Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Karaoke Revolution Party is Out This Week!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked it up last night! This game is ALOT better than the first one for Xbox(PS2 Version is available I think). The duet mode is so much fun and the sing off versus modes are just killer! My wife and I were doing the sing off versus mode last night and were almost in tears from laughing so hard! We were trying to sing HERE I GO AGAIN(Whitesnake)...boy did we really screw it up! But anyways... Lotsa fun though!

We downloaded the patches for the first Karaoke Rev game for Xbox and we noticed that those songs show up as DOWNLOADED and are available to use. But one thing bugged us. All of the songs that originally came on the first Karaoke Rev are now only available purchase on Xbox Live! So if you want all the old songs from the original Karaoke Rev you have to spend roughly $35($4.99 each song pack)to get all those original songs from the first game(plus the new download packs). This pretty much lets you combine both games into one but it's like you are paying for songs you already own.

But if you DON'T own the first one then doing all the upgrades is definitely worth it.

We are going to sell our old Karaoke Rev and keep the mic. The Karaoke Rev Party is worth the money if you are into party games.
Old 11-12-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I just picked up the first Xbox KR last week at Best Buy for $5, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. This should be good too.
Old 11-13-05, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by Drexl
I just picked up the first Xbox KR last week at Best Buy for $5, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. This should be good too.
How'd you get it for $5?
Old 11-13-05, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah I got it for PS2. Anyone try the sing and dance mode? It is so difficult but fun at the same time. My singing becomes so much worse (not that I'm good to begin with) because I'm focused on the steps.

Xbox would have been good for me, but I already own the other 3 for PS2.
Old 11-13-05, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
How'd you get it for $5?
They had it in a cart of 75% off games. They had the one with the mic too, but I already had the mic from the Music Mixer and the Live headset. The cashier said it was a great deal because they were 50% off the previous week.
Old 11-13-05, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just tried the Sing Off Knock Out Mode and that has got to be the coolest part of the game. Both players take turns singing parts of songs and if one falls too far behind on points they get KO'd! We had friends over and put it on random song selection and a song would pop up that NOBODY knew and we'd be humming and making up words just trying to survive and scrounge up whatever points we could....our vocal chords hurt right now!
Old 12-01-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,495 Posts
So what's the difference between the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube games? I notice that the Xbox one offers song downloads that you can buy off of Xbox Live, which has to be an exclusive. Anyone download any songs? Do the other versions have similar exclusives (like eyetoy support)?

I picked up the Xbox one, but I'm reconsidering, since the game won't work with my 360 anyway. I have all of the other PS2 versions as well as the first Xbox game, which I got in a sale.
Old 12-05-05, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I was thinking of picking this up this week. I see it comes with a mic, but where do you plug it in? Looks like some Christmas vacation fun...
Old 12-05-05, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by uteotw
I was thinking of picking this up this week. I see it comes with a mic, but where do you plug it in? Looks like some Christmas vacation fun...

which version?

The PS2 plugs into the USB port

The Xbox one plugs into the memory card port, like the Xbox Live Microphone. This means it is unusable with the Xbox 360 (besides not being on the BC list)

The Gamecube, I assume, plugs into the memory card port as well. I don't have it but I do have Mario Party, which has a microphone that plugs into that port (though I hope the cord is longer).
Old 12-05-05, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
So what's the difference between the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube games? I notice that the Xbox one offers song downloads that you can buy off of Xbox Live, which has to be an exclusive. Anyone download any songs? Do the other versions have similar exclusives (like eyetoy support)?

I picked up the Xbox one, but I'm reconsidering, since the game won't work with my 360 anyway. I have all of the other PS2 versions as well as the first Xbox game, which I got in a sale.
Xbox does have song downloads, but they are the same songs that you had already in the three previous PS2 versions. Not to mention, you need to pay to download new songs. PS2 has Eyetoy support which is kind of a cool feature. I created my face and it's really funny to see me out there singing. Or you can use the Eyetoy like a video camera to show yourself on TV with the other graphics. GameCube is just the basic game, but still good.
Old 12-07-05, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ah, so the songs on Live are just the old songs from the PS2 version? Not worth it then, especially because support for new songs is sketchy what with the Xbox 360 being out and all. I guess I'll return it for the PS2 version... eyetoy support isn't that important, but it is something.
Old 12-07-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
which version?

The PS2 plugs into the USB port.
That one. Cool. Thanks--picked it up today.