Dallas - Season 4 Coming In January 2006

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-24-05, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4332

Thanks to www.tvshowsondvd.com I can inform you that Dallas Season 4 is released in January of 2006.

Bobby Ewing rushes back to Dallas after he and Pamela are stopped on the highway - they had intended to leave the city for good! - by a police copter, whose uniformed passengers inform Bobby that his brother had been shot! J.R. Ewing lies in the hospital, near death from gunshot wounds, as Bobby takes control of Ewing Oil and the list of suspects grows long: Sue Ellen. Cliff Barnes. Marilee Stone. Vaughn Leland. Members of the Cartel. Alan Beam. Dusty Farlow. Jock. Miss Ellie.

Yes, J.R. was such an S.O.B. that even his parents were suspected of trying to take him out! Find out who pulled the trigger, and why, on January 24th when Dallas - The Complete 4th Season arrives on DVD.

This 4-disc set features 23 episodes including the 2-part season premiere, "No More Mister Nice Guy," the mystery-solving episode so properly titled as "Who Done It?," the thrilling two-parter "End of the Road," the multi-episode feud between Jock and Miss Ellie which came to a boil in "Ewing vs. Ewing," and the unraveling of yet another scheme with the season-ending cliffhanger, "Ewing-Gate". Guests you'll see during this season include Janine Turner, Joanna Cassidy, Richard Herd, Harry Carey Jr., Anne Francis, Stacy Keach, Sr., Noble Willingham, Jerry Hardin, Susan Howard, and Lance Guest.

As an extra added bonus, Warner is including the much-asked-for Dallas Reunion: The Return to Southfork special which aired in November 2004, as the main cast of the series gathered one more time at the famous ranch and house that the Ewing Clan lived in for 14 seasons. Hosted by Larry Hagman ("J.R. Ewing"), he and the rest of the gang reminisce, show bloopers, talk about behind-the scenes stuff and even air Larry Hagman's home movies! This is something the fans have been craving to get on DVD, and Warner could not have choosen a better season set to include it with!

Find out the answer to the most exciting cliffhanger in TV history when Dallas - The Complete 4th Season is released. List price is $39.98, and we've got your very first look at the box art for this must-have set!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4332

Last edited by Jack Straw; 10-24-05 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-24-05, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts
Let's hope that the last few season sets will include the several Dallas made-for-TV films, including 1986's "Dallas: The Early Years" and the two post-series continuations, 1996's "Dallas: JR Returns" and 1998"s "Dallas: War Of The Ewings".
Old 10-24-05, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Man, that Victoria Principal was (is?) a hottie. I would almost - ALMOST - get this DVD series for her.
Old 10-25-05, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Let's hope that the last few season sets will include the several Dallas made-for-TV films, including 1986's "Dallas: The Early Years" and the two post-series continuations, 1996's "Dallas: JR Returns" and 1998"s "Dallas: War Of The Ewings".
One can hope, but I'd almost think that if they were to be released, they would get released separately to make a few extra bucks. I'm waiting for season 6 (I believe) where they have the contest over Jock's will. That was the show's zenith, imo.
Old 06-24-07, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just picked this up and the third episode won't play, just hangs there and eventually gives me an error code. Anyone else have problems with this set?
Old 06-24-07, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My entire set played fine. You seem to have picked up a lemon. Exchange it for another one and you should be in like flynt.
Old 06-24-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by naitram
I just picked this up and the third episode won't play, just hangs there and eventually gives me an error code. Anyone else have problems with this set?
Just played the first disc in this set for the first time last night. No problems with mine plyed on a Tosh A1. Could be the player.

I'm waiting for season 6 (I believe) where they have the contest over Jock's will. That was the show's zenith, imo.
For me the series high point was definitely the third season. From Jocks trial on to the JR shooting at the end, Its just one brilliant complication/revelation after another.
Watching the fourth season again after 26 years, I'm reminded of how I could lose interest in it after the sensational last season. 3 eps in and nothing of real consequence happens. Just dog paddling in place and milking the "who shot..." question for as long as possible.
I'll probably bail on the series sets after this one, just like I did during its original run.
Old 06-24-07, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For me, season 6 was the zenith of the series where Jock's will set up the battle for Ewing Oil between Bobby and J.R.