Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Shadows Fall - "The Art of Touring" DVD

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-05, 01:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Shadows Fall Live DVD has been in the works for quite some time now, and has now come to fruition. Dropping 11/15, "The Art of Touring" makes its way on DVD.

Apparently, there are no specs as of yet. I've already preordered it for a mere $10.55, free shipping, at Deep Discount. If anyone's got any other info, feel free to share.
Old 11-07-05, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
It'd be nice to know the quality of the live portions. I'd rather not see something recorded on a handheld with crappy audio.

However, I'll probably be picking this up as I'm a pretty big fan of Shadows Fall.
Old 11-07-05, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by mndtrp
It'd be nice to know the quality of the live portions. I'd rather not see something recorded on a handheld with crappy audio.
Agreed. The live vids on the bonus dvd that came with War from Within leave a lot to be desired both in the audio and video departments. Hopefully this will be a bit more of a "professional" package. Shadows Fall is such an excellent band to see live, I really hope this dvd does them justice.
Old 11-07-05, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm there. I've known about this but just waiting for the date. thanx
Old 11-07-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to see a release date. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-08-05, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what date was the show taped? For their final stop on their past tour in sept. i was at that show, and i saw cameras there. ( i sure hope they also show, the singer from shadows fall coming out at the end of the Haunting set to perform a slayer song, with the sf singer doing a stage dive right over my head, and the entire floor spreading out for a mini mosh pit.
Old 11-13-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can anyone comment on the quality of the live shows presented here?

Edit: Ah hell. The website says 11/13, while all press releases say 11/15. Disregard my post for two more days.

Last edited by mndtrp; 11-13-05 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-17-05, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

After reading through the posts on Shadows Fall's forum, it would seem that the dvd isn't very good. Most people are complaining that the audio is terrible.

I'm glad I waited.
Old 11-17-05, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by mndtrp
After reading through the posts on Shadows Fall's forum, it would seem that the dvd isn't very good. Most people are complaining that the audio is terrible.
that's a bummer. i ordered it from DDD. only 7 something after the discount. will post thoughts on it when it gets here if someone hasn't beat me to it.
Old 11-17-05, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
what date was the show taped? For their final stop on their past tour in sept. i was at that show, and i saw cameras there. ( i sure hope they also show, the singer from shadows fall coming out at the end of the Haunting set to perform a slayer song, with the sf singer doing a stage dive right over my head, and the entire floor spreading out for a mini mosh pit.
are you referring to the show at the Recher Theatre in Towson, MD? i was there too. Seeing The Haunted w/ Brian do Slayer's "Reigning Blood" was sick. I like Shadows Fall and all, but the Haunted should of headlined imo.