Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Freddy vs Jason Vs Michael and F13th Remake

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-05, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://ap.lancasteronline.com/4/jason_reunion

Read the bottom, it says there making freddy vs jason vs michael and possibly a friday the 13th remake. I realy enjoyed Freddy vs Jason and think this will be awesome.
Old 10-23-05, 07:56 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the remake idea, but FvJvM is a terrible idea for two reasons. First, Freddy and Jason have always been larger than life characters, whereas Myers has been (for the most part) grounded in some sort of reality. Sure he's more or less invincible, but he's not a maggot covered zombie or a dream based monster. He's still just a human beneath all of it. Second, Michael essentially brings the same thing to the table as Jason... he's a silent unstoppable killer. If they are going to add a third player I'd rather have it at least be a different dynamic.
Old 10-23-05, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Freddy and Jason on vacation in THE LAND OF THE DEAD! meets the Werewolf.

Guest starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.
Old 10-23-05, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meets Kiss...Meets Scooby Doo, with special guest Don Knotts!
Old 10-23-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

... with Abbott & Costello and the Harlem Globetrotters ...

das
Old 10-23-05, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it's a stupid idea that I hope never sees the light of day. And the remake is a bad idea as well.
Old 10-23-05, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What's really weird is that in that article they quote an actress from Friday the 13th part 1 as saying this:

"I was Jason's first victim," bubbled actress Bobbi Morgan, who appeared in the 1980 original "Friday the 13th," in which Camp Crystal Lake served as the setting for a slew of murders. "(I) had to jump out of the jeep, and run into the woods where it would be safe. And I ran, and (Jason) finally got me and he slit my throat. He got me! I never even made it to the camp."

Does she realize that she's wrong?
Spoiler:
She was killed by Jason's Mom. Jason didn't touch her.
Old 10-23-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I, for one am looking forward to it.
Old 10-24-05, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Seantn
What's really weird is that in that article they quote an actress from Friday the 13th part 1 as saying this:

"I was Jason's first victim," bubbled actress Bobbi Morgan, who appeared in the 1980 original "Friday the 13th," in which Camp Crystal Lake served as the setting for a slew of murders. "(I) had to jump out of the jeep, and run into the woods where it would be safe. And I ran, and (Jason) finally got me and he slit my throat. He got me! I never even made it to the camp."

Spoiler:
Old 10-24-05, 02:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DRG
Second, Michael essentially brings the same thing to the table as Jason... he's a silent unstoppable killer. If they are going to add a third player I'd rather have it at least be a different dynamic.

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Rambo?
Old 10-24-05, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think this could be the perfect chance for the Leprechaun series to make a big comeback.
Old 10-24-05, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Freddy vs Jason: Enter Halloween

rumored title for the movie

I wouldnt mind seeing a Freddy Vs Jason Vs Rosie O Donnell
Old 10-24-05, 08:04 AM

I just hope there's a role for Clint Howard in this somewhere.
Old 10-24-05, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have to say, sadly, that I'll go see whatever they do with Jason next. A guilty pleasure of mine.
Old 10-24-05, 08:40 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
She's not even Mrs. Voorhee's first victim. That would be the dude who gets killed at the beginning of the movie.
Old 10-24-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

both are excellent ideas. it's about time the big 3 have a brawl.
Old 10-24-05, 10:31 AM

I thought Freddy vs Jason was a stupid idea. I was around in the 80's. Believe it or not, these characters used to both be taken seriously as horror figures. I also thought that the last half of the sequels in the last half of the 80's were all pretty stupid ideas.

We rolled are eyes at the Freddy baby idea just as we did at Jason going to Manhatten. Things haven't changed as we evolved with ideas such as Jason goes to Space and Freddy learning karate.

I don't know. As someone who saw these characters and remembers them as horror based popular figures around 1984, it was just kind of sad to see them downgrade into the ridiculous ideas that have plauged them for nearly two decades now.

I would see a movie with all three. It will probably even be a hit. But, I don't expect much. If it follows the goofy FVJ formula, I wont like it. But, I know others do, so I hope they do like it.

A Friday the 13th remake? Well, it will sort of defeat the whole purpose to make one with Jason as the killer. Which I can almost guarantee they would do. A Friday the 13th remake could work if the story was fleshed out. But, it would have to be more of a psychological drama/horror if based around a disturbed Mrs. Voorhees. Thats if you want to make a movie that will be good technically. The basis is there. Idea wasn't bad about a mother is rage. The location is creepy enough. But, you need to start fresh with the acting and get a group who come off as believable for a change. I can almost say that they will replace Mrs. Voorhees with Jason anyways, so none of it matters much anyways.
Old 10-24-05, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
I'm waiting for Freddy vs Jason vs Snakes-on-a-Plane
Old 10-24-05, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by AllHallowsEve
I don't know. As someone who saw these characters and remembers them as horror based popular figures around 1984, it was just kind of sad to see them downgrade into the ridiculous ideas that have plauged them for nearly two decades now.
The same can be said for Count Dracula starting as a truly scary character but then morphing into a cereal gimick (Count Chocula) and a Sesame Street character (The Count). The werewolf, the mummy.... started scary, now are shadows (Teen Wolf) of their former selves.

It's just the circle of life for a horror character.
Old 10-24-05, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In theaters this summer, "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael in Cube 3: The Revenge of the Cube."
Old 10-24-05, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
I want Freddy vs. Jason vs. MARVEL vs. Capcom vs. SNK....
Old 10-24-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by AllHallowsEve
I thought Freddy vs Jason was a stupid idea. I was around in the 80's. Believe it or not, these characters used to both be taken seriously as horror figures. I also thought that the last half of the sequels in the last half of the 80's were all pretty stupid ideas.

We rolled are eyes at the Freddy baby idea just as we did at Jason going to Manhatten. Things haven't changed as we evolved with ideas such as Jason goes to Space and Freddy learning karate.

The later sequels (starting with Nightmare 3) are the result of the fans (mostly kids) embracing Freddy/Jason as anti-heroes, rather than being afraid of them.
Old 10-24-05, 01:14 PM
Banned

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael Jackson... who can get to the little boys first?
Old 10-24-05, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
I like the remake idea, but FvJvM is a terrible idea for two reasons. First, Freddy and Jason have always been larger than life characters, whereas Myers has been (for the most part) grounded in some sort of reality. Sure he's more or less invincible, but he's not a maggot covered zombie or a dream based monster. He's still just a human beneath all of it. Second, Michael essentially brings the same thing to the table as Jason... he's a silent unstoppable killer. If they are going to add a third player I'd rather have it at least be a different dynamic.
You mean Michael always coming back no matter how many times you kill him is based in Reality???
I am for this movie but a Friday the 13th remake? What are they going to do make it PG-13 to appeal to younger crowds?

Sure would be nice to see what some of the cast members look like now.

Last edited by riley_dude; 10-24-05 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-24-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Legolas
Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael Jackson... who can get to the little boys first?
C'mon.. that's no contest!

Really, though, if they make another "VS.", they need to stick to two characters. How can they do three justice in 2 hours time?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.