Search this Thread

Old 11-13-05, 05:27 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Desperate Housewives - "Color and Light" - 11/13

"Color and Light"
Spoiler:
Gabrielle revisits her past when old friends come to town; the Scavos learn more about their new neighbors.
Old 11-13-05, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I enjoyed Gabrielle's storyline tonite. Otherwise, awful episode.

So will Gabrielle have a miscarriage? I remember reading about Eva Longoria not wanting to wear a prosthetic belly prior to the season's start.
Old 11-13-05, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Marc Cherry was back and so was Desperate Housewives.
Old 11-13-05, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardW
Marc Cherry was back and so was Desperate Housewives.

Agree. You could tell this was a thowback to the good days of the show.

Was that man George murdered the detective investigating Rex's murder, or does George just randomly kill people?
Old 11-13-05, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Agree. You could tell this was a thowback to the good days of the show.

Was that man George murdered the detective investigating Rex's murder, or does George just randomly kill people?
Wasn't it Bree's therapist?
Old 11-13-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, I was glad to see Marc Cherry listed as the writer for tonight's episode.

Lynette's subplot was played up for good laughs. But I never need to see Larry Miller in boxers ever again.

Gaby had to feel the sting after she went to all that trouble to not appear pregnant, but was sussed out within moments by her former model pals. And then will this meeting with Caleb and her subsequent fall be the reason for a possible miscarriage.

Bree's subplot gave us even more sociopathic behavior by George who dispatched Dr. Goldfein with nary a hint of guilt, but with cold, steely resolve. Bree is going to be in for a nice about of shock once George's past deeds come to light.

The Applewhites finally make that real big impression on Wisteria Lane, whether or not the neighborhood knows it yet.

Susan's subplot was okay, a little predictable, but her daughter's reacton to finding mom and dad together in bed was entertaining. The plumber really is still mad at Susan.
Old 11-13-05, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by skatefan20
Yeah, I'm suprised they left it without resolution. Is he alive? Dead? What?
Old 11-13-05, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone else think that they dimly lit/hid Caleb's face when he was looking at Gaby late last week after the actor was fired?
Old 11-13-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The wife and I couldn't handle it anymore and we bailed after ten minutes...and everyone here thinks it was the best show of the season.
Old 11-13-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, i was wondering if caleb was the original or not.

i am hoping that the george/bree subplot will be wrapped up soon. it's getting kinda old. it will be nice to see bree go off on him.

and about bree's daughter in the bikini smoking the cigarette? don't i remember that she was some sort of good girl?
Old 11-13-05, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kevin75

and about bree's daughter in the bikini smoking the cigarette? don't i remember that she was some sort of good girl?

I think having your dad die, your brother shipped back to a reform school, and your mother dating a creepy guy could have a negative impact on you.
Old 11-13-05, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
all the shots of caleb were either out of focus or his face wasn't lit. of course, that's to be expected after the actor was fired. I think they edited/handled it fairly well.
Old 11-13-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

First of all, we need some screencaps of the Van de Camp girl in the bikini. Stat!

Secondly, Gaby probably will miscarry from the fall. We all knew it would happen. It was just a matter of when and how.

Third, goddamn George is a cold-blooded killer! Well, at least the therapist can concentrate full time again as Ted the Lawyer on Scrubs

Fourth, glad to finally see a Lynette storyline that doesn't involve the office. I'm not sure yet, but maybe we need an arc for Lynette instead of the conflict of the week? OR maybe there are too many arcs going on already.

Fifth, I'm pretty tired of the Susan/Mike story. Resolve that shit already.

That's about all I can think of for now. Otherwise, pretty good episode.
Old 11-13-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
all the shots of caleb were either out of focus or his face wasn't lit. of course, that's to be expected after the actor was fired. I think they edited/handled it fairly well.
Honestly, I think it could also be a red herring for Gaby to suspect Applewhite Jr.

This was a ep. Getting tired of George though. And figures, I finally like Gaby from something other than the way she looks in lingerie, and she'll probably have a miscarriage..
Old 11-14-05, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by skatefan20
Yep.

In the scene where George and Bree were talking after she walked out of the suprise party, she told him "I'm starting to think that it was a mistake rushing into this engagement", then "and I'm not the only one who thinks that, other people have said the same thing to me." (Geoge says something like "what other people? Andrew?), Bree replied "Dr. Goldstein, my therapist".

And yes, we could use some screencaps of Bree's daughter.

And that preview for the upcoming Lost episode looks great!

Last edited by Heat; 11-14-05 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-14-05, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Yeah, I'm suprised they left it without resolution. Is he alive? Dead? What?
Poor Ted! We never did get a clear shot of what was at the bottom of that gulch. If it's water, then maybe he survived. If it's ground, then he's probably dead. It sounded like he made a thud when he hit bottom. Oh well. As cliffzig mentioned, Scrubs starts airing again in a couple months, so I guess they had to let him get back to that.

Earlier this year, there was some talk about how it was uncertain whether or not George poisoned Rex. That we never saw him actually put the potassium in the medication. I think it's pretty clear now, though, that George is more than capable of that and won't let anyone stand in the way of him and Bree.

No, remember last year when Rex and Bree found the condoms and thought they were Andrew's, but it turned out it was the daughter's?

Last edited by TheBang; 11-14-05 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-14-05, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Earlier this year, there was some talk about how it was uncertain whether or not George poisoned Rex. That we never saw him actually put the potassium in the medication. I think it's pretty clear now, though, that George is more than capable of that and won't let anyone stand in the way of him and Bree.
I still say George didn't kill Rex. Was he capable of killing him? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean he did..

Rob
Old 11-14-05, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And I don't remember her having that body.
Old 11-14-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Honestly, I think it could also be a red herring for Gaby to suspect Applewhite Jr.
that's exactly what i was thinking..
Old 11-14-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Poor Ted! We never did get a clear shot of what was at the bottom of that gulch. If it's water, then maybe he survived. If it's ground, then he's probably dead. It sounded like he made a thud when he hit bottom.
There was definitely a thud when he hit the bottom.
Old 11-14-05, 11:50 AM

Pretty good episode, IMO.
I'm tired of the George/Bree thing too. I hope that ends. If not, I can see George tampering with Bree's birthcontrol so he can have the kids he wants and she doesn't....

Finally an episode where Teri Hatcher isn't completely annoying.
Old 11-14-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
oh, good point about the other son. gabby will probably think it was him.
Old 11-14-05, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Fun episode. Loved Gabby trying to get into that dress.

George was great. When he biked across that bridge, I thought he's going to throw the shrink over. Then I thought - no way - that is way too obvious. Then he did it - so business-like and matter-of-factly. Great stuff.
Old 11-14-05, 02:21 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
George pushing the shrink over was great

Susan continues to drag the show down whenever she's go screen.
Old 11-14-05, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RobCA
I still say George didn't kill Rex. Was he capable of killing him? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean he did..

Rob
How does George giving Rex the wrong LIFE SAVING medicine, leading directly to his death, not equate to killing him? I mean, he KNOWINGLY gave Rex the wrong drug, in hopes that he WOULD die.....

MATT

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.