Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

2 more seasons of Survivor for 2006-07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Will Jeff Probst return for Surivor's 13th and 14th seasons?
Yes: I think he'll return for both seasons
85.71%
Yes: He'll be back for the fall, then he's done
0%
Nope: He's done
14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-05, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts

From TV Guide's web site

MORE AND MORE SURVIVOR: CBS has ordered not one but two additional seasons of Survivor, to air during the 2006-2007 TV season. No destination locales were announced, but as the series continues on and on, it looks as if some remote sections of New Jersey may need to start being considered.

Now the question is will Jeff Probst be back?
Old 11-08-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Of course he will be back. Survivor and Jeff Probst go hand in hand. And he will never have another opportunity to make the kind of money he is making now.
Old 11-08-05, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
The show would die without Probst. The one person I would want to host if Jeff left would be Anderson Cooper. He was so good on The Mole that I think he would do a good job on Survivor.
Old 11-08-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I read, it is expected Probst be back for the 13th, but a former female survivor would take over as host as the 14th.
Old 11-08-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
From what I read, it is expected Probst be back for the 13th, but a former female survivor would take over as host as the 14th.
Well...which one?
Old 11-08-05, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts
It hasn't been decided yet. I don't think there are many former female Survivor contestants who are capable of hosting duties. Maybe Jenna Morasca? Since she co-hosted the Survivor internet talk show. Although I don't see her doing the play by play on challenges
Old 11-08-05, 12:30 PM

Link

'Survivor' Wins Reward of Another Year

(Tuesday, November 08 09:10 AM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "Survivor" has outplayed a slew of imitators in its five-plus years on the air and outlasted, at least to this point, a shift away from large amounts of unscripted programming on network TV. So CBS is granting the show immunity for another year.

The network has ordered two more editions of the series -- they'll be the 13th and 14th versions of the game -- for 2006-07. The current "Survivor," set in Guatemala, is now dominating its Thursday-night time period and ranks among the top 10 shows on TV this season.

"'Survivor' is that rare television breed -- a show with seemingly endless audience appeal," CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler says. "Part of that is testament to a concept with inherent drama that features different faces and places; the other part is the ability of [executive producer] Mark Burnett and his talented team to inject new ideas and new wrinkles to keep the format fresh."

The audience for "Survivor: Guatemala" is down about 1.8 million viewers compared to last year's "Vanuatu," but it's hard to say the show is ailing. It draws 17.6 million viewers per week and a robust 6.2 rating among the coveted adults 18-49 demographic, ranking seventh on all of TV in those measures.

One new wrinkle Burnett and Co. may have to inject into the game next year concerns its host. Jeff Probst's contract ends after the 12th edition of the show, which will air later this season, and both he and Burnett have said it's not a sure bet he'll return.

Burnett, though, doesn't sound like he's going anywhere. "'Survivor' has been, and continues to be, a wonderful experience for me and for my production crew, and that has remained unchanged since our beginnings," he says. "I look forward to continuing as part of the CBS family and keeping our loyal Thursday-night audience entertained and enthralled for many more years to come."

Sure the ratings are down a little this year. But look at the competition it is now facing. Joey is still there, but now there is The OC, Alias & Smallville and even Everybody Hates Chris.

So I really think this season is doing just as well as last season when you factor in those shows.

Chris
Old 11-08-05, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Well...which one?
Maybe he wants to hand over the reigns to his lovely girlfriend.

Old 11-08-05, 12:33 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sure what else is he going to do?
Old 11-08-05, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Fok
Sure what else is he going to do?
Well... it's been a few years since new episodes of Rock N Roll Jeopardy!
Old 12-09-05, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like he decided to stay after all:

Jeff Probst Signs New 'Survivor' Contract

Thu Dec 8,10:05 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Jeff Probst said he's decided that life without "Survivor" wouldn't be as much fun and he's sticking with the CBS reality series.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I was thinking about retiring and spending my time traveling to exotic locations around the world, meeting new and interesting people. Then I realized, uh, wait a second, I'm already doing that with 'Survivor' and getting paid for it, as well," Probst, 44, said in a statement Thursday.

He has signed a new multiyear deal, CBS spokesman Chris Ender said.

In October, Probst had said he was weighing whether to continue with the show. He's served as host since "Survivor" debuted in summer 2000 and his current contract was through the edition now in production.

Mark Burnett, the show's executive producer, welcomed Probst's decision to remain as host and producer, lauding his contributions to the "ever-evolving game" in which players face physical and mental challenges in a bid to win $1 million.

"I consider him a friend and look forward to continuing to keep 'Survivor' fresh with Jeff for many more seasons," Burnett said in a statement.

Last month, CBS announced that it will air the 13th and 14th versions of "Survivor" in the 2006-07 season.

That 12th edition, being filmed at an undisclosed location, is to be broadcast next spring. The finale for the current show, "Survivor: Guatemala," is Sunday, Dec. 11.
Old 12-09-05, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Glad to hear he will be back! Survivor wouldn't be the same without him!
Old 12-09-05, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Damn. No long-awaited "Rock N Roll Jeopardy" return in the future then.