Search this Thread

Old 11-06-05, 10:52 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Rome - "Triumph" - 11/06

"Triumph"
Spoiler:
Unanimously proclaimed Emperor by the Senate, Caesar pronounces the war over, and prepares for five days of feasting and games honoring his "triumph." No longer an enlisted soldier, Pullo eyes a pastoral future with Eirene; Vorenus runs for municipal magistrate, with Posca's help; Octavian retrieves Octavia from her self-imposed exile; and Servilia invites a revenge-minded Quintus Pompey into her home, to Brutus' dismay.
Old 11-06-05, 11:19 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This episode looks okay...for me to POOP ON!
Old 11-06-05, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which of these buttons calls your parents to come pick you up?
Old 11-06-05, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Titus Pullo has a hell of a temper. Just damn.
Old 11-07-05, 12:09 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Pretty good episode.

The outside shots of the ceremony were gorgeous.

Cassius makes his first appearance, nice bit of foreshadowing with the scene of Brutus and him.

Vercingetorix's execution and the ceremonial burning of the body were cool to see

Pullo has hit rock bottom.

Only 2 episodes left

Last edited by MrX; 11-07-05 at 02:15 AM.
Old 11-07-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Just think about being king of the Gauls, living in a really nice wood shed with a big chair in it in the midle of a muddy capital village...all of a sudden your whipped by some short haird dicks and dragged off to the most massive city you have ever seen, and executed in a ceremony that blows your fucking mind.

If that guy wasnt insane from the prison, he would have gone insane during the triumph.
Old 11-07-05, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had a feeling Pullo's slave girl would have a guy on the side somewhere. I guess the writers had to remind everyone that Pullo's a violent guy with a short temper.
Old 11-07-05, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by joefrog91
I had a feeling Pullo's slave girl would have a guy on the side somewhere. I guess the writers had to remind everyone that Pullo's a violent guy with a short temper.
Is that a short temper? I think the most telling scene was how he obviously related this girl to his mother (who was a slave and he didn't really know), and she was/is the only thing he has really loved and let himself love in his entire life. Finding out she loved someone else must have been crushing.
Old 11-07-05, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ovid
Is that a short temper? I think the most telling scene was how he obviously related this girl to his mother (who was a slave and he didn't really know), and she was/is the only thing he has really loved and let himself love in his entire life. Finding out she loved someone else must have been crushing.
OK, maybe short temper wasn't the right choice of words. Pullo has hit bottom as another post stated. His best friend has become a politician and the love of his life had a love of her own. I can't wait to see how Pullo's new job will affect his friendship with Vorenus.

Octavian really creeps me out.
Old 11-07-05, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by joefrog91
OK, maybe short temper wasn't the right choice of words. Pullo has hit bottom as another post stated. His best friend has become a politician and the love of his life had a love of her own. I can't wait to see how Pullo's new job will affect his friendship with Vorenus.

Octavian really creeps me out.
Actually, on a second watching, it certainly was a short temper, but one I do agree and think was brought on by his "bottoming out". Brutal! I think he is probably now the character I am most interested in seeing what becomes of him!
Old 11-08-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
I was wondering what happened to King of the Gauls. How long was he in the dungeon, several years I guess? I find it interesting that they defeated the Gauls in the first ep. and it took them so long to finally declare triumph, but I am guessing that includes the scuffles with Pompey and such.
Old 11-08-05, 10:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I believe it's written that he was a prisoner for 5 years.
Old 11-08-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I was wondering what happened to King of the Gauls. How long was he in the dungeon, several years I guess?
Five years.
Old 11-09-05, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Damn that was a great episode. It sucks that Im one of the few who watch this on Wednesday. By this time everyone is done talking of the ep and Im one of the last posters. lol.

Anyway, I cant blame Pullo at all for what he did. Life like that and to have that girl on your mind all the time to just find out shes with someone else. That sucks. I hated to see him and Vorenus fight too; theyre comradre is the best part of the show.

Next week looks great as Ive been waiting to see the galdiator fights since they were teased in the making of doc. And I cant wait for these DVDs!
Old 11-12-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wonder if the mobster is going to get Pullo to kill Vorenus as revenge before the show ends
Old 11-12-05, 07:34 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by al_bundy
i wonder if the mobster is going to get Pullo to kill Vorenus as revenge before the show ends
Speaking of the 'mobster', does anyone else remember that actor (Lorcan Cranitch) as Jimmy Beck from Cracker?
Old 11-13-05, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by al_bundy
I think it is a foregone conclusion that that is the path we are going down. I am just really hoping that Pullo does the right thing in the end.