100 Likes on 796 Posts
Suprmallet said:
I don't think any episode this season could be considered dreck.
"The Christ Nail" was crap
And while no other episode this season was complete dreck, there have been repeated periods of dreckiness
--in particular in the eps: "The Bowtie", "Kamikaze Bingo" and "The Smoking Jacket".

Jackskeleton posted:
There will always be someone who jumps in here saying "Worse episode of the season!"
And there will be someone who always declares their love for that week's episode and proclaims that they laughed a lot.

I wish I were so easily amused.
Old 11-21-05, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
This episode was the best of the season. When the airbag went off, and the look on Jeff's face was hilareous.

The best line was when the Jewish Daughter was stuck with Larry on the ski lift, and the sun was setting and she said, "One of us has to jump." Larry replied, "What you are f****ing nuts!"
Old 11-21-05, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coli
The best line was when the Jewish Daughter was stuck with Larry on the ski lift, and the sun was setting and she said, "One of us has to jump." Larry replied, "What you are f****ing nuts!"
I just love the fact that you capitalized Jewish Daughter.
Old 11-21-05, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I disliked last week's but thought this was by far the funniest of the season--no beating on joke to death but rather a string of hilarious individual moments: the airbag, the undies, and the brilliant cellphone ringtone at the end. TOP NOTCH...
Old 11-21-05, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

CLASSIC! This season has had it's fair share of average episodes, but every few weeks there has been a gem, and so far this is the crown of the season... BRILLIANT. All the Orthodox jew and Larry doing yiddish stuff was hilarious, the airbag and of course, the big vagina... I haven't laughed that hard in ages...and even though you knew the phone gag was coming, it was still a great finish to the episode...

MATT
Old 11-21-05, 09:55 AM

Was there a reason this episode was 5 minutes longer? The couldn't fit it 30?

V <--- big vagina
Old 11-21-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

unless...

Old 11-21-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Why didn't they call somebody to rescue them?

Great episode. Probably my favorite since the carpool ep.
Old 11-21-05, 10:39 AM

Fantastic episode. What I don't get is why they didn't take advantage of an obvious and potentially hilarious joke: Larry should have changed his cell phone ring tone to 'hava nagila hava' (ala the Benadryl Brownie episode where Larry's cell interrupts the Christian prayer group with that song.) This would have been great because: 1) it would have referenced a previous episode, which they seem fond of doing this season, 2) it would have shown that he did that prior to meeting with Heineman to further give the impression of being an Orthodox Jew and 3) it would have been an even funnier way to end the episode with that ring coming from the big vagina!
Old 11-21-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
My favorite part was the look on Richard Lewis' face when Larry accused his nurse of hiding the baseball in her "abnormally large vagina" - and then, even though I saw it coming a mile away, the cel-phone ring...
Old 11-21-05, 08:01 PM

\/ is normal size
\ / is big
best ep since Krazee-Eyez Killa, which is funny b/c Krazee-Eyez loved eating the cooch
Old 11-21-05, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Without question this was the best episode of the (very disappointing) season. It's always good when Larry is having to cook up a scam of some sort.
Old 11-21-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
One thing that bothers me...how was that supposed to have ruined Richard Lewis' chance for a kidney...? Because Larry wasnt crazy enough to jump from 50 feet?!?
Old 11-21-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well he pretty much blew his cover in that scene, and the daughter was already suspicious of him. Obviously he expected her to tell her father what happened.
Old 11-21-05, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Susie is just a fucking fowl mouthed bitch, she is one of the best parts of the show!

I loved when the airbag went off, wonder if that was planned, it almost looked real like he didn't expect that to happen... funny stuff.
Old 11-22-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
"Methinks the lady doth protest too much"

and

"Get out of the fucking bed!"

Old 11-22-05, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess that I don't really have a problem after all and it's just that I've always dated girls and then married a woman with a really big vagina.

Easily the best episode of the season and one of the best of all time.

I like the nonsensical banter Larry does, like when they were riding up in the lift and Larry was just talking about sh*t that was completely pointless, but very funny.

It kind of reminded me of when Cheryl was driving Larry up in N. Cal and Larry starts talking about why there is no grape pie. "There's grape soda, there's grape gum, but no grape pie. Why is that?"

I love when he does that kind of stuff.
Old 11-22-05, 10:49 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
I loved the fact that even though Jeff/Cheryl/Suzie/David agreed to act as couples on the ski trip (for Richard of course) they were all, especially Cheryl, trying to screw David in some way. Asking about his college band in detail...and just waiting for him to screw it up.

Cheryl is a little bit too 2-d this season, but her facial expressions are just classic. Every episode there has been a moment where larry gets into a fight and she just stands there and listens. Always cracks me up. And in each episode larry uses one one line with a cuss word that always makes me rewind the TiVo at least three times. "What are you f****** nuts?"

\ /
Old 11-27-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

a few misc. avatars i put together yesterday, if anyone wants to use them: