Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

DVDEmpire now has a list of all those Treeline 50 movie megapacks, for $19.99.

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-05, 12:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If this is the wrong forum to post this, please move, thanks.

Got this in an e-mail today:

http://www.dvdempire.com/megapacks/

Most of these are "on order", but it's a nice list to have of all the sets made.

Biggest surprise for me is that in the "Chilling Classics" set is Driller Killer.
Old 10-27-05, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, they've added quite a few new sets since the last time I checked this out. I picked up about 6 of them about a year back to keep in the spare/guest room, which has our spare/guest DVD player.

Originally Posted by snorlaxnut
Biggest surprise for me is that in the "Chilling Classics" set is Driller Killer.
And Bad Taste!
Old 10-27-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, a spare guest room with spare dvds? Man, i don't mind booking my stay at your place for the holidays
Old 10-28-05, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen most of those sets at Big Lots for $19.99 if you have one of those anywhere near you. Also, Best Buy has the newest Chilling horror set for $19.99 and usually keeps the old set in stock too, though I think it will soon be out of print if it's not already.

If you get them at Best Buy you can use Best Buy Bucks from McDonald's and get $3 off...plus you don't have to wait for them to ship. If I'd known this earlier, I wouldn't have bought the Chilling set from amazon.com. Many of the sellers at Amazon have cheap prices on these sets too. I got my Chilling set shipped for $18.17.

They're great sets though, of mainly just public domain horror titles. I was very surprised of the inclusion of several titles on the new Chilling set though, including Peter Jackson's debut film, Bad Taste and the cult horror classic, Driller Killer. There's also an old 80's horror anthology called Deadtime Stories on there that I've been trying to find for a long time. It's a very rare vhs title that can be quite pricey, and this is the ONLY way to get it legally on DVD that I'm aware of.
Old 10-28-05, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone ever come across a post-1953 movie in any of these collections presented OAR - I'm assuming everything is pan-and-scan.
Old 10-28-05, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ocelot
Wow, a spare guest room with spare dvds? Man, i don't mind booking my stay at your place for the holidays

Well, keep in mind the 'quality' of the titles I keep in there. It's just basically to give people something to watch when they fall asleep, if they want. (It also keeps people from going downstairs to paw through my *actual* collection. )

Anyway, thanks to the OP for pointing this out. I picked up a couple more sets!
Old 10-28-05, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen couple movies that were widescreen. There's also plenty of title from the 70's and 80's now that they're incorporating in their sets, especially in the horror, martial arts, and action sets.