Invasion -- "Fish Story" -- 11/09/05

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-05, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Invasion -- "Fish Story" -- 11/09/05

"Fish Story"
Spoiler:
Larkin survives a car crash that puts the fate of her unborn baby in question and is picked up by a man whose suspicious actions cause her to question his motives.

Cast: William Fichtner, Eddie Cibrian, Lisa Sheridan, Kari Matchett, Tyler Labine, Evan Peters, Ariel Gade, Alexis Dziena, Aisha Hinds, Joshua Gomez , Allan Louis.
Director(s): Rod Holcomb.
Producer(s): Shaun Cassidy, Lawrence Trilling.
Writer(s): Michael Alaimo, Juan Carlos Coto.

Original Airdate: November 9, 2005.
Old 11-09-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was this show new last week? Is it new tonight?
Old 11-09-05, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
last week they showed the PILOT episode. New Thread=New Show.
Old 11-10-05, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That may have been the episode that finally got me to quit watching this show. Larkin gets run off the road and they spend the entire episode searching for her. Did I miss something or did she actually leave the perfectly good radio behind in the car? She was trying to cut the seatbelt with a piece of broken mirror, while hearing her husband calling her on the radio that is barely out of reach, and then they come back from commercial and she's wandering around in the woods? I couldn't get past that for the rest of the episode.
Old 11-10-05, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was a truly wretched episode. I think I'm done with this show also.
Old 11-10-05, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I tried to watch this episode around midnight via time-shifting, but kept falling asleep, and then I'd wake up, thinking I'd missed something, so I did the rewind, but then realize I didn't miss much, and then I'd nod off again, and this cycle repeated itself about 5 times, but I somehow managed to make it through the episode, but there was so little meat to this episode, I don't know if I'll make it through next week's episode (but I'll catch that "live" because I did watch CSI:NY for the conclusion of the CSI:Miami crossover, that won't happen next week). So far, still a disappointing show.
Old 11-10-05, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Roto
That may have been the episode that finally got me to quit watching this show. Larkin gets run off the road and they spend the entire episode searching for her. Did I miss something or did she actually leave the perfectly good radio behind in the car? She was trying to cut the seatbelt with a piece of broken mirror, while hearing her husband calling her on the radio that is barely out of reach, and then they come back from commercial and she's wandering around in the woods? I couldn't get past that for the rest of the episode.

I couldn't understand that one either. Why didn't she just pick up the radio. That could of saved us about 30 minutes.
Old 11-10-05, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think they were trying to imply that she was running from the Air Force people, but they didn't do a good job of it. Right before the commerical break her truck was being pushed further into the water, which gave the impression that they were trying to kill her. I guess they couldn't figure out a solid way to get her out of the seat belt and away from the truck without grabbing the radio, so they just skipped it and hoped the audience was stupid enough to miss that little fact.
Old 11-14-05, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
What was the point of this episode? The guy that picked her up was hired by the sherrif to show her the squid, to keep her off the trail of the alien creature in the water, right? What, he couldn't have done that without delaying, pretending the car was broken down and destroying whatever credibility he might otherwise have had? Am I missing something here? Not to mention that her husband and brother are sure to ask her about that man, since he blatantly lied to them about her.

I know the other reason he had to pick her up was to get away from the CIA (or whatever) people. And I could maybe buy that he didn't know who Larkin and Larkin's brother were, and so lied to them to throw them off, thinking they were government. But then why abandon her when they're coming back to get her?

I hold little stock in what the previews show. This show has to have the most misleading previews I've ever seen...
Old 11-14-05, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
horrible show
so is larkin her first name or last name? it sounds more like a last name, but that's the kind of thing 20 year old guys do. Never seen a husband call his wife by her last name
Old 11-14-05, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I took this off season pass a couple of episodes ago....I was just checking in to see if I missed anything good...looks like I didn't
Old 11-14-05, 10:26 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like the show, but that was an awful episode.

None of it made sense. Why leave the radio? Why the complicated ruse by the fisherman?

Just full of non-sensical plot devices.

At least the preview looks like things will FINALLY start to pick up. But I'm not holding my breath as an earlier preview gave the same impression and that episode when nowhere.
Old 11-14-05, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, this episode was beyond ridiculous. This guy gives her (and us) the run around for the entire episode, and now she's just supposed to believe there's nothing out there except a squid just because the guy showed her one he'd caught? I'm sure the military's not in the habit of locking down an entire town and then setting up base outside the town because they want to check out some cool squid in the area.