Lost -- "Abandoned" -- 11.09.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-05, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Abandoned"

Spoiler:
Sawyer's wound becomes life-threatening as he, Michael and Jin make their way through the interior of the island with the tail section survivors. Meanwhile, Shannon is once again haunted by visions of Walt, and Charlie becomes jealous of Locke's interest in Claire.
Old 11-09-05, 01:10 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wonder how far they'll actually advance the story this week
Old 11-09-05, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Spoiler:
One of the main cast supposed to die in today's episode.
Old 11-09-05, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hope we get to see the two "tribes" actually get together.

Glad we get some more new episodes this month.
Old 11-09-05, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally get to watch it in HD.
Old 11-09-05, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is it just me or do these long waits between episodes just suck the energy out of this show.

After many of us just got through watching or rewatching the first season on DVD at our leisure, not having new shows every week is bound to lose viewers.
Old 11-09-05, 09:28 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by cdoug57
Hope we get to see the two "tribes" actually get together.
You mean a merge? Will they get new buffs and have to make a flag too?
Old 11-09-05, 09:37 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
You mean a merge? Will they get new buffs and have to make a flag too?

For those that complain about the long breaks between shows...at least we can still record them on our Tivos without having to pay $1 or $2.
Old 11-09-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Fok
Wonder how far they'll actually advance the story this week
I'm guessing not at all. My concern is that we'll be stuck watching another flashback that tells us nothing we didn't already know.
Old 11-09-05, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by auto
Is it just me or do these long waits between episodes just suck the energy out of this show.

After many of us just got through watching or rewatching the first season on DVD at our leisure, not having new shows every week is bound to lose viewers.
I considered stopping Lost right now and waiting until season two comes out, however that will be another 10 months. I still have interest right now between long breaks, however, after 10 months I may lose ALL interest. This is quite the dilemna.
Old 11-09-05, 12:55 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah this show is begining to lose it's appeal over the slowness of it all.
Old 11-09-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There appears to be a SPOILER in the picture at this link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...p-309733c.html
Old 11-09-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Shannon's wearing a really short skirt, what with all the falling, bending over, jumping, climbing, that goes on on the island. When will we see a flipped-skirt Shannon?
Old 11-09-05, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
I considered stopping Lost right now and waiting until season two comes out, however that will be another 10 months. I still have interest right now between long breaks, however, after 10 months I may lose ALL interest. This is quite the dilemna.
It's only going to get worse. According to the TV guy in the OC Register, Lost has one new episode scheduled between Nov. 30 and Jan. 11.
Old 11-09-05, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Aphex Twin
Shannon's wearing a really short skirt, what with all the falling, bending over, jumping, climbing, that goes on on the island. When will we see a flipped-skirt Shannon?
Not soon enough.

Originally Posted by Anteater87
It's only going to get worse. According to the TV guy in the OC Register, Lost has one new episode scheduled between Nov. 30 and Jan. 11.
If that's true, that sucks! I'd be surprised if this show stayed number one after a hiatus like that.
Old 11-09-05, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bahgee

That is a whopper of a spoiler considering events of the last new episode prior to tonight. Clickers beware!

Last edited by A-aron; 11-09-05 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-09-05, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by RichardW
If that's true, that sucks! I'd be surprised if this show stayed number one after a hiatus like that.
You're kidding me, right?

Come on. GO back and watch season 1! Revelations are SLOW! They have to be. The idea is it's an ongoing story, not a 24 hour movie! (Just because you can watch Season 1 that way doesn't mean that that is what it should be). Do you really want everything revealed? I know, waiting a week (or in this case 3) kills me. I felt that while the last new episode was a good one, it was a terrible one to leave me for 3 weeks (and originally wasn't supposed to). Tonight's episode SHOULD have been the one that left me wanting for a few weeks (go back and check your TV guides - it was supposed to air 2 weeks ago). I would LOVE for them to show a new episode everyday and be able to keep the story going and not have to patiently wait for the next revelation. But then what do I do on day 25? Wait a year?

Any TV show where you need to follow the ongoing episodes to keep up with the story are going to be revealed slowly. Deine Episodic serial for me. That's what you are watching. Take a show like CSI or L&O, sure, there are small things that progress that if you follow are built upon in each episode (Love stories, family issues, etc); but these are minor to the episode. In shows like LOST, 24, Alias, DHW... things happen throught the season that depend on you seeing a previous episode in order to follow. I don't tune in to LOST because it happens to be on. I tune in because I am dying to see what's next. It is insane to think that a show that stops running new episodes for a few weeks will lose much viewership. Yes, there will be some people that tune out. Producers of 24 realized this problem and start the season 4 months later in order to avoid breaks. Imagine if we needed to wait until January to see what was in the hatch!!

OH, and almost ALL shows take a December hiatus. generally 1 new episode before Christmas and the next new one the second/third week of January because of people not being home to watch. You have seen TV before, right?
Old 11-09-05, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardW
We are Americans... We follow what is "Trendy and Cool"

- oh by the way when is the Soprano's coming back on?.. That is the best show!
Old 11-09-05, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by achau9598
That is a whopper of a spoiler considering events of the last new episode prior to tonight. Clickers beware!
Spoiler:
Clicker's need not beware of that picture. It's wrong. Shannon is the one that goes tonight. And wait till you see how it goes down!
Old 11-09-05, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by bahgee

I kinda doubt this. Would it really have as much of an impact as Boone's death was supposed to? I only say supposed to because the lonnnnnnnnnnnng time between epidsodes killed any "emotional impact" it should've had.

Oh, and the fact that I don't want to see the person in that pic go.
Old 11-09-05, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeboo835
Finally get to watch it in HD.
Lucky you! My local cable company put up a notice stating that theres a problem with the transmitter at my ABC station (WKBW-Channel 7 outta Buffalo, NY.) and we won't have ABC-HD TV until sometime on Friday. So its regular TV for me for "LOST"/"Invasion". Now I just have to hope the power or the cable doesn't go out! (Pretty bad weather out there - tornado watch - so looks like WKBW will be having their oversize weather updates/maps of the area on the screen - covering up most of the action. Just do the damm scroll at the bottom with the picture "smaller" so we can see whatever Jin saids via the english caption. No need for a map of the area - we know where everything is!)

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 11-09-05 at 05:26 PM. Reason: I edited out the stuff about attending the hockey game. Dad isn't feeling that great so instead of going alone and driving in this crap, I decided to eat the cost of the two tickets - $20.
Old 11-09-05, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ha atleast your cable company has ABC in HD. My cable co, cox, is still "in negotiations" with the parent company of my local affiliate and they've been in negotiations for like almost two years. the result, no ABC HD for me and no FOX HD for the unlucky folks in RI (who's Fox station is owned by the same company). It's really annoying.
Old 11-09-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Booth
Clicker's need not beware of that picture. It's wrong.
Spoiler:
Shannon is the one that goes tonight. And wait till you see how it goes down!
I was referring to an object in the photo that was clearly shown in the last episode.
Old 11-09-05, 04:42 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

At least there's not too much romance in this series.
Old 11-09-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
ha atleast your cable company has ABC in HD. My cable co, cox, is still "in negotiations" with the parent company of my local affiliate and they've been in negotiations for like almost two years. the result, no ABC HD for me and no FOX HD for the unlucky folks in RI (who's Fox station is owned by the same company). It's really annoying.

I have the same problem with Fox HD through Cox in OKC. It is all about the local affiliate trying to get more money out of the cable company than the other stations are currently receiving, which would just jack up what they are paid and ultimately our bill.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.