'Fear' Strikes NBC in December

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-01-05, 11:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Link

(Monday, October 31 01:46 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Just when you thought it was safe ...
NBC's longest-running unscripted series, "Fear Factor," will return to the schedule in December. The series, which NBC held back from its fall launch, will take over the 8 p.m. ET Tuesday spot from "The Biggest Loser," which has its finale the final week of November.

"'Fear Factor' has virtually become a trademark series," says Curt Sharp, vice president for alternative programming for NBC. "It brings a loyal audience and should mesh well on Tuesdays at 8 after the success of ... 'The Biggest Loser' earlier this season."

The Tuesday timeslot is a change from the show's long-time Monday home. NBC has plugged "Surface" in the 8 p.m. Monday spot this season and had moderate success, although that show's ratings among adults 18-49 (which NBC uses to gauge success) haven't reached "Fear Factor's" average of 4.2 last season.

The new season, "Fear Factor's" sixth, will feature a new team designing the show's stunts. The crew's credits include "Kill Bill Vol. 2," "Minority Report" and "The Matrix Revolutions," and executive producer says the new episodes "have exceeded our own expectations."

Spoiler:
A multi-episode arc this season will feature several teams of reality-TV stars -- from such shows as "Survivor," "American Idol" and "The Real World" -- and an episode filmed at the "Psycho" house and Bates Motel sets at Universal Studios in Los Angeles.

The show will also incorporate a "Home Invasion" segment, in which host Joe Rogan travels to viewers' homes and challenges them to complete a stunt, with a $5,000 prize at stake.

When it announced its 2005-06 schedule last spring, NBC held back "Fear Factor" and "Scrubs" as replacements for later in the season. "Scrubs" is in production on its fifth season, but the network hasn't given it a home yet.

It will be good to watch this mindless entertainment. And with a hiatus of 6 months, it should be fresher than usual.

Chris
Old 11-01-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder what kind of silly lawsuit we'll see this year.. I'll be cool to see what kind of new stunts the new team comes up with ..
Old 11-01-05, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

Could care less about the first part mentioned in the spoiler though..
Old 03-30-06, 10:19 AM

Joe Rogan is on the Kevin & Bean Show on KROQ 106.7 in Los Angeles right now and he says that he doesn't think that Fear Factor will be continuing past the 13 remaining episodes that will be shown in June, July & Aug.

He said that he thinks it is time to put the show to bed. I agree, it was fun to watch all these years, but just like every show that has aired on tv, after the 4th or 5th year, the show is just the same and becomes a shell of its former self.

Well, I enjoyed the show and look forward to seeing the remaining 13 episodes this summer.

Chris
Old 03-30-06, 10:40 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The delay and time slot shift KILLED this show. Even last season it was a pretty good ratings earner, then it just died when it came back. One of the swiftest dropoffs I've ever seen. The new 'home invasion' segments were pretty lame as well. I still enjoy the show, but I'm also not too terrible upset it'll be gone.
Old 03-30-06, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I watched the show when it first came on, and last year I got caught up in a multi-episode competition of couples, but it certainly has worn thin. Like Joe Rogan's hairline. Hah! Zing! See you in the Octagon, sucker.
Old 03-30-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

As for it ending...I disagree. But what do I know? I'm sure there are those who think Deal Or More Deal is infinitely more entertaining..
Old 03-30-06, 07:45 PM

They should have a event where you have to grapple Joe rogan and win like this guy did

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a556pUcVg...ch=JOE%20ROGAN
Old 04-29-06, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm posting this here since its the newest thread relating to Fear Factor.

I just saw this clip(thanks to a link possted in the Adult section) and want to know if we'll ever get to see this:

http://www.wtflmao.com/media805.htm
Old 04-29-06, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I'm posting this here since its the newest thread relating to Fear Factor.

I just saw this clip(thanks to a link possted in the Adult section) and want to know if we'll ever get to see this:

http://www.wtflmao.com/media805.htm
Now THAT would be great. I guess we'll see this reality All Star episode sometime this summer.

Chris