Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Invasion 11/16/05

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-05, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Invasion 11/16/05

So the pod people appear to be re-constituted facsimiles of the original people. But Muriel can't quite access her inner alien as the other pod people can.

Why did Tom-pod lie about not seeing something in the water?
Old 11-16-05, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts
I don't know. I watch this show every week, and I have no idea what's going on yet.
Old 11-16-05, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why did Tom-pod lie about not seeing something in the water?
Maybe the conversion of Mariel didn't go just right and Tom feels the need to lie as Mariel still seems to be mostly human... or maybe she is the new and improved alien/human hybrid who is capable of acting more or less like regular people.

I really don't know either - maybe just to keep us watching and to have some on-screen conflict.
Old 11-16-05, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alien Plan for World Domination

Step 1: Kill a bunch of people.

Step 2: Create clones of the dead people that look and think exactly the same as the original people except sometimes they go kinda crazy.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: World conquest!
Old 11-17-05, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
I don't know. I watch this show every week, and I have no idea what's going on yet.
Sadly, I think I'm the same way.

So the "aliens" create a clone of a person that they snatch and then kill the original human.

I'm thinking that the sherif is an older version or something, like in Terminator 2. Mureal is like the liquid terminator.

That's about all I got.

Oh and that's funny Joe. Loved that episode.
Old 11-17-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Reminded me of the 70s version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, only underwater.
Old 11-17-05, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gave up watching the show weeks ago, but I still like to read the threads to see if I am missing anything.

Sounds like...not.
Old 11-17-05, 08:44 PM
Retired

That was a great episode IMO, with things finally picking up some.

I think Tom lied due to the reason the crazy girl told him he was not telling Muriel the truth...he's terrified of losing her. He doesn't want to accept that it really was her dead body in the water, and more importantly, he doesn't want her to believe it and is hoping he can convince her she was just seeing things.
Old 11-17-05, 10:25 PM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
I like how on this show they make it seem as if what you are watching is the most suspensful exciting moment ever to appear on a television screen and all they are showing you is someone looking at .....................

a glass of water! The horror!

Sometimes I actually feel as if what I'm watching really is terrifying. I guess the sound effects and editing guys get a big thumbs up because they really are making something out of nothing.

The blonde MILF playing Muriel the doctor/Mom/ex-wife is probably the best thing about the show. She really knows how to pull off creepy and yet somehow be incredibly beautiful at the same time. Great casting for her! Hopefully her career will survive the run of this series. Sad to see this week it looks like she is actually dead/reconstituted/body-snatched

William Fichtner comes off pretty creepy too but that could be said for any role he has been in.

This show is definitely a toss up for me still especially seeing Shaun Cassidy is the writer but its still better than any episode of Threshhold. Good for you Shaun!
Old 11-18-05, 01:15 AM

I ALSO had to kill someone after watching too many seconds of Street Smarts.
Old 11-20-05, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
tom's weird
sometimes he acts like he knows he's an alien, other times he doesn't
Old 11-20-05, 11:36 PM

why was he still scared when he saw the body in the water?
Old 11-22-05, 12:54 PM
Retired

I don't think Tom knows exactly what is going on, and wasn't expecting to see the body. Maybe he just thought the bodies get possed, not recreated or whatever?
Old 11-28-05, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts
Actually, when we saw the shot of Tom's body when he was pulled out of the crash, didn't he have all of those bites on him (similar to the Navy diver that died)? So it's possible that he was not "possessed" by swapping his body out, unlike the more recent "converts." I'd also think that the most natural think for Muriel to do would be to check if her body shows any signs of giving birth.

I like the idea that Tom doesn't know everything, but is desperately trying to take control anyway.

Oh, shoot, just realized the next episode already aired (I just haven't watched it yet).
Old 12-05-05, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig

Oh, shoot, just realized the next episode already aired (I just haven't watched it yet).
Same here. Actually I was 5 eps behind. I'm a sucker for alien tales however this series is so hot and cold. I find myself on the verge of yelling at the screen over the most counter intuitive and nonsensical actions these characters take. I was under the impression the sheriff had a handle on what was going on. Then it seems, according to the jailed chick, he hasn't much of a clue as to what is actually happening with them.

Obviously this show is not compelling enough to get me to watch it the week it airs but I guess it has enough of a "what's going on?" to keep me watching.
Old 12-05-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts
Originally Posted by maxpower
Same here. Actually I was 5 eps behind. I'm a sucker for alien tales however this series is so hot and cold. I find myself on the verge of yelling at the screen over the most counter intuitive and nonsensical actions these characters take. I was under the impression the sheriff had a handle on what was going on. Then it seems, according to the jailed chick, he hasn't much of a clue as to what is actually happening with them.

Obviously this show is not compelling enough to get me to watch it the week it airs but I guess it has enough of a "what's going on?" to keep me watching.
If it helps, I marathoned the last two eps (the ones after this one) and found that they advanced the plot a LOT more than the rest of the series... to the point that I'm actually a little anxious to see what happens next. Maybe it's because they pretty much jettisonned the kids for those two eps...