Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Incredible Hulk episode or movie question ?????

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-10-05, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was an episode (or maybe this was from one of the movies) but anyway, there was one where David was trying to rid the "monster" from him (I know, that's every episode) but anyway, there were these dream sequences of the Hulk in a desert with a giant net over him and each time he was able to escape (another was a glass room or something---also in the desert, I believe) they knew that the treatment wasn't working or taking. Anyone know which episode this is from? I think I remember a similar scene in Death of the Incredible Hulk or one of the other later movies where he's in a fancy lab and they tie him down to try to exorcise the monster, but it, believe it or not, doesn't work. Thanks for the help. I've been looking for a while but haven't found the episode.

Old 11-10-05, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts
The episode your referring is from "Married" from Season 1. It was a 2 hour episode. David travels to Hawaii and meets up with Mariette Hartley (she was nominated for an emmy for this episode) and I believe she's a clinical psychologist and learns David's secret and try's to help him rid himself of the Hulk through hypnosis. Those desert scenes are from the hypnosis sessions. They eventually get married later in the episode.

This episode can be found on Side B of the "Incredible Hulk Television premiere" DVD that was released a few years ago. It actually has audio commentary from creator and executive producer Ken Johnson. By the way, the commentary is awesome. I bought it a few weeks ago at Wal Mart for $4.88 (not sure if you'll find it now)
Old 11-10-05, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
I dunno about the answer to your question, but in that pic it looks like Lou is gettin' some from Conan's Masturbating Bear. I can just hear the Sabre Dance music now ...

Last edited by Toben; 11-10-05 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-10-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
The episode your referring is from "Married" from Season 1. It was a 2 hour episode. David travels to Hawaii and meets up with Mariette Hartley (she was nominated for an emmy for this episode) and I believe she's a clinical psychologist and learns David's secret and try's to help him rid himself of the Hulk through hypnosis. Those desert scenes are from the hypnosis sessions. They eventually get married later in the episode.

This episode can be found on Side B of the "Incredible Hulk Television premiere" DVD that was released a few years ago. It actually has audio commentary from creator and executive producer Ken Johnson. By the way, the commentary is awesome. I bought it a few weeks ago at Wal Mart for $4.88 (not sure if you'll find it now)

Excellent! Thank you very much! I haven't picked up any of the dvds yet, so I'll definately be picking it up soon. I remember those hypnosis scenes scared the crap out of me as a kid (I think I even had nightmares later in life along a similar theme). Anyway, thanks again.
Old 01-11-06, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

UPDATE (not that it matters)

I finally picked it up. Good stuff. I didn't remember all that "Me so sorry."-asian stereotype chit-chat that David did. That made the episode worth it alone. Plus the disco scene was top notch.

Last edited by dick_grayson; 01-11-06 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-11-06, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, Lou Ferrigno definitely looks like he's gettng violated by a tree in that pic.
Old 01-11-06, 11:07 PM

There was a 2-parter (i think) where the Hulk fought another Hulk or something like that... all I remember is that the "other Hulk" scared the hell out of me. I also remember, and I think it's from the same episode, the hulk being tranfered in this huge red dome-like thing. My mother had a piece of tupperwear that looked similar so I used to put my Hulk toy in it Anyway, is the "Hulk vs. Hulk" episode on the DVD?
Old 01-12-06, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts
There is a Hulk box set that Universal put out a couple of years ago. That Hulk vs Hulk episode is on there as well as the other episode your referring to called "Prometheus" which David was trapped in his "in between" Hulk states. Both were 2-part episodes.